talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Who was claiming he was? A lot of people were impressed by last season and rightfully they should have been. Without his goalscoring, Torino would have been in serious trouble.

Anyway, a disaster of a lineup and a horrible performance from Italy so far. Candreva has done nothing and Florenzi is sitting on the bench.

There were people on here saying that he was world class and gave me shit for saying he was overrated.

I understand the context of it but overall footballing ability is something I question.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue said:

There were people on here saying that he was world class and gave me shit for saying he was overrated.

I understand the context of it but overall footballing ability is something I question.

Huge difference between that and using the term 'World Class'.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Huge difference between that and using the term 'World Class'.

I've seen that term thrown around on Twitter and a few on here. 

For me, the best Italian striker is Giovinco and he was that even when he was at Juve.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I've seen that term thrown around on Twitter and a few on here. 

For me, the best Italian striker is Giovinco and he was that even when he was at Juve.

I prefer strikers who score goals. Giovinco tended not to be able to do that at Juventus.

another poor game for Italy's national team. If they play like this they don't even deserve going to Russia. All they do is throwing long balls. They can't create shit. I don't know if it's the manager who's worthless or the players but what I know is that Italy doesn't deserve a spot in the world cup if they play like this.

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

How do you rate a midfielder world class prior to playing his FIRST European game AND losing a final by getting outclassed by elneny and xhaka 

Oh this should be good, go find where I said Kante and World class in the same sentence. I'l wait. 

I must say that is a gutting result. Credit to New Zealand for perfectly executing their game plan. I am not looking forward to Tuesday.

I can't believe how much things have changed. This squad just doesn't have the same confidence anymore. In the last 5 games, we only looked good against Ecuador. I wouldn't take too many risks in the second leg but if we do manage to qualify for the World Cup, changes need to be made or else we won't get far.

Away draws are never bad but due to the lack of the away goal, this is a better result for them. 

9 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

How do you rate a midfielder world class prior to playing his FIRST European game AND losing a final by getting outclassed by elneny and xhaka 

I've seen what he's accomplished with Torino. pretty insane things. I have to admit that he needs other players surrounding him to achieve great performances and maybe this is a serious reason not to rate him as a worldclass player. I observed that last night when Italy had a bunch of midfielders (old farts mainly) but none of them was a classic #10. That's why no one could turn him on last night. On the other hand Torino has Ljajic, a creative playmaker who's exactly what Belotti needs. You'll see he's gonna have a great career if he goes to a big club with top playmakers surrounding him. In Squadra Azzurra he has only old farts surrounding him like De Rossi, Parolo, Candreva etc...

What's happening to Italy! :(

Seeing as Italy have a massive problem in the sense of pressing teams up field to pressurise and make them feel uneasy and threatened, I can't see this being overturned now.  It will be HORRIBLE to have the World Cup without Italy because they're one of the classics in the world's biggest football tournament.

5a06d9d653331.jpg

This has to be the lowest moment in terms of impotence with Italy that I have ever seen in my lifetime.  In previous generations where they've had a lack of natural flamboyant talent to add to their workhorse mentality, they've managed to use tactical knowhow to strangle football matches where competitiveness is in question and in so doing, advance.

But this is crap!  Lack of natural talent, no major individual as a focal point and nothing tactical of note to bring out the best in what comes natural to the Italian game historically.

I really really hope this can be overturned on Monday at the Giuseppe Meazza, but I'm not feeling positive vibes.

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

#Pray4Italy :(.

Seriously, a World Cup without them wouldn't be worth watching! 

I felt the same when Holland missed out on Euro 2016 but you get over it. If Italy don't make it, it's because they don't deserve to be there unfortunately, no matter how notorious they are with the competition.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived