talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 7 Fixtures - 29 Sept - 1st Oct 2017

football forum

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

first of all, im completely against politicizing the sports like this shameful act by Barcelona. i dont know how well you know american history but its exactly the same as the rebels of the confederate states and saying its okay for southern states to support it just because the rebels live there. i applaud the real madrid fans that showed support for their country. if barcelona fc wants to show support maybe they should start their own fucking league with no rules. leave the political agenda out of it.

Shall we kneel or shall we stand for the national anthem?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

that has nothing to do with it. i dont like it period just how i dislike man utd pushing the LGBT agenda.

The real madrid fans showing supporting for the country of la liga were both real madrid and Barcelona play. showing support for the fucking country that were Barcelona has many players playing for their national team. at the end of the day it was the fans on one side and on the other side it was the club who continues to act like cunts with no rules to follow 

keep the political and religious bs out of the sport, is that too much to ask stan? 

If it was any other day then them holding up a Spanish flag is normal but this was done in a direct response and attempt to make out as if Catalans getting battered by police was justified or that's at least how it will come across especially as they did it against a team from Catalonia.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

first of all, im completely against politicizing the sports like this shameful act by Barcelona. i dont know how well you know american history but its exactly the same as the rebels of the confederate states and saying its okay for southern states to support it just because the rebels live there. i applaud the real madrid fans that showed support for their country. if barcelona fc wants to show support maybe they should start their own fucking league with no rules. leave the political agenda out of it.

You don't seem to know much about the confederacy... They fought to keep slavery and monuments celebrating confederate soldiers were mostly built long after the war during moments when blacks were fighting for civil rights specifically to make things more difficult for black people.

I'm neither in favour or against Catalan independence but to say people supporting the confederates are the same as Catalans wanting independence is massively ignorant.

43 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If it was any other day then them holding up a Spanish flag is normal but this was done in a direct response and attempt to make out as if Catalans getting battered by police was justified or that's at least how it will come across especially as they did it against a team from Catalonia.

There was no hostility directed towards Espanyol, their fans or Catalonia. To be fair, it seems  the spanish flags were more of a call for spanish unity than an act of provocation. It was a very strange matchday in Spain, I don´t think most fans were in the mood for fotball after seeing the scenes out of Catalonia.

https://www.espn.com.mx/futbol/espana/nota/_/id/3585325/banderas-en-las-gradas-y-silencio-del-espanyol

6 hours ago, El_Loco said:

There was no hostility directed towards Espanyol, their fans or Catalonia. To be fair, it seems  the spanish flags were more of a call for spanish unity than an act of provocation. It was a very strange matchday in Spain, I don´t think most fans were in the mood for fotball after seeing the scenes out of Catalonia.

https://www.espn.com.mx/futbol/espana/nota/_/id/3585325/banderas-en-las-gradas-y-silencio-del-espanyol

Espanyol, as you can probably tell by their name, are not a pro Catalan independence club.

7 hours ago, El_Loco said:

That will NOT be taken as a call for unity in Catalunya and neither in the rest of Spain.  Real Madrid is the WRONG club to do that and more so against another Catalan football club mate.  I know what you're getting at but that's not the way it is and what I will say now...  If it's not ok for some that FC Barcelona positioned themselves in favour of the referendum being able to go ahead (they've never positioned themselves on what side of the fence they sit on which is different) because it's to politicise football.  Then this is NOT ok!  But I wouldn't have expected anything else from Real Madrid CF.  The club didn't sanction it (apparently), but they let it happen.  There was another Catalan football club out there and over 8,000 people were injured by the authorities...  They were injured, not for going out to pick a fight.  They were injured by the authorities for going out to want to vote peacefully.  Those flags mean something else and the VIVA ESPAÑA (think god it wasn't ARRIBA ESPAÑA) are also not the words to use yesterday.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Espanyol, as you can probably tell by their name, are not a pro Catalan independence club.

They never position themselves on anything but they are a "Catalanista" football club which doesn't mean "separatist".  But then again FC Barcelona is exactly the same...  Never in history has FCB positioned themselves toward any group.  What they've always maintained is freedom of expression in their stadium.

18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Couldn’t see it in the end becauae I’ve been celebrating my wedding anniversary. From what I’m hearing from a mate that wandered off to watch it on his mobile is that Iniesta when he came on done some pure magic. 

Political nonsense aside:-

Iniesta and Rakitic made a difference when they came on and the team as a whole then went on to play much better. Some terrific football at times in fact(the 2nd and 3rd goals were testament to that), although like Cannabis said, due to no fans being present in the stadium, it was hard to get a true feel for the game.

But there was some great football on offer in the final half an hour or so. Messi upped his game, Iniesta was magic at times, Rakitic made a difference coming off the bench and both Denis and Sergi Roberto had very good games and were among the better players, Sergi especially.

• The title was changed to La Liga - Week 7 Fixtures - 29 Sept - 1st Oct 2017
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived