talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cuisines

football forum

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@José - what part of Mexico is your family from? What's the food like in that part of Mexico? I fucking love authentic Mexican food (the San Diego styled TJ style stuff is pretty close too - at least for Baja California cuisine... but it's never the same as actually going down to TJ and eating there). Mexico City also had incredible fucking food.

3 minutes ago, José said:

Mother is from michoacan and dad from is Guanajuato, both rural states but I was born and raised in Mexico City about 45 minutes away from Club America's stadium, el Azteca. My mother's side has always picky when it comes to food but my father's side is completely the opposite. Our recipe for homemade carnitas is the bomb and all my white and black friends love them. Our cooking reminds me a lot of soul food, not the fried part but the part that they can make ANYTHING taste delicious with the proper seasoning and ingredients. Albondigas (Mexican meatballs/sauce  with white rice is my favourite ) next has to be ceviche with bay scallops or calamari. My aunt's bacalao is the bomb. 

I could go on and on but I'm sure you would love what I usually eat. I introduce a white co worker of mine to tongue, intestines, and brain of beef tacos and he fucking loves them, especially the brain (they are the most expensive tacos around) 

Is Cabeza meat the same as brain meat? I thought it was just meat from the head of the cow. Cabeza and tongue are definitely tasty fucking taco meats... but if brain's different, I haven't had that. Mexican food is so fucking good though.

1 hour ago, José said:

Yeah cabeza/sesos(brain) is the same. They are the bomb. Not only our food is the bomb but our pastries/desserts are too. Tongue is tasty af but it's a bitch to cook, you have to get it done just right or it tastes like shit. A lot of taco trucks are opening up all over here in alabama and that's were u find the majority of traditional food. 

In my experience with Mexican food there’s a lot of little regional differences (and in the 2 regions I was, both differences are very tasty). And then up in the states it’s the same just with the Americanisations. San Diego is very traditional baja style (makes sense considering TJ is literally right fucking there) but a lot of places have added their own SoCal stoner twist. Also burritos, which is really TexMex are popular as fuck here - a San Diego invention is the California burrito, which is a carne asada burrito with cheese... and French fries. But north of San Diego and shit starts getting more generic Mexican food (and the addition of rice and beans to all burritos, which I’m not a fan of - elsewhere in CA they call burritos without rice and beans “San Diego style”. The only other place in America I’ve been that takes Mexican food as seriously as San Diego is Texas, on my two business trips there. Still nothing compares to the real deal.

But having said that, the taco trucks in every American city I’ve ever been usually have great Mexican food. So my ranking system for Mexican food is now:

Actual Mexican Food > San Diego Mexican > TexMex > Food Truck Mexican > LA Mexican > everywhere else.

I hope you get good food trucks out in Alabama!

And now I’m fucking hungry xD

But off topic but food related. You ever go through small phases for a couple of weeks where you're constantly Hungary? Had this last few weeks, craving for something to eat, usually for sugary stuff and generally unhealthy crap lol.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, MUFC said:

But off topic but food related. You ever go through small phases for a couple of weeks where you're constantly Hungary? Had this last few weeks, craving for something to eat, usually for sugary stuff and generally unhealthy crap lol.

Yep. I always have to Czech the fridge or kitchen for a Danish (pastry) but I try to do it with enough time so I'm not Russian around. 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Yep. I always have to Czech the fridge or kitchen for a Danish (pastry) but I try to do it with enough time so I'm not Russian around. 

Haha, are you China  be funny?

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Don't really understand the last three posts. Apparently, there's a joke India somewhere. Iran a thorough check but I couldn't find it. Can someone else help. I Kuwait to know. 

Have you ever thought of a Korea in proofreading? I wouldn't advise it. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have you ever thought of a Korea in proofreading? I wouldn't advise it. 

There’s Norway he’d be good at it. Perhaps a career in maths as I heard he Canada lot of complex things. 

• Administrator

Iowa bit of money to a friend so after I'd sorted that out and when I logged on to my compUtah to see all the new replies, Idahoped to see some improvement in the posts. To both, Jamaica lot of good points, but not enough to satisfy me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the your mental image thread became centered around duck and nudge reminded how delicious duck is. 

Lamb is my favorite meat, don't like beef but don't mind eating it, chicken bored of it but not really bored of it.

I've eaten duck few times, partridge, camel and yak meat.

• Subscriber

Love duck and beef; usually eat chicken though. Also love fish and other seafood.

Not a fan of pork (too fat for my liking) but like a good pork schnitzel from time to time. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just had two slices of grilled Naan bread with cream cheese and avacados mixed with a couple eggs. 560 calories total. 

Breakfast of champions. 

Avocado and cream cheese :x  could with mouth the eggs and replace it with black forest ham or conecuh sausage B| 

I had milk kefirs or bulgaros with fresh blueberries, local raw honey, and granola as my breakfast of champions today. 

Archived