talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal and Bayern charged by UEFA

football forum

Arsenal and Bayern Munich have been charged by Uefa following the behaviour of their fans in Tuesday's Champions League last-16 tie at the Emirates.

Bayern have been charged with the throwing of objects after their supporters delayed play by launching rolls of paper onto the pitch.

The visiting fans were protesting over ticket prices.

Arsenal also face charges after a supporter invaded the field during their crushing 5-1 second-leg defeat.

Bayern Munich fans held up a banner which read "without fans football is not worth a penny", having made a similar protest in a Champions League group match at Arsenal last season.

Disciplinary proceedings have also been opened against Napoli following their 6-2 aggregate loss to Real Madrid at the Stadio San Paolo on Tuesday.

The Italian club have four charges against them; the use of a laser pointer, blocking stairways, throwing of objects and setting off fireworks.

All cases will be dealt with by Uefa on 23 March.

Firemen stepped in to help stewards as the game was paused following Bayern fans' protest

Bayern defender Rafinha helped with the clear-up

Bayern Munich fans also held up a banner stating "the greed knows no limits"

https://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39211183

It was toilet paper for fucks sake, hardly missiles. Didn't even know there had been a 'pitch invasion' either.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

you always know there's a pitch invasion when the camera pans across loads of different mugs around the stadium.

But yeah, toilet paper. what a shit thing to be charged for.

I support the Bayern fans' protests. They're right!

Under normal circumstances I'd say they were ripped off because that's what Arsenal FC does to its own fans.

But then again they saw their team put 5 goals in against Arsenal which should have alleviated their disgust. The only charge that should exist is against Arsenal FC for ripping off the Bayern fans and for robbing their own fans every year.

Toilet paper was also a great selection of object to use in this protest. Arsenal are exactly that. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I support the Bayern fans' protests. They're right!

Under normal circumstances I'd say they were ripped off because that's what Arsenal FC does to its own fans.

But then again they saw their team put 5 goals in against Arsenal which should have alleviated their disgust. The only charge that should exist is against Arsenal FC for ripping off the Bayern fans and for robbing their own fans every year.

Toilet paper was also a great selection of object to use in this protest. Arsenal are exactly that. 

Its UEFA that come up with the prices of tickets not the home or away club.  Ajax also protested a few years ago when they were charged 80 euros for the Man City game.

o-AJAX-570.jpg?4

On 3/8/2017 at 11:09 PM, VanPanna said:

Its UEFA that come up with the prices of tickets not the home or away club.  Ajax also protested a few years ago when they were charged 80 euros for the Man City game.

o-AJAX-570.jpg?4

Well maybe the Bayern fans were protesting on our behalf because we get ripped off.

When did UEFA start assigning the Champions League matchday prices?

I say this because I remember paying €46 to Watch Valencia at Mestalla and three weeks later paying €38 at the Camp Nou for the same category ticket.  

23 hours ago, VanPanna said:

I'm pretty sure they don't...

36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm pretty sure they don't...

Well its their show, a lot of the clubs do protest against UEFA for the tickets so they must give guide lines on what to charge, unless its special cases like at Spurs when the Home team got a very good deal.  Munich do this alot, they protested last season at Arsenal, they stayed out the stadium for 5 minutes,  it is good they are one of the few big clubs that are doing something about it.   

8 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Well its their show, a lot of the clubs do protest against UEFA for the tickets so they must give guide lines on what to charge, unless its special cases like at Spurs when the Home team got a very good deal.  Munich do this alot, they protested last season at Arsenal, they stayed out the stadium for 5 minutes,  it is good they are one of the few big clubs that are doing something about it.   

I don't think UEFA have guidelines on what clubs should charge, I think that's part of the problem. Clubs can charge what they want. They're probably looking for something similar to when fans of English clubs protested outside the Premier League HQ and for them to set a cap of some sort (there was a cap put on away ticket prices)

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think UEFA have guidelines on what clubs should charge, I think that's part of the problem. Clubs can charge what they want. They're probably looking for something similar to when fans of English clubs protested outside the Premier League HQ and for them to set a cap of some sort (there was a cap put on away ticket prices)

Well Uefa charge what they want, the final in Cardiff of the Champions League final tickets have gone up 15%  

Archived