talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You're obsessed with me you.. Fuck you. A team that barely got by New Zealand xD

As opposed to a team that finished behind Honduras :bye:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Leading scorer of all-time for Belgium ;)

What does that actually mean in the grand scheme of things?

I mean, yeah that’s great and respectable. But we’re talking about Belgium, a country that’s had more major lows than relative highs at international level. 

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mexico has advanced from groups that had Croatia & Brazil,  France & Uruguay & host SA lately. peru benefited from the weakest SA WCQ. Mexico tied 3-3 against Lukaku's Belgium and defeated Poland this past day not to mention they destroyed the NZ four years ago 9-3!! The way peru played away from lima against the team ranked 122th leads me to believe they would struggle tremendously to keep up with Lukaku's Belgium and poland. After 40 years of misery, Peruvians should be content with just being there(for the three games)

We've advanced from harder groups in the Copa America, beat Brazil, drew Argentina and beat Uruguay where as you're celebrating giving Belgium "a good game" in a friendly. Why don't you stick to your word and never post again?

EDIT: Weakest SA WCQ :rofl: completely delusional

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What about a possible Mexico and Perú group at the World Cup?  (haven't even had a look if it's possible via the pots)

Impossible given they are in the same pot, but Mexico's style of play and overall standard is one that I'd be most confident in beating.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We honestly need a separate thread of all of Teso's posts throughout the years 

Here is another one that cannot be missed

Brazil, argentina, colombia, uruguay, and chile. no way in fucking hell yall will qualify in 2022 libby.:rofl::rofl::rofl: peru is content with a third or fourth place every once in a while in la copa america. its okay to dream but fuck, its more realistic to land people in mars than peru in a wc. wish my pal mildem was here, he would definetly back me up on this 

37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Leading scorer of all-time for Belgium ;)

A whopping 30 goals. Outstanding. 

Golden generation of players yet are absolutely bang average for the national side. I'd even fancy Mexico to do them if they meet in the WC. Least Mexico plays like a team. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A whopping 30 goals. Outstanding. 

Golden generation of players yet are absolutely bang average for the national side. I'd even fancy Mexico to do them if they meet in the WC. Least Mexico plays like a team. 

Wow. That is an embarrassing top scoring record given how much dross they play on a regular basis.

Paolo Guerrero is at 32 against top opposition and less tournaments.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think from every national side, Morocco have impressed me the most. Very well organised at the back and a talented midfield. 

Senegal for me are one to keep an eye out.

Haven't actually seen them but have you seen their squad?

Keita, Mané, Koulibaly, Gueye, Sow, Sakho. Its a hell of a team on paper.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Senegal for me are one to keep an eye out.

Haven't actually seen them but have you seen their squad?

Keita, Mané, Koulibaly, Gueye, Sow, Sakho. Its a hell of a team on paper.

So are Belgium, but i'd fancy a team that works well as a cohesive unit rather than individuals. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So are Belgium, but i'd fancy a team that works well as a cohesive unit rather than individuals. 

I agree that's why I said we should "keep an eye on them".

They could either be one of the best African sides ever or just be another Ivory Coast.

Belgium have had this "golden generation" for quite some time and yet nothing substantial has occurred.  This doesn't mean you have to win an international tournament because the competitiveness at that level is extreme and you also need a modem of luck to befall you.  But to name players doing well in various European leagues as a sign of something that can occur is over the top.

There's more to football than names!  Stop being such a glutton for marketing and make your own mind up by yourself.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Fifa ranking doofus.. The federation thats crooked as he'll.

Javier hernandez has more goals and about the same amount of caps but yet Paolo is supposedly better.

Paolo is 100 times better than Hernandez. Its not even a close debate.

I just looked at Chicharito's goals and its mostly against dross. I counted the amount of goals he has against real opposition (south america and europe) and the number is 27

In fact its not just that I also counted some matches vs Costa Rica and Canada, and Paolo still has more.

Chicharito scored in 21 friendlies overall. Are we seeing some sort of Mexican Claudio Pizarro?

Out of all the opposition, the only "weak" team Paolo scored against is Haiti and Qatar. And Jamaica I suppose but you know beating Mexico and all...

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To be honest, for as arrogant and prideful as Mexican fans are, you'd think they had at least won a world cup. 

Its ok though, they are a top side as they are unbeaten 400 games in CONCACAF. They're better than most of South America because they have done well against the football giants that are Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica.

The best part is even against them they haven't done well. Then they come to South America and get brought back to reality.

To be honest, if we face Mexico in the World Cup I'd be fairly confident in beating them. The teams I don't want to face are Denmark or Iran. The former is a proper footballing team that could more than likely beat us. The latter we won't be able to break down and is a guaranteed 0-0. Mexico we'd tear apart with our tiki taka play.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its ok though, they are a top side as they are unbeaten 400 games in CONCACAF. They're better than most of South America because they have done well against the football giants that are Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica.

The best part is even against them they haven't done well. Then they come to South America and get brought back to reality.

To be honest, if we face Mexico in the World Cup I'd be fairly confident in beating them. The teams I don't want to face are Denmark or Iran. The former is a proper footballing team that could more than likely beat us. The latter we won't be able to break down and is a guaranteed 0-0. Mexico we'd tear apart with our tiki taka play.

You don't rate Mexican football history then?

Just now, SirBalon said:

You don't rate Mexican football history then?

Not really, no. They've had some proper teams I'll admit (late 90's and late 2000's were 2 very good sides) but they still achieved nothing. Even Peru's golden generation, we could have done better in World Cups. Even then we still won a Copa America and made use of it of a proper team.

This current Mexican team is shite. They have some talent like Chuki Lozano and Tecatico but overall its not one of the better Mexico teams but somehow they are "world class" because they put up a fight against Belgium in a friendly FFS xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived