• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

It's not even that mate...  It's shit football.  Honestly, it makes me angry.  Any team can play like that if you get them to be disciplined and I mean any bunch of street players.

They've had to come out and make a game of it against Denmark and it's badly exposed their limitations. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There was an article a few weeks back on the Guardian website which claimed Martin O'Neill deserved a job at one of the top clubs for all he's done.

I saw some absolute rocket on Twitter say Scotland should hire him if Ireland get knocked out.

Aye, let's hire the guy who hates any player under 6'1 to manage a team of midgets.  Also a guy who thinks it's wise to try and sit on a lucky 1-0 lead with no away goals. 

His luck's ran out. It took a while, but they got to a Euros in the meantime so they can't complain too much. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There was an article a few weeks back on the Guardian website which claimed Martin O'Neill deserved a job at one of the top clubs for all he's done.

He's a dinosaur

16 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Was like Watching Italy lastnight :ph34r:

Eire wishes they had Italy's problems mate.

I love the Irish, but this football makes my stomach turn and there is no way in hell anyone's that crap to have to play like that to try and get something "positive" in terms of results.

• Administrator

Not really sure what anyone would expect from a team organized by Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane. The latter's management career littered with dross at the highlest level and the former someone who hasn't done anything of note in God knows how many years. 

• Administrator

Got my wish that we'll see Eriksen and Schmeichel at the World Cup in summer and both Irish teams will be at home :D

Denmark, Croatia, Switzerland, Sweden qualify. Wonder who will get the furthest out of those 4.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Got my wish that we'll see Eriksen and Schmeichel at the World Cup in summer and both Irish teams will be at home :D

Denmark, Croatia, Switzerland, Sweden qualify. Wonder who will get the furthest out of those 4.

Definitely between Denmark or Sweden. Croatia have the best team but worst cup mentality. Switzerland are wank.

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

We did the better passing! We did the better tackling but we lost 5-1

I didn't see that. They outplayed you mate. 5-1 wasn't flattering, it could have been 7 or 8. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived