talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Apprentice

football forum

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair to Elizabeth if she wasn't strict with times and they missed the segway they would have lost this task. She's an odd character but a stronger candidate in comparison to others based on this weeks task.

Yeah don't get the Elizabeth hatred. She's weird and unconventional but actually thought she did pretty well this week, nowhere the worst candidate 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
Just now, Storts said:

Yeah don't get the Elizabeth hatred. She's weird and unconventional but actually thought she did pretty well this week, nowhere the worst candidate 

She's not a manager though, she rubbed people up the wrong way and wouldn't last five minutes with that attitude in the real world. As soon as she ends up in the bottom three Sugar will send her packing. She's comedy value but little more.

football forum

I don't think anyone comes close to Karthik though who is probably the worst I've ever seen. I'm still laughing from the fact that Lord Sugar sacked him before he even had chance to pick which two candidates were joining him in the boardroom xD

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Sugar has bottled it all season. I've enjoyed this series again don't get me wrong but he's not half gone soft. A load of them; Charles, Joanna, Elizabeth just off the top of my head should have been sent packing weeks ago but instead they're dripping their way to the final. 

The Apprentice is entertainment, not a business show.

been that for a few years now to be honest but I still find it fun to watch. in fact ever since the format changed to £250k investment in business the whole dynamic changed.

• Administrator

Charles needs to fvcking walk. Part of being a manager is not just directing and wimping out of tasks. It's getting involved and showing you can support your team too. 'the girls have longer hair so they're used to cleaning and combing'. Fvck off you tit.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The coloured girl with glasses (forget her name) was so shit it's unreal, on a par with Elizabeth who should also have been sent packing.

She lives where I grew up. She was on the local radio show just before the first episode. The opening question went something like this:

"What was being on the apprentice like?"

"Yeah well I was really happy with how I got in the process"

"Oh. So you didn't win it then?"

**awkward laugh**

That opening question literally summed her up over the last eight weeks. Clumsy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing everybody has watched the final so this post will contain spoilers.

I thought the reason Lord Sugar fired Michaela because of the experience and success he's had in recruitment made his mind up about investing in James but he knew in a head to head that Michaela would have murdered him.

So the result surprised me. To be fair to Sarah she was a very good candidate. Possibly better than all the other candidates in recent series. By the end of the episode I thought she really sold her business well when she doesn't need a £250,000 investment to be told her current business needed a website.

The ending has generated more interest to the show for me which is found important given over years you can tell they've angled it to more of a tv entertainment show than a serious investment opportunity given some of the jokers they have taken on.

I preferred this year to previous seasons as I felt the strong candidates this year were stronger than candidates over the previous 3 to 4 seasons. Even though two thirds of them should never have been on the show in the first place.

• Administrator

quite surprised at the final result as well. Mainly because Sugar criticised Michaela for having multiple businesses previously and this was his reason for not putting him through to the final. Then he goes and invests in 2 businesses at once.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Yep, will become the standard Wednesday night TV for a couple months. One of those programmes now I'll persist with despite knowing it's not even half as good as it used to be. 

• Subscriber

Meh. One of those things that is successful for a few years until the novelty wears off then it's like who cares. See Dragons Den, Big Brother, Geordie Shore etc. Hopefully Love Island goes the same way soon enough. 

The Apprentice has actually stood the test of time for a bit longer, possibly because they change the format a few years ago. However, for me it's one of those programs where you get invested in the contestants until someone wins, you never hear a thing about them again, repeat the cycle a couple of times and then realise there's no point getting invested at all and without the investment you're just there for the minor comedy moments of people being incompetent with goofy music edited in to the background.

Reading that back I'm a depressing bastard sometimes xD.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Meh. One of those things that is successful for a few years until the novelty wears off then it's like who cares. See Dragons Den, Big Brother, Geordie Shore etc. Hopefully Love Island goes the same way soon enough. 

The Apprentice has actually stood the test of time for a bit longer, possibly because they change the format a few years ago. However, for me it's one of those programs where you get invested in the contestants until someone wins, you never hear a thing about them again, repeat the cycle a couple of times and then realise there's no point getting invested at all and without the investment you're just there for the minor comedy moments of people being incompetent with goofy music edited in to the background.

Reading that back I'm a depressing bastard sometimes xD.

xD

You'll be glad to know Love Island is done and dusted. Think the one just gone was the last ever.

Regarding the apprentice, the guaranteed episodes for entertainment are usually the first couple where you see how much of a dumbfuck a person can be when they get the most basic things wrong. And secondly, the interview stage where they get absolutely crucified. Can be TV gold. 

Problem with The Apprentice is it's become too personality based than on genuine business acumen skills and the TV audience celebrate the failings on each task more than the successes.

Plus they now find it essential to have more candidates than they need, purely just to have one or two episode's where we get a double or triple firing for TV entertainment.

Shame, because it was always one of my favourite shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived