talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harvey Weinstein & the Great Hollywood sex scandal

football forum

16 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

He showed his lack of skill as a stand up comedian and absolutely bombed. When his first joke didn't really work his playing with the audience about their reaction was too weak for him to go into the 2nd and 3rd joke, but he did anyway. His point about if you're offended you should leave is true in a comedy store, but presenting awards? There are boundaries there.

I think the thing has become "brutal" comedy since Gervais done it. The difference is that Corden isn't really that funny himself, good enough at writing comedies, doing chatshows etc but he's never been the funniest person in what he does, but is good at enabling others to be funny around each other.

I think the biggest thing is that Weinstein is so easy at the moment, you'd get a laugh if the joke is truly funny but it being so easy to joke about takes away from it. It's like Trump, there's some good stuff from comedians on him but at the same time some just bore you because it's so easy for them to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the game you play with brutal jokes: you either have the talent to pull it off or you get blowback. 

It also really doesn't help that Corden has been pally with Weinstein in the past and now he's trying to sweep it away by joking about it rather than being humble and regretful.

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

as if there's a difference

To be honest with the rumours of Hollywood and twink parties you’re not going to be far wrong at least with Hollywood & the media. It’s almost like molestation of a minor is acceptable when it’s not heterosexual 

9966D3F1-CBB6-439B-8A02-D2B130988EA6.jpeg

On 10/15/2017 at 10:11 PM, Burning Gold said:

A friend who's a budding actor casually told me that Dominic Cooper got his break by fellating Kevin Spacey. It's "just what happens".

Told you.

What a ghastly human being though. Gets called out for sexual harassment so decides to take the entire gay community down with him xD

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Oh the timing of that film is so bad now. 

They’ve paused house of cards season 6 I think that will be it to be honest 

I don't think they can go on with House of Cards in any case, not just for this scandal, but it's good that he's getting shite for being a child molester. His response was laughable - no denial and a really shitty "but I was drunk and I'm gay" excuse.

Dustin Hoffman publicly apologised today for what he did. Don’t know how far that goes but we’re talking about eras and how people were in some cases here like his. It is no defence but you kind of get the moronic ignorance in it all for some in certain cases. 

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Dustin Hoffman publicly apologised today for what he did. Don’t know how far that goes but we’re talking about eras and how people were in some cases here like his. It is no defence but you kind of get the moronic ignorance in it all for some in certain cases. 

Its good that the industry is going to be cleaned up because of this, but this is a business that’s known to be dirty, and everyone has generally known going in that its been this way. I strongly support it being cleaned up and modernised but (outside of pedophilia) I’m not going to get retrospectively outraged that some sleazy producer was seeking BJs in the 80s in exchange for roles. 

Lynch mob mentality prevails though so in all likelihood Hoffman will never work again.

This scandal has been a boon for SJWs and to be honest I’m starting to feel more strongly opposed to the lynch mob movement than I am by the subjects of the scandal.... Am I turning right wing? O.o.

Once the lecherous, exploitative behaviour has been rooted out we can move onto helping the actors and actresses complaining that they can’t get lead roles in films because they’re too ugly. Then when we’ve sold that problem we can all just stop watching movies altogether.

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Am I turning right wing? 

No you’re not being any wing with that. It goes beyond political ideology and is much more important. You’re being balanced from the position you find yourself in as do most of us find ourselves in the same place which is to digest the information given to us and associate it with life’s changes sociologically. 

Archived