talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern Ireland should write a letter asking if they can come along anyway like the Republic Of Ireland did. It'd be a step in the right direction to unification so that we don't have to suffer the existence of two shit Irelands.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't grudge people for supporting their club/team just because they play awful football.

Luckily for me, Scotland, although crap, don't play overly negative football - in fact our problem is that all of our best players are generally physically small/weak, which requires us to actually try and play a passing game, albeit without the required ability or organisation to make it work. 

I wish we could sometimes have an occasional Ireland-esque performance to grind a result against the odds, rather than our usual approach of high-scoring "good efforts". 

But overall, our lack of strength and athleticism, as well as quality CBs, makes it impossible for us to soak up pressure. 

Has Gordon Strachan hacked your account :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Has Gordon Strachan hacked your account :ph34r:

I don't think he said the word "organisation" during his tenure. I think his attitude was "managers can only improve the defending, and we're crap at defending". 

Trying to organise ourselves to create some connections between our small, slow players so that we could actually be effective when we did have the ball and try to hide our weakness, never really occurred to him. 

On 11/11/2017 at 4:52 AM, Blue said:

Australia's lineup is out.

That is a shit lineup. Can someone tell me where Mark Milligan is? Suspended? Injured? Or just Ange being tactically inept?

Disagree. Despite being wasteful (story of our campaign) that is arguably our best line up. Rogic for Irvine in the second leg and leckie out wide? Kruse and Milligan no thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

Disagree. Despite being wasteful (story of our campaign) that is arguably our best line up. Rogic for Irvine in the second leg and leckie out wide? Kruse and Milligan no thanks. 

The match the other day was excellent, but what do you have against Milligan? I highly rate him. Agree on Kruse though, terrible these days.

Keep in mind I'm a huge Troisi fan. Irvine is good but I actually prefer James.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

The match the other day was excellent, but what do you have against Milligan? I highly rate him. Agree on Kruse though, terrible these days.

Keep in mind I'm a huge Troisi fan. Irvine is good but I actually prefer James.

Jedinak is better than Milligan. Milligan has done well for Oz but would prefer Jedinak. Can't see them playing next to each other this week.

Used to be a fan of Troisi but don't think he should start. Maybe an okay bench option. 

12 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

I don't think so. The better option is really to merge Asia and Ocenia into one confederation. 

This should be it. Flight times would be the biggest problem, but you could do zone by zone first. That way finances don't become a huge problem unless some amateur team somehow makes it to the final round.

Asia and Oceania used to qualify together. Australia when they first qualified for the World Cup, did it through Asia.

10 hours ago, Anton said:

Jedinak is better than Milligan. Milligan has done well for Oz but would prefer Jedinak. Can't see them playing next to each other this week.

Used to be a fan of Troisi but don't think he should start. Maybe an okay bench option. 

Jedinak is definitely better than Milligan but you could still play him as a CB. Have Jedinak in DM or CM and Milligan as part of the back 3.

Troisi I used to have up with Mooy at least for the Soccerroos but I think the other day Mooy showed why he's in the Premier League and that he's easily the best player in the side.

16 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

I don't think so. The better option is really to merge Asia and Ocenia into one confederation. 

But then you have the same issue of one continent potentialy not being represented

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

But then you have the same issue of one continent potentialy not being represented

Look that isn't really a strong argument. Does it makes since to reserve a place for a Balkan team, one Schendivian team one Mediterian team at the Champions league ? Its still remains the elite Europeon competition even if you don't have teams from some parts the continent.

Ocenia and Asia are one unit in many sports like Tennis,Hockey etc. 

• Administrator

that looked like a handball in the area there. Sweden should have had a penalty.

Italy on the other hand shouldn't have. Defender got the ball for the challenge on Parolo.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived