talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cuisines

football forum

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Both look good, Lomo Saltado especially, so I'll try that for sure! We'll see if there are any other options once I'm there. Cheers. Any alcoholic drinks that are a must? I see that restaurant has a lot of Pisco cocktails.

If you're a soft drink fan give Inca Cola a go. I've also had Cristal. Which is a decent Peruvian beer.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Anton said:

If you're a soft drink fan give Inca Cola a go. I've also had Cristal. Which is a decent Peruvian beer.

No, not a fan of soft drinks at all :) would love to try Peruvian beer, but I doubt there's any chance of finding it here haha!

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Both look good, Lomo Saltado especially, so I'll try that for sure! We'll see if there are any other options once I'm there. Cheers. Any alcoholic drinks that are a must? I see that restaurant has a lot of Pisco cocktails.

I'm not much of a drinker to be honest, but the most popular here are Pisco drinks as well as Cusqueña.

47 minutes ago, Anton said:

Inca Kola on the other hand, is the life. Anyone that has me on FB or Instagram already knows this.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, TrstnFCB said:

I can appreciate most cooking personally. My least favourite though is probably Japanese, or at least sushi/sashimi (have had other Japanese food that I've liked though). Anything that so much as touches seaweed makes me want to vomit. Also not that big a fan of Italian food, though I'll certainly eat it.

Favourites are probably, German, Thai, Greek, Ukrainian/Russian and Indian.

Out of interest, what are your favourites of Ukrainian/Russian cuisine? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

looks good but a bit dry! Any sauce to go with it?

There was a sauce as part of the recipe but I was missing one of the ingredients, so I just went without it xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Had a brilliant rare steak with mushroom peppercorn sauce and mashed potatoes yesterday. Just confirmed that my favourite cuisine is steak xD 

I do like a nice bit of Steak it has to be said.. a rare treat in our house though, never had it with Mashed Potato? cant get them two things to go together in my mind.. Big Chunky Chips is the order of the day with Fried Tomato and a Giant Mushroom.. yum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I do like a nice bit of Steak it has to be said.. a rare treat in our house though, never had it with Mashed Potato? cant get them two things to go together in my mind.. Big Chunky Chips is the order of the day with Fried Tomato and a Giant Mushroom.. yum

I don't really care about the sauce and sides when it comes to steak, to be fair! The first time I had it with mashed potato too, it was the chef's choice though, I'd have prefered it with chips or roast potato as well and would have ditched the sauce altogether xD But the meat was lovely and it was perfectly rare, really enjoyed it.

On 23/10/2017 at 10:02 AM, RandoEFC said:

I opened this thread hoping to see an advert for a new kitchen. That guy was one of the best members on TFF. Does anyone have him on Facebook? Should drop him a message.

Oh man, his deals were out of sight! If only we hadn't hit a sticking point when it came to shipping costs to AU of be the proud owner of a house full of kitchens...

Just going to leave this here,  but there are different kinds of Indian cuisines. 

Punjabi,  Bengali,  Malwini, Gujarati,  Kashmiri,  Hyderabadi,...

I could go on and on.  There are major differences in the way spices are used, and the presence of coconut, butter,  rice,  etc,  depending on the cuisine. 

19 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just going to leave this here,  but there are different kinds of Indian cuisines. 

Punjabi,  Bengali,  Malwini, Gujarati,  Kashmiri,  Hyderabadi,...

I could go on and on.  There are major differences in the way spices are used, and the presence of coconut, butter,  rice,  etc,  depending on the cuisine. 

Absolutely. I learned a lot about Indian Cuisine from my Indian friend and when I went to different areas of your fascinating country. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

going to make spaghetti bolognese this Friday night. 

Any tips on recipe or ingredients to add? Will be using lamb, not beef.

I’d suggest you do what the Italians I know do and ditch the bolegnese, and instead make spaghetti and meatballs in Napoli sauce....

Two bottles Passata, 2 tins of whole peeled tomatoes, Garlic paste, Onion, nutmeg, salt, Fresh Basil leaves, a splash of red wine, Cuts of Fatty pork and Veal Oslo Bucco to cook the meat flavour into the sauce. Cook covered on low heat for 2 hours. Start with pan frying the onion and garlic. 

500g pork mince and beef mince, finely chopped onion, parsley and salt. Make into meatballs. Lightly pan fry then transfer into the sauce pot to cook with the pasta sauce.

Bellisimo! 

If you’re gonna play it safe and stick with the bolegnese I’d suggest a variation of the above with grated carrot and zucchini blended in.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d suggest you do what Italians I know do and ditch the bolegnese, and instead make spaghetti and meatballs in Napoli sauce....

Two bottles Passata, 2 tins of whole peeled tomatoes, Garlic paste, Onion, nutmeg, salt, Fresh Basil leaves, a splash of red wine, Cuts of Fatty pork and Veal Oslo Bucco to cook the meat flavour into the sauce. Cook covered on low heat for 2 hours. Start with pan frying the onion and garlic. 

500g pork mince and beef mince, finely chopped onion, parsley and salt. Make into meatballs. Lightly pan fry then transfer into the sauce pot to cook with the pasta sauce.

Bellisimo! 

If you’re gonna play it safe and stick with the bolegnese I’d suggest a variation of the above with grated carrot and zucchini blended in.

Pretty sure they don't eat spaghetti and meatballs in Italy. xD Are these Italians you know from Italy or from America/Australia?

16 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Pretty sure they don't eat spaghetti and meatballs in Italy. xD Are these Italians you know from Italy or from America/Australia?

An 80 year old Nonna - 1st generation immigrants with her husband in Australia from Abruzzo. Believe me, her credentials check out.

Archived