• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Deportivo Saprissa, I want to know more. 

Biggest club in Costa Rica, once a North American giant until the MLS and Liga MX came around. Now that those clubs dominate the market, Saprissa can't really keep up financially.

hypocrisy from the Saudi's at it's finest --------

they are in quarrel with Qatar, now, it's Qatars turn to fack the Saudis up due to TV Rights.   goats fighting each other hahahaha

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1318436/media

JEDDAH: Negotiations between the General Sports Authority (GSA) and FIFA to allow coverage of the World Cup in the Kingdom, a Saudi Arabian sports official has told Arab News. 

The Middle East rights to show the tournament are held by Qatar-owned beIN Sports, which is not authorized to air in Saudi Arabia. But with the big kick-off just four days away FIFA is under pressure to find a solution which will allow Saudi football fans to watch the Green Falcons’ progress in Russia. 

On 6/8/2018 at 14:15, Machado said:

WZgq42X_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Not shocked to see Sporting up there. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with Al Ahly either since they are kings of Egypt and they made the World Cup. 

I have never heard of Deportivo Saprissa before.

Still, 12 players for Sporting seems like a lot

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Not shocked to see Sporting up there. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with Al Ahly either since they are kings of Egypt and they made the World Cup. 

I have never heard of Deportivo Saprissa before.

Still, 12 players for Sporting seems like a lot

How?

I can understand Cannabis but surely as a follower of the MLS you would have heard of them in the NACL before?

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

How?

I can understand Cannabis but surely as a follower of the MLS you would have heard of them in the NACL before?

No - because I'm not a fan of the MLS. I am a ST holder for my local team, but we are only 1.5 years old, so everything is new to me. Plus I have a life so I can't possible know every team in North America that wins their domestic league, when honestly, I don't give a shit. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

No - because I'm not a fan of the MLS. I am a ST holder for my local team, but we are only 1.5 years old, so everything is new to me. Plus I have a life so I can't possible know every team in North America that wins their domestic league, when honestly, I don't give a shit. 

I have a life too and don't give a shit either and I've heard of them.

I wasn't even having a pop at you, I'm just genuinely surprised as historically Saprissa are bigger than any team in the MLS bar maybe LA galaxy.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have a life too and don't give a shit either and I've heard of them.

I wasn't even having a pop at you, I'm just genuinely surprised as historically Saprissa are bigger than any team in the MLS bar maybe LA galaxy.

Nothing in my comment was a pop at you either. I honestly don't give a shit about a lot of the 'smaller' leagues. I have more important things (to me) to spend time on. 

I'm sure once Atlanta United make the NACL, I'll learn about a lot of teams I've not heard of before. 

Outside of MLS/USL/NASL and Liga MX, I couldn't name one team in North America. 

Just now, Eco said:

Nothing in my comment was a pop at you either. I honestly don't give a shit about a lot of the 'smaller' leagues. I have more important things (to me) to spend time on. 

I'm sure once Atlanta United make the NACL, I'll learn about a lot of teams I've not heard of before. 

Outside of MLS/USL/NASL and Liga MX, I couldn't name one team in North America. 

Fair enough, I'm just surprised as Saprissa are one of the biggest teams in the continent. As I stated to Cannabis earlier, their downfall has come from not being able to keep up with the marketing and growing finances in the Liga MX and the MLS. They and Alajualense still can put together good runs in the NACL but it's getting tougher by year.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Fair enough, I'm just surprised as Saprissa are one of the biggest teams in the continent. As I stated to Cannabis earlier, their downfall has come from not being able to keep up with the marketing and growing finances in the Liga MX and the MLS. They and Alajualense still can put together good runs in the NACL but it's getting tougher by year.

The fact that you, a Pervian, know this, just goes to show how much more time you have to dedicate to 'random' leagues than I. xD

1 minute ago, Eco said:

The fact that you, a Pervian, know this, just goes to show how much more time you have to dedicate to 'random' leagues than I. xD

Nah, it doesn't take much time for a football fan in North or South America to know that.

Its true I spend a lot of time on football but I know little about the Costa Rican league other than they, Alajualense and Herediano are the biggest teams.

Just now, Blue said:

Nah, it doesn't take much time for a football fan in North or South America to know that.

Its true I spend a lot of time on football but I know little about the Costa Rican league other than they, Alajualense and Herediano are the biggest teams.

Ah, regardless, it's time I don't have, and information I'll forget tonight. 

Guys, sad news. Im off to Mexico for ten days. Which means I'll miss the start of the World Cup (on tf365).

However, when I'm back I expect to see...

Plenty of Dancing Bananas!! :banana::banana::banana:
Plenty of content from @Stan
@Dan to win a football bet
A post from @SirBalon I understand.
Everybody to have the knowledge worthy of degree in Peruvian Football History courtesy of @Blue
@Dr. Gonzo to make a post which is just one sentence.
@Cannabis to return from his holiday over his obsession with Portugal.
@Cicero to mention after every man of the match is announced how Chelsea could have signed him if they sorted out their manager.
@LFCMadLad not to mention Everton once in this section.
@Teso dos Bichos to up the hype about how great Neymar is.
@DeadLinesman to dab every time Paul Pogba scores.
@Storts to be critical of Harry Kane when he doesn't score as many goals as the media expect him to against Tunisia.
@Marcto stop giving negative rep to Brian.
@Devon Von Devon to get the tables.
@Fairy In Boots to pull up @Lucas on his Korean jokes.
Saudi Arabia to score a goal to repay the faith shown by @Eco
@Inverted to make a positive post about England.

.... and @bozziovai to finish my 100 days countdown.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Guys, sad news. Im off to Mexico for ten days. Which means I'll miss the start of the World Cup (on tf365).

Everybody to have the knowledge worthy of degree in Peruvian Football History courtesy of @Blue
@Cicero to mention after every man of the match is announced how Chelsea could have signed him if they sorted out their manager.
@Storts to be critical of Harry Kane when he doesn't score as many goals as the media expect him to against Tunisia.

Where in Mexico? I'm adding this sentence to the end of that so I don't waste my special one sentence post right now.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Dr. Gonzo's one should have been @SirBalon's...

Archived