talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 10th - 15th March

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So Ryan Sessegnon, 16 years old on a hat-trick. Fulham get a penalty with the last kick of the game. Sessegnon wants to take it. Tim Ream comes in and takes it (not sure if he's their regular penalty taker). Ream misses the target and denies Sessegnon a hat-trick. Bit of a dick move!

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

That's great news, we've been linked with him so it might get him to throw in a transfer request :ph34r:.

Bit of a dick move if it's in the last minute and they're two goals ahead.

my cousin's a Fulham fan and he said it was the manager's decision to change it. Bizarre choice to let your CB take it.

Player's leaving the pitch in tears, no Sky TV in the ground, staff working for free as they've been unpaid for ages and the club being unable to pay for printing of the matchday programme, this club is on its knees. 

It's like visiting a dying relative. You know what's coming but it doesn't make it easier in the slightest. 

Get in.

Fleetwood hadn't lost in 18 games, we hadn't won away since November. I knew I should have put a fiver on us winning today.

Howling laughing at Scunthorpe - 2-0 up against Gillingham with 15 minutes to go, end up losing 3-2 after conceding THREE penalties.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Player's leaving the pitch in tears, no Sky TV in the ground, staff working for free as they've been unpaid for ages and the club being unable to pay for printing of the matchday programme, this club is on its knees. 

It's like visiting a dying relative. You know what's coming but it doesn't make it easier in the slightest. 

What the fuck has happened at Leyton Orient? I heard this mentioned today - no money to pay the printer is Bolton Wanderers-esque in its financial cringeworthiness.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

that's absolutely terrible :( 

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What the fuck? I've said it over and over but it's un-forgivable what has happened at Orient. As a fellow football supporter you like to think that you stand shoulder to shoulder with others and it's horrible to hear about stories like this. When I went to the Blackpool game last week the Supporters Group handed me a flyer to not buy any merchandise in protest against Oyston, they had said that they were also working with the likes of Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City, Charlton Athletic and Orient in protest at their clubs owners too.

Is there any talk of a phoenix club?

Yeah, we had a joint protest with Blackpool in November. 

There's a way I believe that our fans trust, as shareholders, can potentially get the club put into administration, if the court accept their pleas. If the courts liquidate the club, the money raised from a regeneration fund (to raise £250k to help with any possible outcome, which the bloke from Man v Food has donated) set up by our fans trust would go to the formation of a Phoenix club. 

12 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

What the fuck has happened at Leyton Orient? I heard this mentioned today - no money to pay the printer is Bolton Wanderers-esque in its financial cringeworthiness.

Our chairman come in during the summer of 2014 and has just been irresponsible from day one throwing money at it and wondering why it's not worked despite him interfering and picking the team. He's now done his money and is fed up of his toy that is this club and there's a pretty good chance he won't attend the court hearing with HMRC that could see us liquidated. 

Fuck me terrible performance. Should have been 4-1 to Fulham. Fulham will eventually replace Reading in the playoff places in my opinion and I wouldn't be surprised if they went on to win the playoffs.

We've blown our comfort already. Huddersfield win their game in hand and we'd only be 3 points clear of 3rd. Story of our season, keep building up these leads then blowing them.

We are naff at home. Slow, negative, backward passing. Anyone who presses well and we can't do jack shit. 

Based on home results we are actually outside of the playoff places. That just shows how fucking good we are away to be top of the league.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, roversgirl said:

I know they sacked their manager yesterday evening and they aren't in great form, but it will take  huge effort and not doubt a bit of luck if we are to take any points from today's game. I can't remember us doing particularly well at Carrow Road in recent times either. Norwich have an excellent squad and they beat us easily on the opening day of the season - they are the best side to visit Ewood so far this season by some distance. We do have plenty of options in the squad now with some defenders returning and the emergence of Mahoney. I hope Mowbray does freshen it up a bit after 4 big games in the last 2 weeks - Graham and Mahoney in for Conway and Gallagher. I'd also like to see Hoban come in to partner Lenihan, and Mulgrew pushed into midfield as he is a class act in midfield at this level.

Welcome onboard, good to see another familiar name from TFF joined

A point before the game would of been seen as a good result, however, they played 70 mins with 10 men and we were leading with just over 10 mins to go so it feels like 2 big points dropped. Burton, Bristol City and Wolves all winning just added to the frustration. The only bonus is the likes of Forest and even Birmingham are still down there and could easily be dragged in. Nice to see Joao get his first two goals for us, he clearly has potential but he is still very very raw. Mahoney again made a big impact from the bench, he got a number of Norwich players booked (one should have been sent off for 2 yellow card offences against us) and another assist for him.

Tough game in hand on Tuesday away at Fulham who on their day are one of the best teams in the league, they just have to improve their consistency. Fulham will see this as the ideal game to go ahead of Sheffield Wednesday into the play offs but we need to make it difficult for them and stop Tom Cairney in particular.

• Subscriber

Please let Forest drop. It would be comedy gold. Even funnier after their paper did an article about their fans laughing at us about a month ago. Quite amazing for a club to poke fun at one who are still in the Champions League when they sit below Burton Albion in the table.

Rotherham United. What's going on? How are they this bad?

I'd quite like to see Fulham come up actually. Assuming we stay up, I've never been there.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Please let Forest drop. It would be comedy gold. Even funnier after their paper did an article about their fans laughing at us about a month ago. Quite amazing for a club to poke fun at one who are still in the Champions League when they sit below Burton Albion in the table.

Rotherham United. What's going on? How are they this bad?

I'd quite like to see Fulham come up actually. Assuming we stay up, I've never been there.

nice stadium but sitting on wooden seats with very small legroom for a tall person isn't fun xD

But we did see Blackpool get thrashed 5-0 so swings and roundabouts really. 

Absolutely hope we twat Accrington all over the place tonight. Their CEO initially refused to allow our lot to collect for our Fans Trust's regeneration fund before a backlash on social media saw them backdown. Great help from a club that have suffered darker times than us. Thought they'd be one of the first to help. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived