• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Catalonian XI

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Pedro has never appeared for the Catalonia team so think it is safe to say he'd settle with Spain.

In reality it'd look more like this

Krkic -Sergio Garcia - Deulofeu

Alba - Roberto - Busquets - Vidal

Fontas - Pique - Bartra

Casilla

I'b be surprised by people like Fabregas because they seem like the types to not really care about this sort of thing. @SirBalon even said it himself, Catalonia is full of immigrants so even if they are Catalonia doesn't mean they are Catalan...

I think most true Catalans would play for Catalunya if they were to achieve independence.  I know I would if I were a professional footballer, had played for Spain and Galicia became independent. It wouldn't mean that I wasn't honoured to have played for what was previously my country every single time and that it would remain that way.  But things are how they are and whoever doesn't understand that has brain cells missing or has issues revolving hatred.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think most true Catalans would play for Catalunya if they were to achieve independence.  I know I would if I were a professional footballer, had played for Spain and Galicia became independent. It wouldn't mean that I wasn't honoured to have played for what was previously my country every single time and that it would remain that way.  But things are how they are and whoever doesn't understand that has brain cells missing or has issues revolving hatred.

Not everyone feels nationalism like that though.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not everyone feels nationalism like that though.

I know and I appreciate that.  But for those that do, they are easy to understand and that's what I'm getting at.  I would never criticise anyone for choosing who they want to play for or what nationality they feel they pertain to.  That same courtesy I want in return!

For example I have never criticised any player that has been born somewhere and then opted to play for another country...  It's happened more than a hundred times I'm sure.  Well there are people that have special sentiments to where they feel they belong to and that's all that matters and should be respected.

What I don't like are people like Munir...  He chose to play for Spain and after his debut he has never played again for the full Spain national side and now wants to play for Morocco.  You are given options and within those options lie rules...  When you sign on the dotted line to the well explained rules, then that's it.  Unless something changes in accordance to the rules accepting how you feel, then you must live by those decisions.  This is at the end of the day, only football!

5 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Never! haha

The russian federation apparently invited Barcelona to play in their league. Next thing the russian will do is probably to invite Shaktar Donetsk. xD

That'll further fuel the conspiracy theory that the Russians are meddling in the situation and stoking independence through their mouth piece Julian Assange 

xD

8 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That'll further fuel the conspiracy theory that the Russians are meddling in the situation and stoking independence through their mouth piece Julian Assange 

xD

Yes. And they probably did it on purpose. One cannot deny that they´d like to see a NATO country imploding. 

But if it´s a trolling contest, then the spaniards should ask the russians for their gold back! xD

Archived