• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

I think I'm addicted to Samosas. 

I fucking love samosas.

Only home-made ones. Anything in restaurants or frozen, ready-made just isn't the same.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

I fucking love samosas.

Only home-made ones. Anything in restaurants or frozen, ready-made just isn't the same.

I got mine from a small Nepali family diner yesterday; made from scratch so I want to believe it's as close to home-made as it gets :D 

15 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Mum is from Pakistan, she cam to England when she was 11, apart from Pakistani/Indian food. she can also cook dishes from other nations, Thai, Mexican and English dishes.

Does that makes you officially the second favorite Pakistani on this forum ?

Just now, Azeem said:

Just now, Azeem said:

Am new, its a marathon not a sprint lol.

• Subscriber
Just now, Azeem said:

Samoas here are more of a local fast food so i'm used to eating them as a street food.

Also Samosas here are pretty big than India or other parts. Even one can fill you up. 

The ones I got are also ridiculously huge! Bought 4 for 3$ yesterday and just ate the last one xD 

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Samoas here are more of a local fast food so i'm used to eating them as a street food.

Also Samosas here are pretty big than India or other parts. Even one can fill you up. 

Lightweight lol

• Administrator

The samosas I'm on about are a smaller and more triangular... 

moong-dal-samosa-new.jpg

I'm not a fan of the more bulbous fatter ones as they're messier to eat and just more filling. I feel less guilty eating more of the smaller ones xD

Plus samosas like the above can be like pizzas on the morning after. Can eat them cold and still have similar satisfaction levels. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

The samosas I'm on about are a smaller and more triangular... 

moong-dal-samosa-new.jpg

I'm not a fan of the more bulbous fatter ones as they're messier to eat and just more filling. I feel less guilty eating more of the smaller ones xD

Plus samosas like the above can be like pizzas on the morning after. Can eat them cold and still have similar satisfaction levels. 

Loads of people love the bigger ones, but they ain't the way they are suppose to be made. The bigger ones tend be bare, as they ain't full of ingredients and tend to be more pastry. The ones you posted are ideal size, they are suppose to be compact and have a crispy feel when bitten.

• Subscriber

Some samosa connoisseurs in here. I like the smaller samosas too but nothing like a freshly made samosa and something hot to drink with it on a cold day. Also, the dirtier the establishment, the better the samosa. 

Over here Kerala has a fantastic onion-style samosa that they sell. It's hard to explain the size because its between the small and the very large (almost round) ones but those are the ones I like the most. The only problem is that they are filled with so much oil that if you put them away and try to eat one the next day you're eating cakes of Dalda (cooking oil) instead of flour and onion.

Vada Pav>>Samosas for me. 

Not that I hate Samosas, but I can easily eat 10 vada pavs in one sitting, but too many samosas can make me a bit queasy because they tend to retain more oil, a point that @Mel81x has made. 

People here who like Samosas should give Bhakarwadis a try. Different food but they will most probably like it. Hard crust and spicy insides. They are great with tea. I dunk bhakarwadis in tea like biscuits. 

@Stan

Smaller ones are good for binge eating, and you can lose track of how many you have eaten. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

People here who like Samosas should give Bhakarwadis a try. Different food but they will most probably like it. Hard crust and spicy insides. They are great with tea. I dunk bhakarwadis in tea like biscuits. 

Good shout on the Bhakarwadis they are very tasty and definitely a good tea-time snack. If anyone is wondering this is what they look like.

bhakarwadi-recipe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The greatest cuisine American has ever made, hands down the Philly cheese-steak. Phenomenal. 

philly-cheesesteak-ck-x.jpg?itok=KysoGLq

Unrelated but I recently tried Mac & Cheese for the first time in my life and loved it :$

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Unrelated but I recently tried Mac & Cheese for the first time in my life and loved it :$

So simple yet so perfect!

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

So simple yet so perfect!

Yes, never thought it is that good... My Canadian neighbours prepared it for us when they learned that we never had it before xD They put some cubed tomatoes and ground beef in there as well; very nice.

Archived