• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands National Team Discussion

football forum

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another mystery that has never been explained to me. The Dutch national team has only qualified for 10 world cups, but there have been 21 of them.

This mystery of course pertains to their inconsistency throughout the World Cup era. They are and always will be a world power in football. They have had some of the best teams and players the beautifull game has ever had.

But, they did not qualify for 11 of these tournaments. When they are hot, they are hot! They have been to three World Cup Finals, and are one of the most feared teams to contend with in the knockout stages, because they have been in the semi finals a few times as well. But when they are not hot, they fail to qualify. It seems they should have more than one EURO title as well.

Now, from my point of view here in the United States, I do not know much about this teams history or training methods, because here in the states only three teams matter: the USA of course. And Brazil and Germany are usually the favorites to win the tournament every single time!

Now I could not find a thread about this team specifically, so I posted this in this général catégory. I would love to hear from anyone who would like to continue this discussion.

11 minutes ago, Michael Varn said:

Here is another mystery that has never been explained to me. The Dutch national team has only qualified for 10 world cups, but there have been 21 of them.

This mystery of course pertains to their inconsistency throughout the World Cup era. They are and always will be a world power in football. They have had some of the best teams and players the beautifull game has ever had.

But, they did not qualify for 11 of these tournaments. When they are hot, they are hot! They have been to three World Cup Finals, and are one of the most feared teams to contend with in the knockout stages, because they have been in the semi finals a few times as well. But when they are not hot, they fail to qualify. It seems they should have more than one EURO title as well.

Now, from my point of view here in the United States, I do not know much about this teams history or training methods, because here in the states only three teams matter: the USA of course. And Brazil and Germany are usually the favorites to win the tournament every single time!

Now I could not find a thread about this team specifically, so I posted this in this général catégory. I would love to hear from anyone who would like to continue this discussion.

Welcome. 

Where in the states are you from? 

What team (if any) do you follow? 

I am from Charleston, South Carolina. I played all of my youth select and high school soccer throughout the 1980's for Charlestown S.C. and Bishop England high school.

As for the teams I and most others here in the states follow is of course team USA. Brazil and Germany are fan favorites here also because they are always the favorites to win the World Cup/Euros/Copa America.

Now soccer fandum here in the states is not Black and White, because we have alot of youngsters here who idolize players like Ronaldo and Messi for exemple, but when their national teams play team USA, it's hard to pick a side to root for.

This is because top club level soccer is much bigger on TV here than it used to be. But club level soccer does not have my undivided attention like major international tournaments do. But, I do watch the knoclout stages of the Champions league though. But in général, the most popular teams from the four major pro leagues, EPL, Bundesleague, La Liga, and Seri A are interseting to watch from time to time.

58 minutes ago, Michael Varn said:

I am from Charleston, South Carolina. I played all of my youth select and high school soccer throughout the 1980's for Charlestown S.C. and Bishop England high school.

As for the teams I and most others here in the states follow is of course team USA. Brazil and Germany are fan favorites here also because they are always the favorites to win the World Cup/Euros/Copa America.

Now soccer fandum here in the states is not Black and White, because we have alot of youngsters here who idolize players like Ronaldo and Messi for exemple, but when their national teams play team USA, it's hard to pick a side to root for.

This is because top club level soccer is much bigger on TV here than it used to be. But club level soccer does not have my undivided attention like major international tournaments do. But, I do watch the knoclout stages of the Champions league though. But in général, the most popular teams from the four major pro leagues, EPL, Bundesleague, La Liga, and Seri A are interseting to watch from time to time.

Beautiful area that! My father-in-law actually played college soccer at CoC so I'm very familiar with the area. I'm in Atlanta so we aren't too far away from one another. 

I just got into the MLS myself when Atlanta got a team, and before that my wife and I were ST holders of Atlanta Silverbacks, who have sense gone under with United's MLS presence. 

• 4 weeks later...

Christ...

How long can he survive on his name instead of his actual accomplishments? So yeah, he won at Ajax...congrats. He screwed Inter, and ruined a great Atlanta United squad. 

What a shit appointment. 

• Administrator

That's very underwhelming considering his record at Palace and Atlanta...

Hope it works out for him but more so for the decent youngsters they have that deserve to succeed at national level.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's very underwhelming considering his record at Palace and Atalanta...

Hope it works out for him but more so for the decent youngsters they have that deserve to succeed at national level.

I don't remember him at Atalanta? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

FFS. Got auto-correctitis from you.

....how does Atlanta, a major city with the world's largest airport, home to Coca Cola, Home Depot get autocorrected to a Italian football team that just become really relevant a few years ago.?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

....how does Atlanta, a major city with the world's largest airport, home to Coca Cola, Home Depot get autocorrected to a Italian football team that just become really relevant a few years ago.?

AeHl-ez6CJPUSaMRgdZ_T62gjbGXftjaLxMtDU4o

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2020 at 21:00, Michael Varn said:

The Netherlands have only been a professional FA since 1968.   So that is the reason why.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived