• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shooting in Las Vegas; Worst Massacre in US History

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Gun control wouldn't change much at all. There are millions and millions of illegal and unregistered guns. It would only punish the lawabiders that already follow the laws to the T. People like this fellow don't give two fucks about your gun control laws and it wouldn't take him much time to gather an arsenal of illegal weaponry.

There needs to be a huge seizure of illegal weaponry before gun control laws mean anything. It was possible in Australia with the centralised population, minor gangs, minor organised crime, and smaller gun ownership. I'd like to see the powers that be waltz into Engelwood and seize the thousands od weapons held by gang bangers.

They'd also have to secure the land border with Mexico. Anyone got any ideas? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

They'd also have to secure the land border with Mexico. Anyone got any ideas? :ph34r:

Heh, I think I had a discussion with Gonzo about that. Turns out all the illegal Mexican guns comijg into the states are from the states to begin with! xD Literally shooting yourself in the foot

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Also puts a dent in the "good guy with a gun" theory.

Although I guess if the concert-goers had been armed with some LMGs and maybe some over-shoulder rocket launchers or recoilless rifles they could have put up a fight.

Very rarely have I seen or heard of any yank using 'put up a fight' as a pro-gun stance. The only advocat I can think of is Jesse Ventura. The more common stance is arms detterence. Which to a degree may be true. It could be coincidental but the areas of Chicagoland that have banned guns altogether have higher rates of burglary. A perp is more likely to burglarise a place when they know they owner can't blow them away with their military grade shotgun xD 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Heh, I think I had a discussion with Gonzo about that. Turns out all the illegal Mexican guns comijg into the states are from the states to begin with! xD Literally shooting yourself in the foot

Wouldn't surprise me, but again the point is that they're already there. Stable door, horse, etc.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

i'm gonna be that guy and moan about the fact the mainstream media is calling this guy a 'lone gunman' as opposed to a 'lone terrorist'.

¬¬

There wasn't a political motive, was there? The standard definition of terrorism requires that.

Also, I'm pretty sure the usual suspects at the Independent and/or Guardian are describing this as terrorism. Weird that one side of the political spectrum always seems to be ignored when the 'mainstream media' is being discussed.

If it's a Muslim perpetrator, you get the Daily Mail, Telegraph, etc. describing it as terrorism while the Guardian,Independent, etc brush it off as an "incident". The right cry "Why is no one calling this terrorism!?"

If it's a  Non-Muslim perpetrator, the Guardian/Indy declare it a terrorist attack, while the Mail and Telegraph brush it off as an "incident". Then the left cry "Why is no one calling this terrorism!?"

I find it very bizarre that everything has to be rubber stamped with the 'terrorist' label before we can discuss it. Is it reslly that important to discuss the semantics of each incident to decode whether it was 'terrorism' or not? We don't know anything at the moment, this incident is Schrödinger's Cat. We simply don't know if it was a terrorist act or a random act of violence.

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Very rarely have I seen or heard of any yank using 'put up a fight' as a pro-gun stance. The only advocat I can think of is Jesse Ventura. 

Donald Trump uses that stance whenever there is a terrorist attack in Europe. He also used it when there was a movie theatre shooting in the US, to which Piers Morgan replied "good idea let's all stand up in a dark room and start shooting aimlessly" :8_laughing::8_laughing::8_laughing:

Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

Donald Trump uses that stance whenever there is a terrorist attack in Europe. He also used it when there was a movie theatre shooting in the US, to which Piers Morgan replied "good idea let's all stand up in a dark room and start shooting aimlessly" :8_laughing::8_laughing::8_laughing:

Fucking hell, when Piers Morgan gets one over you, it is time to go home.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Gun control wouldn't change much at all. There are millions and millions of illegal and unregistered guns. It would only punish the lawabiders that already follow the laws to the T. People like this fellow don't give two fucks about your gun control laws and it wouldn't take him much time to gather an arsenal of illegal weaponry.

There needs to be a huge seizure of illegal weaponry before gun control laws mean anything. It was possible in Australia with the centralised population, minor gangs, minor organised crime, and smaller gun ownership. I'd like to see the powers that be waltz into Engelwood and seize the thousands od weapons held by gang bangers.

I agree with what you're saying. I do think it's too late for that now, but it should at least be put in place in my opinion. 

I haven't heard what guns were used in firing and which he owned vs not owned. Then again in Las Vegas it's legal to own fully automatic guns which to me is nuts. Gun laws need to be slapped on that nonsense, there is no reason a US Citizen needs a full auto gun...

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Those cunts would take responsibilty for clogging my toilet if they heard about it

exactly.  :D       they claim every attack as theirs.  facking goats.      If it were isis, then that facker would have shouted Allahu Akbar many times before he strapped a bomb unto himself and blew himself up.

why can't the americans just admit that there are a lot of crazies in their country.

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s planned this it’s not just some random act, the guns the event the line of sight the sheer ammo required is staggering. It’s going to be fascinating to see what his motives are, you can’t just put it down to him snapping. 

I think random act in this context means that there is/was no external motivation of the shooter. 

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think random act in this context means that there is/was no external motivation of the shooter. 

There’s always a motive, it’s just whether we can interpret what it is. I don’t buy ISIS, it could possibly be gambling it could just be a hatred of country music, but there’s always a motive. 

Edit: IS have doubled down on claiming it’s him and released some sort of communication with him. Tbh I’m still very skeptic 

Archived