• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

According to some people I know, /r/gonewild is apparently one of the best sub-reddits. Some people say that it's on a par with the Hot Babes thread (or whatever it was called) that @Bluewolf can't be bothered maintaining for us these days :coffee:.

Have we got a Hot babes thread on here then?? 

Can't say I have seen one in all honesty... 

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

A taxi drove into people in Moscow injuring 8. The current story is lost control of car. The video it looks deliberate.

It's not too sensitive a watch but putting it under a spoiler anyway

Reveal hidden contents

Boss the people going after the cunt, not going to get away with that shit in Russia. 

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

A taxi drove into people in Moscow injuring 8. The current story is lost control of car. The video it looks deliberate.

It's not too sensitive a watch but putting it under a spoiler anyway

Reveal hidden contents

Agree... The fact he was doing a runner after as well looked deliberate... If it had been a loss of control you would have been sitting there in shock or stunned by what just happened 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

ISIS really are scraping the barrel now aren't they, that must be like the Fabian Delph of their terrorist squad.

If Fabian Delph can recreate his career as a LB can ISIS restructure their organsiation to the 'religion of peace'?

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Boss the people going after the cunt, not going to get away with that shit in Russia. 

Infuriating that no cunt got hold of him though, absolute piece of shit.

• Administrator

With the exception of Spain Portugal which felt like a league fixture, this tournament has been toss. So few teams play like a team. Creativity in the final 3rd has been abject. And with a 48 team world cup In the future, I can only see the quality getting worse. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Batard said:

With the exception of Spain Portugal which felt like a league fixture, this tournament has been toss. So few teams play like a team. Creativity in the final 3rd has been abject. And with a 48 team world cup In the future, I can only see the quality getting worse. 

Parts of the Argentina-Iceland game and Peru-Denmark games today were good. Thing is that even with a group stage round robin, when you're one of the three shitter teams you're basically out if you lose your first game in a Morocco/Iran or Peru/Denmark situation. Games are too cagey. It'll never happen but they could almost just make the whole thing a straight knockout.

I've enjoyed it so far though to be fair.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Parts of the Argentina-Iceland game and Peru-Denmark games today were good. Thing is that even with a group stage round robin, when you're one of the three shitter teams you're basically out if you lose your first game in a Morocco/Iran or Peru/Denmark situation. Games are too cagey. It'll never happen but they could almost just make the whole thing a straight knockout.

I've enjoyed it so far though to be fair.

I’m probably just being old and unreasonable. But still. The dearth of good football has been startling 

• Administrator
Just now, Stan said:

I've fucking loved today even if I did have a absolute cunt of a hangover. What a day to have one though. 

It felt like the French team had a collective hangover 

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why does Messi insist on taking penalties? He has never been particularly great at them throughout his career. @Berserker @SirBalon

I agree with this. I recall off the top of my head him fucking up against Chelsea, and a few other times in the CL. And then in his big momemnt for Argentine TWICE.

Just a little bottlejob sometimes.

3 hours ago, Batard said:

I felt this has been a better tournament than 2010 and 2014, so far.

Some cracking goals already, drama with some of the favorites. 

I've been enjoying it.

38 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I agree with this. I recall off the top of my head him fucking up against Chelsea, and a few other times in the CL. And then in his big momemnt for Argentine TWICE.

Just a little bottlejob sometimes.

He has missed at least 22 in his career; I just watched a highlight video. Most of them were saved as well, he never goes for power, just placing them low on either side usually. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Why does Messi insist on taking penalties? He has never been particularly great at them throughout his career. @Berserker @SirBalon

He tends to take them for Barça too unless he himself hands the moment to another colleague which happens frequently.  I have no idea why he continues to take them... If it's him insisting he should take them or if the coach selects the taker.

His success rate isn't all that bad actually. He had one season at Barcelona (3 years ago) where he had a terrible year with success from the spot.  But since then he's been very good...  But with Messi as he's running to strike that ball you do always get the sensation that it could be a miss or the keeper saves it.  He's not the greatest penalty taker to be fair...  There have been some real experts in that field in the past.  I think Mendieta who was an expert with pens, only missed one during his career.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ASF said:

I felt this has been a better tournament than 2010 and 2014, so far.

Some cracking goals already, drama with some of the favorites. 

I've been enjoying it.

The standard of passing and technique hasn’t been as good as I expected. That said, I’m still reeling at how shit France were 

Archived