talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harvey Weinstein & the Great Hollywood sex scandal

football forum

Going to rumble on this worse than Yewtree, Weinstein is just the start. 

Anybody that’s had a passing interest in Hollywood will know there’s been allegations of sex parties and abuse of minors for years but I think we might be approaching a day in which it all comes out. Weinstein is a big scalp and the case will implicate others

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/7/2017 at 5:37 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

Anybody that’s had a passing interest in Hollywood will know there’s been allegations of sex parties and abuse of minors for years but I think we might be approaching a day in which it all comes out. Weinstein is a big scalp and the case will implicate others

a good read --  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

sexual harassment is very common in that kind of industry.    nothing really shocking about it.

in terms of sexual harassment, they should enforce tougher laws on pedophile priest and the "miracles" that happens within the church.

• Subscriber
On 10/7/2017 at 3:07 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

You're right. This is going to empower others to stand up and tell their stories as well. I don't get why people would be shocked here as this has been around for a very long time now but Weinstein getting called out is a rather big shout and others will be watching to see how this unfolds now.

His apology to the whole thing was so disgusting.  Look at me,  I am sorry,  i have set up a  team who will coach me to be a better human and look NRA bad bad. 

I mean yeah NRA are the scum of the world,  but God man,  that apology letter was obviously not written by him and he wasn't really sorry,  and neither will he suffer the consequences. 

In time,  he will be accepted by his peers.  It's equally amusing seeing actors and actress being shocked about the revelations. There have been eight settlements with eight different women before this came out.  Surely it was known amongst everyone in Hollywood.  I can understand them keeping quiet out of fear,  because he was immensely powerful. 

On 08/10/2017 at 6:53 PM, Mel81x said:

You're right. This is going to empower others to stand up and tell their stories as well. I don't get why people would be shocked here as this has been around for a very long time now but Weinstein getting called out is a rather big shout and others will be watching to see how this unfolds now.

pouting-trump.jpg

Matt Damon and Russell Crown come out of it looking like absolute morons.  Props to Emma Thompson,  though for standing up to him. 

Asia Argento case seems strange though.  I mean I understand being too scared to resist or defend back during an assault,  but then she goes on and has a physical relationship with him afterwards for weeks. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Matt Damon and Russell Crown come out of it looking like absolute morons.  Props to Emma Thompson,  though for standing up to him. 

Asia Argento case seems strange though.  I mean I understand being too scared to resist or defend back during an assault,  but then she goes on and has a physical relationship with him afterwards for weeks. 

what have they said? did they sleep with him too?!

This Weinstein story came up on John Oliver last night with Oliver smashing his excuse of coming through the business in the 60's and 70's.... "it was a different time. A different era. Thats just the way things worked in the industry back then".

Made me realise I'm starting to hate the leftie SJW persona more and more. Sanctimonious, smug pr1cks judging Everyone by today's standards. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

This Weinstein story came up on John Oliver last night with Oliver smashing his excuse of coming through the business in the 60's and 70's.... "it was a different time. A different era. Thats just the way things worked in the industry back then".

Made me realise I'm starting to hate the leftie SJW persona more and more. Sanctimonious, smug pr1cks judging Everyone by today's standards. 

Trying to use that as an excuse to defend reprehensible behaviour is just as poor as it gets.. I think the nature of that Industry has always been the same, people in power abusing it as always as they see fit while others in different positions of power turning a blind eye to it all.. 

It doesn't take much to look in the mirror each morning and say to yourself.. Lets try not being a Cunt to anyone today

That might be a start

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Trying to use that as an excuse to defend reprehensible behaviour is just as poor as it gets.. I think the nature of that Industry has always been the same, people in power abusing it as always as they see fit while others in different positions of power turning a blind eye to it all.. 

It doesn't take much to look in the mirror each morning and say to yourself.. Lets try not being a Cunt to anyone today

That might be a start

More honest excuse:  "our president likes to grab women by the pussy and so do i... ". :ph34r:

I mean it's been a stereotype about Hollywood since the 20s... I'm not surprised Weinstein is a sexual predator and I'm sure he's not the only Hollywood mogal that's guilty of this.

It's obviously outrageous and hopefully the public outcry is a sign that the culture in Hollywood will change soon.

By the same token, I don't see this as the massive news story media coverage is getting. Sexual abuse is obviously wrong, and it's interesting that this involves celebrities... but there's more important stories that are more deserving of our attention.

There are a few women now accusing him of rape rather than sexual harassment or sexual assault which takes this up a notch (I can't be the only one annoyed at how the press report it all as being the same thing and then pretending they actually want to report things factually).

Rose McGowan being a bit psycho/stupid is making all of this harder to follow.

I find it glorious watching these pompous virtual signalling cocksuckers squirm at every opportunity. Ben Affleck is a great example he’ll happily pontificate about society and politics with an air of anyone not on the same page as me is evil about him, yet he’s a friend & protege of a rapist and he’s also been a bit naughty himself. This is fabulous for Trump puts all those attacking his grab her by the pussy line massively on the back foot.

7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I find it glorious watching these pompous virtual signalling cocksuckers squirm at every opportunity. Ben Affleck is a great example he’ll happily pontificate about society and politics with an air of anyone not on the same page as me is evil about him, yet he’s a friend & protege of a rapist and he’s also been a bit naughty himself. This is fabulous for Trump puts all those attacking his grab her by the pussy line massively on the back foot.

I think if you're not morally repulsed by both sex pests, there's something wrong with you.

It's the height of hypocrisy to not give a fuck about Trump being a sex abuser but getting rabidly overjoyed that some people on the left (who are in entertainment, not politics mind you) are also sex abusers.

All rapists belong in prison (or worse tbh) - doesn't matter what their political leanings are.

Using sex abuse as political point scoring seems pretty low, and downright strange when these people aren't politicians.

Not surprising, absolute scum and I hope more are reeled off as a result of this. Hopefully women and the few men involved in this can work to a point this is publicly exposed off.

Its a shame what being in a powerful position and being male can do for you when you are an absolute cunt.

Archived