talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 3

So a journalist somewhere said that it's no longer about the top 4, or even previously the top 4, but now the top 3. The top 3 being Chelsea, United and City. I'm not sure I buy into it, so far United and City have blown everyone out the water and personally I don't think they'll be caught up, but I think Spurs will give a better account of themselves at Wembley this season than most of us would have given them credit for and I think it'll be largely down to Harry Kane.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Danny said:

You think the Champions League spots are that cut and dry from the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool?

just think in terms of quality the 'traditional' top 4 has now evolved to the teams above. 

They're still the big six though which is what they can cling on to. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

You think the Champions League spots are that cut and dry from the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool?

Yep, I'll be amazed if we finish above any of the clubs mentioned and Arsenal are probably better than us overall whilst being too inconsistent to trouble the others. 

Man City

Man Utd 

Spurs

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Thats how I see it finishing, but it's a toss up between City and United for 1st/2nd and Spurs and Chelsea for 3rd/4th.

We are in a slight rut already, the players seem to lack any confidence, our defence is in a mess and Klopp seems to have lost the plot reminiscent of his final season in charge of Dortmund. No chance we will finish below 6th but no chance we will trouble top 4 either. 

Fucking depressing really. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We are only 7 games in.....

That's true and there isn't much (points wise) between us, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. It's not hard to predict who will finish top 4 though. 

We have a pretty strong midfield and a fantastic attack, but you'll never get anywhere with a defence like ours in a system that puts even more pressure on the defenders.  

Suicidal tactics. 

• Subscriber

Too early to call top 4. Post the Xmas season things will start to get a lot more solid. At the moment City and United might be miles away but lets not forget that they were doing really well last season too and then it all just went downhill. I highly doubt Pep or Jose will allow that kind of accident to repeat itself again but as someone said earlier this is football and everything is unpredictable. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

We are only 7 games in.....

This time last year, pretty sure everyone had us fighting for a 4th spot. 

Football is unpredictable. 

Correct!  ..things will look more like this by the 20 game mark

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Let it be known that United are still second without having to face any team in the top 6 bar a poor Everton. For all we know they could capitulate just like they did last season. 

Yep! they will finish between 7th and 5th at best

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Let it be known that United are still second without having to face any team in the top 6 bar a poor Everton. For all we know they could capitulate just like they did last season. 

After being fucked by both United and City recently I can confirm that - whilst City take longer to start - they definitely fuck harder than United.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I believe it’s a top 3 situation this season without a doubt.

Chelsea

Manchester City

Manchester United

Why write us off again? We’ve proven ourselves to be equal or better to those sides (bar Chelsea) over the past few years. We are just as good as any of them. 

In terms of quality I don't think there's actually that much between the top 6, certainly not enough to call it a top 3. The Manchester clubs are storming ahead at the moment, but United haven't really been tested and City didn't look much (if at all) better than us until John Moss intervened. Chelsea hardly outclassed either of the North London clubs when they played them, and writing off Tottenham seems especially stupid. Are people still obsessing over the relatively small amount of business they did over the summer?

Ultimately, beating shit teams on a consistent basis is what the league's all about, so I think the Manchester clubs will make up the top two, but none of the top six are good enough to be heavy favourites against any of the others when they go head to head.

It's probably now a top three for the title, and then another three-way battle for the biggest and most prized piece of silverware there is in the game, fourth place in the Premier League. 

You'd think that the sides most likely to win the league are United, City and Chelsea and then Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool will fight for the last remaining space in the overly represented Champions League. 

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Why write us off again? We’ve proven ourselves to be equal or better to those sides (bar Chelsea) over the past few years. We are just as good as any of them. 

Simple maths mate...  Spending stupid amounts of money doesn't always guarantee you success as we all know and has been see in the Premier League before.  But there does come a point where the consistent spending of larger amounts of money finally does make a difference and I think this season we're seeing this with the two Manchester clubs and with Chelsea they already had a top quality side but went through strange periods with Mourinho for whatever reason.

I'm not going to talk about Arsenal at all because it's boring, but Liverpool I feel need a hell of a lot of work done to it and even though I love Klopp as a personality and think he's great for the Premier League, I also do have a feeling that there's something missing in his game.  To win, he seems to require his teams to play only one way, and that is 100 MPH, 100% intensity and that means acquiring all the right pieces in the team in terms of players...  Plus, playing that type of football for a whole season and coming out successful seems a bit far fetched for me to be honest, especially playing in three competitions.

As for you guys...  I've given you credit over the past two years but in my view over these past two marvellous league campaigns, you should've built on that squad.  Had you have done this, then I would be putting you up there as much if not more than them because I believe a lot more in Pochettino that Guardiola and Mourinho (or at least I want to believe more in Mauricio).  But you haven't invested in the squad and the others have eventually gone past you guys in my view.  I don't think you're good enough compared to them.

I would have Spurs up there but personally wouldn't have them for winning the league. I don't think they've got it in them to get to 90 points and I think that'll be what it takes to win the league this season.

Just now, Happy Blue said:

You are one of the worse teams we have played so far this season, our defense had nothing to do apart from watch our attack pass it around your half :coffee:

You spoke like that last season, we all know what happened :coffee:

Archived