talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donations

football forum

When I signed up for JustGiving I didn't realise that it would only give you the cash after the minimum 30 days they allow you, so everything paid so far has been out of my pocket to get things up and running.

I've been looking into alternative ways for people to donate as having to wait for the money isn't ideal going forward. IPB has a donations plugin that looks pretty good so I'll probably get that.

13 minutes ago, Cure said:

Good going Rab. Without you I honestly can't see how this could have gone through so smoothly and so well. Credit where credit's due.

:hh:

Thanks, it's not that hard. Chazz is just an incompetent pleb.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 08/03/2017 at 9:03 PM, Rab said:

the forum still requires some donations to keep things running. These costs are mainly for the license and hosting although there are plans to advertise the forum via Facebook and Google which will allow us to attract new members easily in the short term.

If you have would like to contribute financially to the forum, we have a donation link currently set up via JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tff2

Money sent to stylebycode@gmail.com  via the home page, only just seen this thread with the new hello@talkfootball365.com paypal

Hang on, this is an old thread xD  ..is the link on the home page correct then to send donations to stylebycode@gmail.com?

Edited by Happy Blue

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Money sent to stylebycode@gmail.com  via the home page, only just seen this thread with the new hello@talkfootball365.com paypal

Hang on, this is an old thread xD  ..is the link on the home page correct then to send donations to stylebycode@gmail.com?

Apologies for the confusion.

Both emails go to the same account. stylebycode was the first email on the account so I guess when you set up a merchant button it uses that email.

11 minutes ago, Rab said:

Apologies for the confusion.

Both emails go to the same account. stylebycode was the first email on the account so I guess when you set up a merchant button it uses that email.

No worry's Rab, if it's gone to the right place it's all good

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I understand after Christmas is a rough time financially although if anyone has any spare cash they'd like to contribute to the running costs of the forum, it'd be greatly appreciated.

We're currently sitting at £225 of the £500 it now costs to keep the forum running for the full year. The forum's activity is on the up recently and with new members joining more frequently, hopefully it won't be too long before the forum generates enough through ads to keep itself running without the donations. We're sitting on page 1 of Google for terms like "football forum" so it's looking good for the future.

If you're able, the PayPal account for the forum is hello@talkfootball365.com

Cheers,

Rab.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Guys and gals, if we can raise £137.50 in donations, I’ll match it to keep us in action for the rest of the year. 

This reminds me of those times as a kid when the bank or a local business would match whatever the school fun day raised for charity 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This reminds me of those times as a kid when the bank or a local business would match whatever the school fun day raised for charity 

Yeah but they do that for tax break purposes. I can’t claim tax or VAT on donations

• The topic was unpinned