talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Under 17s World Cup

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Will try to watch Germany's matches. Some promising talents there, especially Plogmann, Arp, Mai and Abouchabaka. The rest of the squad is not that convincing, and I think we will probably get eliminated in early knockout stages.

I will also keep an eye on the US team, as their key player Sargent is joining us next year once he turns 18. Apparently a big talent, I'm keen to see him in action!

We were too scared to go forward in the beginning but grew into the game slowly. I can understand why the manager opted those tactics but should have started a little more positive but im not complaining. We were decent even though the scoreline says 0-3 against us. We had good chances and plenty of ball (especially in the second half) but we are not quite up there with the elite teams. Our team needs to work on final third as we were very awful there. Anwar Ali unlucky to hit the post, that goal could have swung the match a little towards us as the score would have been 1-2 and instead the US countered and made it 0-3 the very next instant. 

Dont think we will win any matches in this group against Colombia or Ghana but I only wish we improve every match. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Asura said:

We were too scared to go forward in the beginning but grew into the game slowly. I can understand why the manager opted those tactics but should have started a little more positive but im not complaining. We were decent even though the scoreline says 0-3 against us. We had good chances and plenty of ball (especially in the second half) but we are not quite up there with the elite teams. Our team needs to work on final third as we were very awful there. Anwar Ali unlucky to hit the post, that goal could have swung the match a little towards us as the score would have been 1-2 and instead the US countered and made it 0-3 the very next instant. 

Dont think we will win any matches in this group against Colombia or Ghana but I only wish we improve every match. 

I feel the same really. The penalty was a bit harsh but you can't really argue that he was a little impeded. As for the way the team played, I think they were good and like you said our ability to do better in the final third was really our undoing. Hopefully we get better as the tournament goes on because I don't think Columbia will give us any room to operate even though they lost to Ghana. If the coach can somehow find a way to get our midfield to operate a bit better I think we'd stand a better chance against any other team because when they got the ball they seemed a bit devoid of ideas on where to pass it and would simply push the ball into open spaces to let someone run onto it. I also want to give a shout out to our U-17 GK, he was very good yesterday.

• Subscriber

I heard we did well too couldn't watch the match as I was at work. Pleased to see that we got a goal in. Not so happy that we conceded 1 min later but I'll take that as a learning experience. 

Now onto Ghana and hopefully our progression continues.

Missed the match against Colombia as I woke up really late today. Saw the 2 min highlights they posted on the official site and looks like we hit the post one more time today. I felt our keeper could have done better to stop both Colombian goals. Cant comment on the rest of the match though

• Administrator

England vs Mexico is on Eurosport 2 from 12.30pm. Jadon Sancho of Dortmund and Man City's Phil Foden start. 

France vs Japan starts at the same time. France won 7-1 in their first game; Japan 6-1. So expect a 0-0 xD 

• Administrator

Sancho running things on the left flank, works his way from wide in to the box to pass it to Foden and the Man City winger finishes nicely with his left. 2-0 England. 

• Administrator

England were in control with a 3-0 lead. Now a bit more interesting as Mexico have found a little belief and pulled it back to 3-2. Could be a nervous and tense finish for the final 20.

England into the quarter final against USA I think. Starting to expect it now with England youth. Really hope this generation of players coming through don't get wasted

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

England into the quarter final against USA I think. Starting to expect it now with England youth. Really hope this generation of players coming through don't get wasted

Rhian Brewster looks a decent prospect as a striker. Movement and pace are his good qualities. Composure and finishing will improve with time in general and time playing you'd think. 

Phil Foden looks class as well. Man City have a real talent there. Not sure if @Happy Blue knows more about him or has seen him play more. I think he's been on the bench a few times but he looks a really handy midfielder.

The other hot prospect is more popular than the rest - Jadon Sancho. Was setting the tournament alight but then has been recalled by Dortmund already mid way through the tournament which is a shame for England. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Rhian Brewster looks a decent prospect as a striker. Movement and pace are his good qualities. Composure and finishing will improve with time in general and time playing you'd think. 

Phil Foden looks class as well. Man City have a real talent there. Not sure if @Happy Blue knows more about him or has seen him play more. I think he's been on the bench a few times but he looks a really handy midfielder.

The other hot prospect is more popular than the rest - Jadon Sancho. Was setting the tournament alight but then has been recalled by Dortmund already mid way through the tournament which is a shame for England. 

Not seen too much of him bar maybe 5 or academy games that have been on tv and the pre season tour of the USA, he's stood out in every youth game i've seen and a few good games on the tour  ..id rate him the same as Patrick Roberts at the moment

Lets call it er.. supplements

Pool wouldn't do themselves any harm getting that Brewster in their first 11.. they might be leaking goals but with him up front they might at least be able to get some draws... 

He should have stayed with us really...  Liverpool are only destined for mid table obscurity under Klopp.. 

Fair play to England here for their 3rd youth final this year. There is serious work in the youths and now its up to the clubs to not screw it up. Especially against Brazil. To knock out Brazil in a tournament, it usually takes something special.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Fair play to England here for their 3rd youth final this year. There is serious work in the youths and now its up to the clubs to not screw it up. Especially against Brazil. To knock out Brazil in a tournament, it usually takes something special.

4th actually mate. 

Archived