talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cuisines

football forum

On 01/05/2019 at 05:29, carefreeluke said:

I had Peruvian food for the first time last weekend, incredible.

Best cuisine in the America's and up there for the world. Yet our tourism board doesn't sell it enough. Everyone who has tried our food has said similar things, but we never appear on lists :( 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cooking up some bacon-wrapped chicken tonight. Already excited xD 

It's lovely but a bit too heavy/greasy for me... 

Got roast whole duck from the local family stall today. They raise their own ducks so it's only available every few weeks; fresh meat roasted to perfection...

• Administrator
6 hours ago, nudge said:

It's lovely but a bit too heavy/greasy for me... 

Got roast whole duck from the local family stall today. They raise their own ducks so it's only available every few weeks; fresh meat roasted to perfection...

Well it wasn't that greasy but it was quite heavy!

Could definitely be improved though as it was first time I'd tried it. 

Considering how well known it is as student/beginners food surprisingly I've just made Bolognese for the first couple of times this month. I didn't use any recipe, just bought a back of mince and added the garlic, onions, carrots, chopped tomatoes and passata in what seemed like good proportions.

It surprisingly worked out extremely well, I got some very good feedback. I've even worked out that grating in the carrots instead of chopping them, and adding a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce takes the whole thing to another level. I also add quite a whack of chilli since I enjoy spicy food. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Considering how well known it is as student/beginners food surprisingly I've just made Bolognese for the first couple of times this month. I didn't use any recipe, just bought a back of mince and added the garlic, onions, carrots, chopped tomatoes and passata in what seemed like good proportions.

It surprisingly worked out extremely well, I got some very good feedback. I've even worked out that grating in the carrots instead of chopping them, and adding a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce takes the whole thing to another level. I also add quite a whack of chilli since I enjoy spicy food. 

No red wine? I've recently added balsamic vinegar to my ever changing recipe...it's goood :)

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

No red wine? I've recently added balsamic vinegar to my ever changing recipe...it's goood :)

I did the first time purely because there was some lying around, but otherwise it's not an ingredient I'm likely to have :D

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Inverted said:

Good man. 

I made spaghetti bolognese a few months back for the first time and had same as you. Got the taste just right (especially spicy for the family). I didn't use Worcestershire sauce but did add some red wine. Amazing how such a small amount of something can make such a big difference to a dish. 

The only minor negative point was too many onions but easily rectified!

This isn't really cuisines because coffee isn't food... but my coworker's just come back from Indonesia and has brought back a bunch of Kopi Luwak coffee for me. I've never had it, but apparently it's very expensive coffee. And I fucking love coffee, so I'm excited to try it out.

*edit* I've just googled it and apparently it's coffee that's been shat out of an animal before xD - not as excited to try it now

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This isn't really cuisines because coffee isn't food... but my coworker's just come back from Indonesia and has brought back a bunch of Kopi Luwak coffee for me. I've never had it, but apparently it's very expensive coffee. And I fucking love coffee, so I'm excited to try it out.

*edit* I've just googled it and apparently it's coffee that's been shat out of an animal before xD - not as excited to try it now

Haha I was reading this and was wondering if I should break the bad news to you but then I saw your edit and it seems you found it out on your own already xD 

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha I was reading this and was wondering if I should break the bad news to you but then I saw your edit and it seems you found it out on your own already xD 

Just in the future, if I ever post about something where it might involve me eating or drinking something that's been shat out of an animal before - please let me know before I actually eat shit.

I've started using my Moka pot more but I'm clueless about buying coffee for it. 

Generally I buy whatever the luxury option is in the supermarket, and it tastes pretty good. I would try something more gourmet but the idea of paying more than a fiver for a bag of coffee is just unthinkable for me. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just in the future, if I ever post about something where it might involve me eating or drinking something that's been shat out of an animal before - please let me know before I actually eat shit.

Now now don't lie. You drank it ... and enjoyed it too. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I've started using my Moka pot more but I'm clueless about buying coffee for it. 

Generally I buy whatever the luxury option is in the supermarket, and it tastes pretty good. I would try something more gourmet but the idea of paying more than a fiver for a bag of coffee is just unthinkable for me. 

Don't know how much a good filter coffee from Tamil Nadu or South India costs out there but I'd imagine they are fairly cheap (could be totally wrong). They work well in Moka pots and are brewed quite well considering we have something similar for our local filter-coffee spots.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm going to try it eventually, but I haven't brought myself to do it yet

I tried something from Indonesia on the same lines. Once you get your head past the fact that it spent its time in another animal's belly to come out you'll start enjoying it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Rather then start a new thread, Jamie Oliver's restaurant group goes up the spout. 

Madness.

Aye.

1105789513_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.659d53667ee710c7474273bb23f90506.png

Jamie Oliver restaurant chain collapse costs 1,000 jobs

_107045658_capture.png

Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver has said he is "devastated" after his restaurant group went into administration, with 1,000 jobs being lost.

The group, which includes the Jamie's Italian chain, Barbecoa and Fifteen, has appointed KPMG as administrators...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48352026

• Subscriber

I mean he comes across as a stuck up smug wanker but has anyone here ever eaten in one of his restaurants? From what I've read it seems that his chain mostly sold overpriced mediocre food anyway.

58 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean he comes across as a stuck up smug wanker but has anyone here ever eaten in one of his restaurants? From what I've read it seems that his chain mostly sold overpriced mediocre food anyway.

I've never eaten at any of his restaurants because I think he's a tosser

• Administrator

He should have thought about his actions a few years ago in taking away all the crap food from kids - should have realised they'd grow up and not eat his shit food either xD.

I don't have much sympathy with him - never heard good things about it. Always seemed to overpromise and under-deliver.

6 hours ago, Azeem said:

@Berserker Can you Argies compete with this ? :93_punch:

That looks delicious!

Probably something like this

Or this would be as delicious

Can't bother to write the names of the cuts in English but, vacio, lomo, bondiola, pechito de cerdo and costillitas de cerdo are all top notch here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived