• Real Madrid faking that their season was a success

:ph34r:

In all seriousness there's mainly only two reasons which are the first two from the neutral's perspective.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant from Barça in that first half. Wasn’t expecting it to be honest but nobody can live with Barcelona when they’re in that type of mindset. Where was that against Roma away? Even at home!

Anyway... No point in looking back now because this is another final, a vital win needed here. 

24 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Not going to lie and say I like the outcome but I'm digging your passion :$

Congrats Antonio and Chris...it was more than just a final today. Iniesta's goal was a beauty and y'all had the pleasure of having/watching iniesta for years..will definitely go down as one of the greatest midfielders of all time. Its crazy he is leaving for China, his form hasn't decline much.

Yep... It's kinda emotional to think this is almost certainly his last final at club level in elite football. Everything comes to an end though but I think he's called it a day way too early due to his playing style. He could've gone on quite a bit longer.

All the same, what a player and he was the best in today's game.

I was thinking maybe it could just be the right time for Iniesta to go to China in recent weeks as he seemed to have suddenly slowed down a lot, then you see tonight, realise how stupid you was and how he still has these masterful performances left in him. He'll always be too good for China and it's sad that he isn't up for staying another year or 2. The problem is, if he had stayed then playing  every week wouldn't have been wise as the man needs his rest between games these days and that's not what he wants. One of the greatest players to have played for the club and will always be remembered as such. One of those players who you will forever watch highlight reels back of. The fact he scored was the icing on the cake as well tonight as it was almost written in the stars. The ovation he got(as always) was brilliant as well, even from the Sevilla fans. Their team were losing 5-0 but they were still on their feet showing respect to a true Spanish legend. That's how much respect he gets all over Spain, in fact around Europe.

Unfortunately every team has to adapt and evolve when legends leave and it's now time for the rest of the "old guard" to continue leading the team, especially Messi, Alba and Busquets who have plenty left(Suarez, barring he gets the service still smashes goals in too) and for the likes of Umtiti, Semedo, Coutinho, Dembele, Arthur and whichever other signings are potentially made in the summer to help the team continue to grow. Winning 2 trophies certainly gives these newer lads a winning mentality atleast. The squad depth is what needs the most work, but there is a very strong starting 11 there, especially if reverting back to 4-3-3 with both Dembele and Coutinho starting.

Full faith being shown in Dembele, Coutinho being given a key role, players like Andre Gomes out and replaced by Aleña, Arthur given chances when he arrives and not just left hanging around in the squad all season, a new young defender and attacking player in to offer strength in depth should really improve the squad on the whole. Valverde will be more settled himself next summer and won't have to deal with an unplanned loss of a key player like with Neymar next term, he will also be able to bolster his squad a bit with a few. Dembele will also get a full pre-season under his belt so will be like a new signing in some senses. Coutinho will be himself given that he wasn't eligible for this season's Champions League.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep... It's kinda emotional to think this is almost certainly his last final at club level in elite football. Everything comes to an end though but I think he's called it a day way too early due to his playing style. He could've gone on quite a bit longer.

All the same, what a player and he was the best in today's game.

There is still a Clasico yet for him to play in mate and there isn't a bigger fixture than that when you're a Barcelona player, even if this one won't be decisive like others. He's still not quite done yet :hh:

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

There is still a Clasico yet for him to play in mate and there isn't a bigger fixture than that when you're a Barcelona player, even if this one won't be decisive like others. He's still not quite done yet :congrats:

Indeed there's still El Clásico to come but Iniesta has been all about wining things his whole career and this was a final which sort of suits him. Like you said in your previous post, it's the icing on the cake that he scored and on top of that he was by far the best player on the pitch tonight. A total education in purist football from him. 

Commentator (speaking of the  Domestic Doblete): "This has been a good season, even by Barcelona standards."

Talk about setting the bar high LOL.

With the incoming reinforcements and Coutinho and Dembele bedding in their second season, Barcelona to complete the Treble next season (2018-2019) in the VERY SAME STADIUM on Saturday June 1st 2019.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed there's still El Clásico to come but Iniesta has been all about wining things his whole career and this was a final which sort of suits him. Like you said in your previous post, it's the icing on the cake that he scored and on top of that he was by far the best player on the pitch tonight. A total education in purist football from him. 

32 trophies for the club and he's been a key player in every one of those.

Great career. The talent was always there and you could see it, even under Rijkaard where he didn't truly find a position for Iniesta. But where he truly started to excel was in Euro 2008, he had a fantastic tournament, Xavi was the player of it, but Iniesta was never far behind in that one for me and was actually overlooked. After that, he went onto become one of the best in the world and renowned as a big game player both for club and country.

One of the greats without a doubt. He will boss it in China as well and look miles ahead of the rest in that league, just like Xavi out in Qatar.

As for Cilessen, with him and Ter Stegen, that's one position that definitely doesn't need strengthening. He always does a job when called upon. Brilliant pass as well.

• The title was changed to Copa del Rey 2018: Sevilla 0-5 Barcelona
11 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Not going to lie and say I like the outcome but I'm digging your passion :$

Congrats Antonio and Chris...it was more than just a final today. Iniesta's goal was a beauty and y'all had the pleasure of having/watching iniesta for years..will definitely go down as one of the greatest midfielders of all time. Its crazy he is leaving for China, his form hasn't decline much.

Is this really Erick? You can tell it must have been 420 recently mate :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon i don't understand Spanish and then I heard some yodelling and now I'm confused.

Hahaha... I just wanted you guys to listen to the emotion involved in Spanish commentary. All sorts happen when it's a special goal and you even hear swearing at times which is hilarious as context has to be understood in all the emotion.

• Administrator

nothing wrong with showing emotion and no complaints about that but saying 'gol' several times over and over again isn't the best kind of commentary I could listen to.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived