talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A Matchday 8

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonucci has been exposed. He can't defend nor organise a defence at all! Turns out all this time he was just a playmaker between the two real defenders; Barzagli and Chielini. I wished I had saw it earlier, in retrospect it is so obvious. I suppose we were all blinded by the magnificence of that defensive line-up.

May I eat my words in the future because at the moment, the world of football has lost a real gem.

• Administrator

in the same position as Spike there, to be honest. Chiellini and Barzagli,  not only defenders who could do their own job but also paper over the cracks of Bonucci's shortcomings. 

Τhat was the best weekend I had from the beginning of the season. From all the fixtures among all the championships around the world, this season, this had to be the best. I enjoyed every single match I watched on Saturday and Sunday. I'm happy that I follow Serie A and not any other gay ass championship like Premier. people on the on the island have forgotten how good derbies should be. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dalmore said:

Τhat was the best weekend I had from the beginning of the season. From all the fixtures among all the championships around the world, this season, this had to be the best. I enjoyed every single match I watched on Saturday and Sunday. I'm happy that I follow Serie A and not any other gay ass championship like Premier. people on the on the island have forgotten how good derbies should be. 

I was gonna give you +1 then read the last part of the post xD 

I'm telling the truth though. Did you see "the big derby of the Island" Liverpool FC VS Manchester United. 0-0

INTER VS MILAN 3-2

And all the derbies of Serie A are always like this. They never end goaless because they are real derbies.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

I'm telling the truth though. Did you see "the big derby of the Island" Liverpool FC VS Manchester United. 0-0

INTER VS MILAN 3-2

And all the derbies of Serie A are always like this. They never end goaless because they are real derbies.

no i didn't but that's not to say all derbies over here are bad. Spurs vs Chelsea in recent times have been entertaining, as is Spurs vs West Ham on most occasions. Arsenal vs Spurs as well usually. I just didn't like the fact you said we've forgotten how good derbies can be as if British derbies are the only ones that exist when we 100% know that isn't the case. 

Also, there was a goalless Milan derby in 2015. 

4 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

INTER VS MILAN 3-2

Some would say that this is down to crap defending! :ph34r:

I agree...  It was a great game and you can see that slowly slowly Italian football is regaining its presence.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

no i didn't but that's not to say all derbies over here are bad. Spurs vs Chelsea in recent times have been entertaining, as is Spurs vs West Ham on most occasions. Arsenal vs Spurs as well usually. I just didn't like the fact you said we've forgotten how good derbies can be as if British derbies are the only ones that exist when we 100% know that isn't the case. 

I will agree that English derbies have lost their touch though.  They're not even close to what they once were in terms of atmosphere and the overall day's experience.  Arsenal v Spurs is rubbish these days and If I'd said that this would be the case 15 to 20 years back, they'd think I was mental.  Man Utd v  Liverpool seems just like any other game these days.

Look at River v Boca...  Where does it fall in with that?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

THAT was the only goaless derby della Madonina I can think of. all the others have ended 3-2 or 2-2 or outcomes like that!

but yeah I know you have some interesting games in England as well but I see nothing to be jealous of B|

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Some would say that this is down to crap defending! :ph34r:

I agree...  It was a great game and you can see that slowly slowly Italian football is regaining its presence.

I know you've ninja faced it but it's true. Whenever you got 5-3s between Arsenal and Spurs or Arsenal and Chelsea or 3-2 and 6-1 between City and United you just get "this isn't exciting football, it just goes to show that defending in the Premier League is crap and that's why our teams don't perform in Europe". Now you get one 0-0 draw between Liverpool and United and apparently all English derbies are boring.

46 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I know you've ninja faced it but it's true. Whenever you got 5-3s between Arsenal and Spurs or Arsenal and Chelsea or 3-2 and 6-1 between City and United you just get "this isn't exciting football, it just goes to show that defending in the Premier League is crap and that's why our teams don't perform in Europe". Now you get one 0-0 draw between Liverpool and United and apparently all English derbies are boring.

Many derbies end in stalemates... But it’s all about how they come to this result. The Liverpool v Man Utd game was boring and it has been for a while for me. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived