Wycombe vs Barnet
Yeovil vs Colchester

Sunday 1st October, 2017
Championship
Sheff Weds vs Leeds, 12.15

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After taking Leeds apart in midweek, it'll be interesting to see how Cardiff deal with Derby, who haven't started well but, on paper at least, have a good squad. 

Also expecting Preston to heap more undue pressure onto Simon Grayson and Sunderland and if Leeds beat Sheffield Wednesday, I can see Carlos Carvahal booking a flight that never exists with Ryanair. 

Mansfield v Notts County is also one of the games of the weekend. 

Gillingham at home is another banana skin like Doncaster and Wimbledon at home. If we start with a high tempo and get the first goal I'd be very confident of winning the game. If we are slow, miss some chances, the opposition start to time waste and the crowd get restless it could be another one of those very frustrating games and we're always likely to make a mistake in defence.

Dack playing against his old club could go one of two ways, he'll either get sent off or score a hat trick!

Deserved but nervy 1-0 win. We were pretty comfortable through but Raya had to make a few important saves. We need to be more clinical and make games more comfortable, but a win is a win. We're in the top 6 now, lets hope that's where we stay now until the end of the season.

2-2 away at Boro, another game we dominate. If you take away the fact that you have to score more goals than the opposition to win a game...we'd be the best side in the league. Just need to win more consistently, but a point away at Boro ain't a bad result.

Can't wait for a month or two to pass and the lads gel together, they're going to tear some defences apart.

• Administrator

2-0 to the Owls. Not turning in to a good few days for Leeds, surrendering their lead at the top of the table on Tuesday against Cardiff and now losing to Sheffield Wednesday. Deserved lead from what I've seen. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

2-0 to the Owls. Not turning in to a good few days for Leeds, surrendering their lead at the top of the table on Tuesday against Cardiff and now losing to Sheffield Wednesday. Deserved lead from what I've seen. 

Wednesday had a goal prior to the second ruled out incorrectly for offside as well.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wednesday had a goal prior to the second ruled out incorrectly for offside as well.

yep, shocking call from the linesman. 

Well, what an absolute twat of a week it's been.

We started well enough today, Wednesday looked nervous and Saiz was running the show, but we weren't clinical enough. Just like Tuesday night at Cardiff, the game changed when the first goal went in and again, it was soft as shit. Then we simply capitulated.

You will not win games being two down at HT. It gives you too much of a mountain to climb. The defence has gone from looking solid to extremely porous. The 'keeper for me is a major part of this, he just installs zero confidence. Why we let Rob Green go after such a solid season and install this lad as number 1 I will never know...

Wednesday deserved the win, could have had more in fairness.

Have we been found out already? I don't know. But mentally we've taken two big knocks which will have knocked our confidence and 8 goals conceded in the last three games is terrible. We now have an International break to suck it up and chew over for a fortnight till we can come back and put it right. Food for thought for Christiansen.

Watching the Pompey/Gillingham I do half worry for Gillingham. Nugent and Maher seem organised at the back but there's a real lack of creativity going forward that could see them going down. Other than Lee Martin nobody looks capable of doing anything.

Then again, this is exactly what we were like under Peter Taylor.

I hope Portsmouth can find some consistency. Today was a good win for them but they often follow up victory with defeat. They have the make up of a decent side and although he didn't play today, Brett Pitman will get them goals. They just need to start stringing together wins because they are more than capable of competing for top 6.

Gillingham look like a side on a slippery slope. Couldn't really give two hoots about them. They were a horrible team when we played them in League One and Paul Scally was a complete cunt to us. Crack onwards to League Two hopefully...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived