talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber

Pedro Pascal - title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy.

The other roles are unknown yet, but I'm glad that we have a star cast of older, established actors so this will not turn into a children show hopefully. Giancarlo Esposito would be the perfect cast for an underworld Star Wars crime boss (or a stone cold imperial mastermind). Also Nick Nolte... Carl Weathers... Werner Herzog :o The cast is insane. Omid Abtahi did voice work as a Mandalorian cadet for The Clone Wars.

I'm excited for this, hope Disney don't screw it up.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Pedro Pascal - title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy.

The other roles are unknown yet, but I'm glad that we have a star cast of older, established actors so this will not turn into a children show hopefully. Giancarlo Esposito would be the perfect cast for an underworld Star Wars crime boss (or a stone cold imperial mastermind). Also Nick Nolte... Carl Weathers... Werner Herzog :o The cast is insane. Omid Abtahi did voice work as a Mandalorian cadet for The Clone Wars.

I'm excited for this, hope Disney don't screw it up.

xD

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well I thought both Rogue One and Solo were enjoyable so I'm not giving up yet...

Haven't seen Solo yet because the cast put me off, however I agree on Rogue One. The only stand out for me given it is a film where unlike the main story line, they have a female lead done right. Not to mention the last 5 minutes was arguably the best moment in the entire Star Wars franchise for me. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Haven't seen Solo yet because the cast put me off, however I agree on Rogue One. The only stand out for me given it is a film where unlike the main story line, they have a female lead done right. 

I really enjoyed Solo when I first watched it, and that despite being very skeptical as Han Solo is my most favourite character in the franchise and I didn't think Alden Ehrenreich could pull it off. However, I thought he did a very good job - it's obviously a huge challenge as he's no Harrison Ford (but then nobody is), but surprisingly his interpretation of the character was believable and I could definitely see him as a young Han Solo (delivery and body language was very Han-like at times), especially as the movie showed his character transformation into the Han we know from the original trilogy. Donald Glover also was great as a young Lando Calrissian.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've heard good things about Solo, but so far I've hated everything Star Wars that Disney has put out.

Even Rogue One? I disliked The Force Awakens and hated The Last Jedi, but enjoyed both anthology movies...

Just now, nudge said:

Even Rogue One? I disliked The Force Awakens and hated The Last Jedi, but enjoyed both anthology movies...

I couldn't even finish Rogue One tbh. Got maybe about 1/3rd of the way in and then decided to stop watching and play guitar instead.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I couldn't even finish Rogue One tbh. Got maybe about 1/3rd of the way in and then decided to stop watching and play guitar instead.

Haha I found the first half somewhat boring too but it really improved afterwards; the ending scene was class.

• 2 weeks later...

Think some fans, myself included, would of loved too see a star wars story that took place directly after ROTS. Vader killing off the remaining Jedi. 

Don't think it's possibly now nor do I think Abrams has the capability of doing it successfully. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think some fans, myself included, would of loved too see a star wars story that took place directly after ROTS. Vader killing off the remaining Jedi. 

Don't think it's possibly now nor do I think Abrams has the capability of doing it successfully. 

Absolutely. I've read the now non-canon novels (The Dark Lord Trilogy) that also dealt with the events directly after the ROTS and focused on Vader coming to terms with this new body; and recently I've been hooked on the new Vader comic series that also deal with the said events and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'd definitely love to see a movie focused on the ultimate transformation of his character and there are so many possibilities to explore there... Sadly not going to happen - unless at some point Vader: A Star Wars Story is released...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Absolutely. I've read the now non-canon novels (The Dark Lord Trilogy) that also dealt with the events directly after the ROTS and focused on Vader coming to terms with this new body; and recently I've been hooked on the new Vader comic series that also deal with the said events and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'd definitely love to see a movie focused on the ultimate transformation of his character and there are so many possibilities to explore there... Sadly not going to happen - unless at some point Vader: A Star Wars Story is released...

God willing James Earl Jones is still alive for that 

• Upvote 1

On another note, I love the amount of fan theories there are on YouTube that try and solve some question marks in the new films, when in reality it is just bad writing. 

Think what Disney did to Luke is unforgivable on so many levels. Refuses to kill his father who joined the dark side, wants to kill his nephew who hasn't joined yet. Just so bad xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

On another note, I love the amount of fan theories there are on YouTube that try and solve some question marks in the new films, when in reality it is just bad writing. 

Think what Disney did to Luke is unforgivable on so many levels. Refuses to kill his father who joined the dark side, wants to kill his nephew who hasn't joined yet. Just so bad xD

That was straight out character assassination... Even Mark Hamill admitted he didn't agree with it and even had to think of it as playing a completely different character. 

The new movies in general made it look like all the main heroes from the original trilogy failed at everything. Pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so supposedly a force ghost of Anakin will be in the final movie and everyone is freaking out given the direction Disney is obviously heading towards. They already made Luke look like a complete joke in favor of Rey, now they are fearing Disney will devalue Anakin by revealing that Rey is the true chosen one. 

Disney. Please don't. Are there separate writers? Ones for the stories and ones for the main story line? Because it is night and day difference. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Alright so supposedly a force ghost of Anakin will be in the final movie and everyone is freaking out given the direction Disney is obviously heading towards. They already made Luke look like a complete joke in favor of Rey, now they are fearing Disney will devalue Anakin by revealing that Rey is the true chosen one. 

Disney. Please don't. Are there separate writers? Ones for the stories and ones for the main story line? Because it is night and day difference. 

I hope Anakin's force ghost appears to Kylo Ren in a form of Darth Vader and force-chokes him showing how to be a true villain instead of a whiny little bitch that he is :ph34r:

There are separate writers for sure. At least Rian Johnson is nowhere near Episode IX... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...