• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 3

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

xD :rofl:

Look at the depth, take that in for a minute

Ederson - Bravo - Gunn

Walker - Kompany - Stones - Mendy - Danilo - Otamendi - Mangala - Delph

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Silva - Bernardo - Fernandinho - Yaya - Diaz - Foden - Zinchenko

Sterling - Aguero - Sane - Jesus

All shite. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

xD :rofl:

Look at the depth, take that in for a minute

Ederson - Bravo - Gunn

Walker - Kompany - Stones - Mendy - Danilo - Otamendi - Mangala - Delph

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Silva - Bernardo - Fernandinho - Yaya - Diaz - Foden - Zinchenko

Sterling - Aguero - Sane - Jesus

Nope....The is no helping you... You are officially added to my list of board idiots. Enjoy the season & please do not reply to anything I post.  :ay:

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Nope....The is no helping you... You are officially added to my list of board idiots. Enjoy the season & please do not reply to anything I post.  :ay:

100 million sperm and you was the fastest ..fuck me!  ..don't reply to my post :coffee:

28 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

HB still reeling em in 😂. He'll be getting them to check their PMs next......

World class trolls do that. No offence HB

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, The Liquidator said:

Anyone who has nailed their nuts to the top two being the Manchester clubs come the end of the season are hugging foolishness far too tightly.

City started off last season exactly as they have this and there is no evidence this season they have ironed out the problems they find for themselves over the season.

United have not played anyone in the top half and their fans should brace themselves for huge disappointment. While they have improved I would rate them as no better than the 4th best team we have seen this season so far.

The above two clubs must hope Chelsea are not removed from the CL early. The extra fixtures have already hit Chelsea hard once, but they have produced the best performance from the English clubs. Any weakness shown by City over the season I believe will be exploited by Chelsea more than any other club.

I would not rule Tottenham out either. While the Wembley factor could not have come at a worse time, they are a bloody good team.

Cannot tell if this is a fishing post but I'll have a go. Yes I nailed my nuts to the wall. City first, United second and I've seen nothing this season to suggest my prediction will be any different so bring that foolishness my way.

Your argument is flawed from the get go because after 7 games last season to this season, both sides have better records, most notably Man Utd being 6pts better off. Man City, whilst identical points wise, have a better goals scored record as well as a significantly better goals against record, the latter being the most key point.

2016/17

City P7 Pts 18 GF 18 GA 7

United P7 Pts 13 GF 13 GA 8

2017/18

City P7 Pts 19 GF 22 GA 2

United P7 Pts 19 GF 21 GA 2

United haven't played a 'top 6' team yet granted, and we will see what they are made of in the coming weeks with tests against Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. But they can only beat what's in front of them and they have been doing that with more convincing ease than they ever did the past few seasons. And at this point last year, they had only faced one game against a 'Top 6' side in City which they lost. The rest were as good as what they have faced this season.

It is clear to see United are playing with much more freedom this season. Statistically, they are creating more opportunities at goal than they did by a long way last season also, hence another reason why their victories have been so big.

The other big point with City is that their record against the other 'Top 5' was really poor, taking only 10pts from a possible 30. Only 2 wins, one against Arsenal and one against Man Utd were all they could muster. They have already disposed of Liverpool five zip and your beloved Chelsea, the latter without Aguero and quite a dominating performance, so are over half way to beating that feat already.

Obviously both sides have benefitted from strengthening their sides but also from having a second year working together with their respective managers who seem to have found winning forumula's. I'm not really sure how you can't see that as being an improvement. Infact, I think it's quite naïve to suggest otherwise but as I say, there was every chance this could have been a spot of fishing.

I do believe Chelsea have a very good shot of winning the Carabao Cup mind.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I do believe Chelsea have a very good shot of winning the Carabao Cup mind.

Yea, thanks for that... 

I cant see past the two Manchester clubs myself, They are setting the pace already, I think that Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal & Pool will be shuffling around to make up the chasing pack behind. We lack the strength in depth that both of them have and you can lay the blame where you may for that... 

In 2 games we showed just how great we can be ( Atletico ) and then how poor we can be ( City ) and I know some will argue the gap between playing was slightly off compared to City who had an extra day but I don't buy into that. They dominated that game and we were at home and I expected a lot more from us.. The only saving grace for us I suppose was that we kept them down to only one goal but its points on the board that matter and they are both racking them up currently. 

They may stumble or go through a rough patch at some point and they still have each other to play yet but unless their form takes a drastic tumble then I don't see anyone matching them

36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, thanks for that... 

I cant see past the two Manchester clubs myself, They are setting the pace already, I think that Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal & Pool will be shuffling around to make up the chasing pack behind. We lack the strength in depth that both of them have and you can lay the blame where you may for that... 

In 2 games we showed just how great we can be ( Atletico ) and then how poor we can be ( City ) and I know some will argue the gap between playing was slightly off compared to City who had an extra day but I don't buy into that. They dominated that game and we were at home and I expected a lot more from us.. The only saving grace for us I suppose was that we kept them down to only one goal but its points on the board that matter and they are both racking them up currently. 

They may stumble or go through a rough patch at some point and they still have each other to play yet but unless their form takes a drastic tumble then I don't see anyone matching them

I think the most important thing which you've kinda alluded to there is that you can only judge things on what you've seen so far and there is nothing to suggest that both Manchester clubs will fall away. That's not to say they won't, we know that there will be periods both teams struggle and will bring others back into play like Chelsea for example. But equally, you would expect both clubs to see out these periods and continue battling it out at the top.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't find the argument that man utd haven't played any top teams convincing. They have blown teams away which is all they can do

They sit 2nd whilst having to play no one in the top 6? City have already played Liverpool and us. We have already played Arsenal, City, and Spurs and are only 6 points behind?

I await their inevitable, 'bus park, against Liverpool this weekend, but i'd imagine Liverpool will play them out of the park if they try to give them a game. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

They sit 2nd whilst having to play no one in the top 6? City have already played Liverpool and us. We have already played Arsenal, City, and Spurs and are only 6 points behind?

I await their inevitable, 'bus park, against Liverpool this weekend, but i'd imagine Liverpool will play them out of the park if they try to give them a game. 

Last season I’d have agreed with you, but not now. We have gone backwards defensively (as if that was even possible) and United are much stronger in attack. 

Lukaku, Rashford & Co will have a field day against our defence and I can see them giving us a good hiding. 

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Last season I’d have agreed with you, but not now. We have gone backwards defensively (as if that was even possible) and United are much stronger in attack. 

Lukaku, Rashford & Co will have a field day against our defence and I can see them giving us a good hiding. 

Pre-2010 Mourinho maybe, but he will surely go there to not lose. Barcelona 5-0, Chelsea 4-0, and Spurs 5-2 will forever be in the back of his mind. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

this. How cicero gets away with all the anti-united bullshit its unbelievable. man utd will win the game this weekend. 

as for top three, a team that loses two times to wegner's weakest team in years  and one draw in the last few months has no reason to be in the top 3.

man utd, city, and spurs are the clear top three. the rest will be fighting for the remaining CL spots. 

can't really call Chelsea a non-top 4 side when they've won the league twice in the past 3 seasons...

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

They haven’t played anyone in the top half of the table though. You can’t get much more convincing than that :what:

Yeah but they have blown those teams away. They will be judged at the end of the season but fore me they are looking strong 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Cicero said:

If rubbish means two league titles in 3 years, I shred to think what only a league cup in 3 years means :ph34r:

well, you've ripped him apart there.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, The Liquidator said:

Anyone who has nailed their nuts to the top two being the Manchester clubs come the end of the season are hugging foolishness far too tightly.

City started off last season exactly as they have this and there is no evidence this season they have ironed out the problems they find for themselves over the season.

United have not played anyone in the top half and their fans should brace themselves for huge disappointment. While they have improved I would rate them as no better than the 4th best team we have seen this season so far.

The above two clubs must hope Chelsea are not removed from the CL early. The extra fixtures have already hit Chelsea hard once, but they have produced the best performance from the English clubs. Any weakness shown by City over the season I believe will be exploited by Chelsea more than any other club.

I would not rule Tottenham out either. While the Wembley factor could not have come at a worse time, they are a bloody good team.

So City won 7-2 today. Again, no Aguero.

Chelsea lost to a side that previously had zero points and zero goals. Now currently nine points away from City.

There is nothing to suggest that gap will be getting shorter anytime soon, if anything, only bigger. I think you might need to reassess your thoughts.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

Think it's a bit ridiculous for them to rule Spurs out of that when they've come 2nd and 3rd the last two years.

Not really that ridiculous seeing as they never win anything. Man Utd were pretty shit the previous few seasons, doesn't mean they aren't better equipped than Tottenham this season.

Only been 8 games but as of right now, Man City and Man Utd look the only 2 capable of winning the league. Tottenham will probably make up the top 3 (barring an injury to Kane or Eriksen) as they seem the most consistent out of the rest of the big 6 teams.

After that, the final CL spot should be Chelsea's but thankfully they're being as erratic as us and Liverpool.

Archived