talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

The cinematography in this looks fantastic. That shot of the ships with the flares(?) coming out of them with the walkers on the horizon was great. 

Star Wars is the one series that makes me feel like a kid again so I'm really excited for this. Despite all the criticism I really enjoyed Force Awakens and Rogue One was great too, it's nice to have a quality Star Wars film coming out every year. 

I thought the trailer wasn't that great but that's not a bad thing. Most of the films nowadays put there best bits in a 3min segment that basically tells you the film. I still have no idea what's going to happen here and I like that. It's a given anyway I'll just line up yearly to let Disney take my money

On 14/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep, same here. 

@topic

Watched the press thing with wife. Loved the tribute to Carrie Fisher.

On a side note, 

C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k.jpg

cb53fa8c773314d9e553c456a71ee10f.jpg

Hold your horses... I would say it is a common trope in fantasy, that...

Magic_sword_poster.jpg

Poster+Erik.jpg

Photo5.jpg

aff06.jpg

... finally gets to make a nod to the beginning of the franchise:

EUA.jpg

On 15/04/2017 at 0:43 AM, Tanksie said:

You aren't missing much

Are you allowed to say that on the internet!? 

I'll go a different route and say the newer 2 have mopped the floor with the first 6 Star Wars films as they weren't very good so I think this new one will be decent.

Everyone rages about the prequels but jar jar aside they set up the trilogy quite well. I'm a fan though ever since I first saw a new hope aged about 5/6, and it's subsequent xmas repeats. 

I liked rogue 1 and the force awakens, if the last Jedi is slow and sets up a big finale in 9 then that's fine by me, I don't think you can just whole trilogies on one part of it. 

On 4/14/2017 at 6:21 PM, Cicero said:

Personally liked Rogue One so hopefully it can continue to get better by each film. 

Still feel the 'Story Wars Stories' franchise will wipe the floor with the actual main series. 

I thought Rogue One was boring tbh and i'm a huge star wars fan, the force awakens was much better  ...nothing will beat the original movies though that i grew up with

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I thought Rogue One was boring tbh and i'm a huge star wars fan, the force awakens was much better  ...nothing will beat the original movies though that i grew up with

Without Rogue One we'd still be asking ourselves "How did they know about the Death Star's weakness?"

• 5 months later...

Was going to stick this in the trailer thread but given how big the franchise is, I thought it probably deserved it's own thread seeing as it's likely to be the highest grossing/most talked about film of the year.

First official trailer is released. Thoughts?

Edited by Lucas