talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

football forum

Any team that fails to beat bread and butter minnows can't take itself seriously. A win in the return leg would send Peru to the World Cup but a group-stage exit would surely beckon.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Any team that fails to beat bread and butter minnows can't take itself seriously. A win in the return leg would send Peru to the World Cup but a group-stage exit would surely beckon.

New Zealand aren't a great team but they aren't the Solomon Islands or Tahiti. They have improved since their shambles of a 2011-2014 era. 

I actually agree that we will get a group stage exit if we go to the World Cup. We've been awful since september. However, we're in 5th for a reason and that reason is that we were far from average. Its that simple. We are the only South American team yet to lose in 2017. Even Brazil lost in June.

Its as simple as: if we beat New Zealand, we deserve to play in the World Cup for our efforts. If we don't, its because we failed to beat an ultimately inferior team and don't deserve it.

football forum
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Courtois is a hell of a GK but he is fucking awful when it comes to PK, too easy for Guardado. 

Courtois is overrated as fuck, bang average in my book.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You drew 0-0 to New Zealand, that's an absolute shambles.

Sounds like you've been waiting to pounce since March. Don't show up now Cannabis. 

football forum
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like you've been waiting to pounce since March. Don't show up now Cannabis. 

That is a lie. 

Or a guess. 

Or both, fuck off.

43 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You drew 0-0 to New Zealand, that's an absolute shambles.

Could be worse, getting dominated by Jamaica, completely played off the park and knocked out in the semi final of the Gold Cup. 

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

mexico had 70 percent possession and it took a FK of jamaica to beat us HK 😂 And you want to know the difference, the coaching. Ive said it many times, the clown that is coaching us needs to go or we will lose more games like the one against Jamaica. His rotation bullshit and playing players out of their original position is killing the team.

I guess you'd also have beaten Chile too? Excuse queen you are. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

mexico had 70 percent possession and it took a FK of jamaica to beat us HK 😂 And you want to know the difference, the coaching. Ive said it many times, the clown that is coaching us needs to go.  

Two bottom feeder nations going at it, only Jamaica actually had a bit of quality to win the game, nothing to do with the coach, just a really bad team. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Two bottom feeder nations going at it, only Jamaica actually had a bit of quality to win the game, nothing to do with the coach, just a really bad team. 

Jamaica put Mexico in their place. I think Australia yesterday showed CONCACAF's level. A team playing actually dreadful football managed to dominate Honduras who were supposedly favourites.

Mexico is a minnow. Anyone who denies it is delusional.

football forum
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jamaica put Mexico in their place. I think Australia yesterday showed CONCACAF's level. A team playing actually dreadful football managed to dominate Honduras who were supposedly favourites.

Mexico is a minnow. Anyone who denies it is delusional.

Absolute rubbish. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

yeah a bottom feeder team got outclassed by belgium yesterday huh 😂😂 stop embarrassing yourself lil bitch 

Shows how much of bottom feeders are that Mexico celebrate a draw against Belgium in a friendly. Huge minnows and anyone who denies it should just stop watching football as they are embarrassing themselves.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

yeah a bottom feeder team got outclassed by belgium yesterday huh 😂😂 stop embarrassing yourself lil bitch 

Most definitely a 'bottom feeder' football team. I think it's because all these Mexican players wanted a career in charreria instead and football was the fall back which isn't working out either. 

The real Mexico is the Jamaica one, or the one embarrassed by Honduras recently. Pitiful nation. 

I'm struggling to count the amount of relevant trophies Mexico have won. Can you give me tips,  @HK85?

I can count the amount of goals Chile scored on Mexico though. A true football nation.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

HK whoring himself out for likes from the hurting lil boy who watched his beloved team tie against the team ranked 122!!!! Mexico had their b team against jamaica and again it was the bad coaching. 

Every Mexican team is a B team "bruh".

IMG_5141.thumb.PNG.10eb98829ddfd917093fbc282570cca0.PNG

Teams with most appearances in the WC. Have a guess at who the team who haven't won it are. Turn up, get embarrassed, go home. Repeat. 

• Subscriber

xD

A few points:

- Peru should easily beat New Zealand at home so the 0-0 draw while disappointing doesn't really matter.

- Wales being seeded highly was somewhat justified by their semi final run at their last major tournament but obviously being ranked 2nd in the world without even having been to a World Cup in the lifetime of any of their players is further evidence (not that it was needed) that the FIFA rankings are an absolute shambles and while they generally get dismissed because "they don't mean anything" it does make a complete mess of some of the qualifying stages.

- Personally , I wouldn't mind having completely unseeded qualifiers and if the likes of Italy miss a World Cup because they got a tough group and their opponents were better then so be it. I know that's an unpopular opinion though.

- Mexico can't be bashed for not performing at the World Cup bevause they hardly have the infrastructure or population to be considered serious contenders. Just because all other nations in North America are an embarrassment leading even poor Mexico sides to qualify for the World Cup every time this shouldn't be used as a stick to beat them. By the same measure, people are making jokes about New Zealand being chemists and farmers because they only have to play Fiji and New Caledonia to get to the World Cup playoff but Mexico having to "earn their place" against the likes of Jamaica, Guatemala and El Salvador is just as much of a mismatch.

- Regardless of what Peru, Mexico, New Zealand do, England's national team remain the biggest embarrassment of all. One World Cup and no European Championships given the players, coaches, clubs, money, infrastructure, population and football being the country's number one sport cannot be understated in measuring just how terribly the English national team have under delivered over the years. I'm talking really really fucking bad.

55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

- Peru should easily beat New Zealand at home so the 0-0 draw while disappointing doesn't really matter.

This is true, but it's still a ridiculous result.  New Zealand are proper third world where it comes to football and the nations they play against (those islands) are almost non existent on a football scale.

- Wales being seeded highly was somewhat justified by their semi final run at their last major tournament but obviously being ranked 2nd in the world without even having been to a World Cup in the lifetime of any of their players is further evidence (not that it was needed) that the FIFA rankings are an absolute shambles and while they generally get dismissed because "they don't mean anything" it does make a complete mess of some of the qualifying stages.

The FIFA rankings unfortunately are what they are and the problem isn't acquiring a seeding slot from the rankings, the problem as you allude to is the fact they're a shambles and they can be used to one's advantage.  As for Wales being seeded because of one semi-final participation, I couldn't give a damn, it's ridiculous!  I have absolutely nothing against the Welsh people or Wales, quite the opposite, but all of this is a joke.

- Personally , I wouldn't mind having completely unseeded qualifiers and if the likes of Italy miss a World Cup because they got a tough group and their opponents were better then so be it. I know that's an unpopular opinion though.

That would end up a total mess!  Seedings can be done correctly by combining history on a consistent level which includes recent history because the past is exactly that, history.

- Mexico can't be bashed for not performing at the World Cup bevause they hardly have the infrastructure or population to be considered serious contenders. Just because all other nations in North America are an embarrassment leading even poor Mexico sides to qualify for the World Cup every time this shouldn't be used as a stick to beat them. By the same measure, people are making jokes about New Zealand being chemists and farmers because they only have to play Fiji and New Caledonia to get to the World Cup playoff but Mexico having to "earn their place" against the likes of Jamaica, Guatemala and El Salvador is just as much of a mismatch.

It's true that the CONCACAF is poor a lot of the time, but comparing it to that stuff New Zealand are involved in is mental mate.

- Regardless of what Peru, Mexico, New Zealand do, England's national team remain the biggest embarrassment of all. One World Cup and no European Championships given the players, coaches, clubs, money, infrastructure, population and football being the country's number one sport cannot be understated in measuring just how terribly the English national team have under delivered over the years. I'm talking really really fucking bad.

I have my own opinions on the reasons behind England's mediocre performances at international level in tournaments, but that's a long post and I would be going way off topic for this.  But it's true more should've been achieved...  But international level doesn't forgive the slightest error and the thin line between glory and failure is microscopic.  Many things can have been so different with a bit of luck (something needed by everyone in these things) and proper decision making in the culture of football in England (something that goes back to what I said about this being another debate, long and detailed).

• Administrator

Morocco and Tunisia the next 2 teams to qualify for Russia next summer. Apparently Morocco haven't conceded in their qualification campaign. That's some going to be fair. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That would end up a total mess!  Seedings can be done correctly by combining history on a consistent level which includes recent history because the past is exactly that, history.

Well, the resent history tells us that it would be travesty to have Italy seeded. Or weren´t they elinminated at  the group stage of the last 2 WCs?

I’ve been thinking about another thing...

How are they going to wrangle Russia going as far as possible so that this isn’t a fiasco. Putin will have demanded this! Easy group for this terrible Russia side or like with South Korea, just blatant dodgy refereeing all the way until Putin is satisfied.

What’s it gonna be? 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve been thinking about another thing...

How are they going to wrangle Russia going as far as possible so that this isn’t a fiasco. Putin will have demanded this! Easy group for this terrible Russia side or like with South Korea, just blatant dodgy refereeing all the way until Putin is satisfied.

What’s it gonna be? 

Peru or New Zealand  in their group then

Archived