talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber

With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker bringing the original Skywalker Saga to its conclusion, three new as-yet-untitled Star Wars films will release on the pre-Christmas weekend every other year beginning in 2022. 

Taken from Disney press release.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.3b21612273da070aa58220912eecbd0b.png

Sith Trooper Revealed From ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’

Nate Nickolai

AAEtZth.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” revealed a new stormtrooper uniform Wednesday at San Diego Comic-Con as part of a special exhibit celebrating the evolution of the stormtrooper design.

Dubbed the Sith trooper, the new uniform sports all-red armour plates with a matching red and black blaster. Also decorating the armour is a slightly more textured pattern, although the overall design is reminiscent of past clone troopers from films such as “Attack of the Clones” and “Revenge of the Sith.”

Star Wars has also announced a toy version of the new character design, which hints at a host of new red and black weapons for the troopers.

However, the new design won’t be completely replacing the storm troopers of old. In the trailer for the latest “Star Wars” film, a stormtrooper clad in the original white armour makes a brief appearance behind Kylo Ren.

AAEu9FS.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Rob Grabowski/Invision/AP Anthony Daniels, from left, Billy Dee Williams, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac participate during the "Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker" panel on day 1 of the Star Wars Celebration at Wintrust Arena on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Chicago. (Photo by Rob Grabowski/Invision/AP)

Also joining the “Star Wars” sequel trilogy is Emperor Palpatine, after first appearing in “The Empire Strikes Back,” one of the original series’ films. “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is set to hit theatres Dec. 20, and is the third instalment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, following JJ Abrams’s “The Force Awakens” and “The Last Jedi.” It is also the final episode of the nine-part “Star Wars” saga.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/entertainmentmovies/sith-trooper-revealed-from-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/ar-AAEucdZ?li=AAnZ9Ug

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

120 days until The Rise of Skywalker!

With D23 just two days away we might get some new material released. It's confirmed that the trailer for The Mandalorian will be officially released; hope for at least a new teaser for the Episode IX as well. Hopefully also the official confirmation for the new Kenobi mini series with Ewan McGregor... 

A lot of new stuff will be coming out in the future. A short overview:

November 12th, 2019 - The Mandalorian - on Disney+ new exclusive streaming service. Written and produced by Jon Favreau, the series will be set seven years after the Battle of Endor in the Return of the Jedi, and follow “the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic”.

December 20th, 2019 - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker. The final movie in the Skywalker saga.

TBA - Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi mini series - early reports say Ewan McGregor will return to show what happened to Obi-Wan during his time as a hermit on Tatooine.

TBA - Untitled Cassian Andor series - the series will explore the characters’ early adventures during the formative years of the Rebellion. Filming began in January 2019 and is ongoing.

Sometime in 2022 - Untitled David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones creators) Star Wars movie trilogy - rumors suggest that the new trilogy could focus on The Old Republic era, which is set 4,000 years before A New Hope. First installment is expected to hit the screen in 2022.

TBD - Rian Johnson’s spinoff trilogy - Little is known about the setting or expected release date at this point, but it’s reported to focus on characters who have little or no connection to the Skywalker bloodline.

7 hours ago, nudge said:

The Obi-Wan Kenobi series with Ewan McGregor returning have been officially confirmed! :D  Scripts are done; filming starts next year. So looking forward to this!

@Tommy

This is literally THE biggest wish the Star Wars Fans had over the last decade, and it became true :o Amazing! He was hands down the best thing about the prequels. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

t27jonbqlfi31.jpg?width=518&auto=webp&s=

New official poster for Episode IX :o 

PALPATINE!!!

I hope we get to see Hayden Christensen in this, as a force ghost perhaps. He deserves his redemption as well as Ewan McGregor. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I hope we get to see Hayden Christensen in this, as a force ghost perhaps. He deserves his redemption as well as Ewan McGregor. 

Yes yes; hopefully shows up as a force ghost to Kylo Ren to tell him what a shitty villain he is :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

t27jonbqlfi31.jpg?width=518&auto=webp&s=

New official poster for Episode IX :o 

PALPATINE!!!

Doesn't he die at the end of Episode 6? It would be nice to see him back but honestly think its someone else unless this has been confirmed?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Doesn't he die at the end of Episode 6? It would be nice to see him back but honestly think its someone else unless this has been confirmed?

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural. Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? :P 

Seriously though, Ian Mcdermiad is confirmed to be a full-fledged part of the cast, he's been there at the official Celebration panel, his evil laugh is part of the teaser trailer, and he's now in the official poster. So Palpatine is definitely in the movie, we just don't know in what capacity. I personally doubt he's alive in flesh, but there are so many alternatives to that. He could be there as just a manifestation to someone, a Sith holocron, a spirit/consciousness tied to a certain Sith relic or artifact (Like the Sith Lord Momin whose physical body was destroyed, but his consciousness survived inside a mask, or like numerous Sith lords in KOTOR). The latter is actually my theory, especially after I saw those ruins of the second Death Star (where Palpatine allegedly died at the end of Episode VI) in the teaser trailer  - I could well imagine that Palpatine's consciousness survived in the remains of the Death Star on Endor. Could even have been the ring from the Death Star Wreckage that Snoke was wearing and it was Palpatine possessing his body planning everything all along the way. I have an even wilder theory where Palpatine possibly preserved his spirit in Darth Vader's helmet, waited there for years until opportunity arose and then manipulated Ben Solo into turning to the Dark Side and becoming Kylo Ren, it all being part of his master plan. Either way, hail the Emperor!  h15095.gif

xD 

• Subscriber

New "special look" trailer for The Rise of Skywalker that was screened in the D23 during the weekend:

:o :o :o 

New Palpatine dialogue. Darth Vader's breathing. Dark Rey with a badass double blade saber. The resistance fleet coming out of hyperspace. Death Star visuals and original Imperial Star Destroyers. A "possesed" C-3P0. Princess Leia. Kylo and Rey fighting in a setting that visually resembles the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar. 

It looks incredibly good!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, nudge said:

New "special look" trailer for The Rise of Skywalker that was screened in the D23 during the weekend:

:o :o :o 

New Palpatine dialogue. Darth Vader's breathing. Dark Rey with a badass double blade saber. The resistance fleet coming out of hyperspace. Death Star visuals and original Imperial Star Destroyers. A "possesed" C-3P0. Princess Leia. Kylo and Rey fighting in a setting that visually resembles the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar. 

It looks incredibly good!

Are we discussing potential plot-lines in the open here or do we need to use spoiler tags?

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Are we discussing potential plot-lines in the open here or do we need to use spoiler tags?

Hmm I think there's no need for spoiler tags as long as we're just speculating about them... Go ahead :D

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Hmm I think there's no need for spoiler tags as long as we're just speculating about them... Go ahead :D

Well from what I have been reading and the fact that they showed a Dark Rey in the trailer as well the idea is that the Rise of Skywalker has nothing to really do with Rey and more to do with Kylo Ren. It would be nice after all hes done to see some redemption for basically murdering his father and the other idea floating around (as ludicrious as this sounds) is that they are bringing in Clone War elements. The idea now is that they've found a way to clone subjects to have Jedi-Like abilities and the theory there is that Rey has implanted memories and the mirror-effect scene she has when she touches the light-saber which eventually goes to Luke is a recall on all the possibilities of the cloning process. This then leads back to Palpatine and how he has successfully managed to clone Rey and thus we're seeing a Sith version which she will fight eventually with the help of Ren. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Well from what I have been reading and the fact that they showed a Dark Rey in the trailer as well the idea is that the Rise of Skywalker has nothing to really do with Rey and more to do with Kylo Ren. It would be nice after all hes done to see some redemption for basically murdering his father and the other idea floating around (as ludicrious as this sounds) is that they are bringing in Clone War elements. The idea now is that they've found a way to clone subjects to have Jedi-Like abilities and the theory there is that Rey has implanted memories and the mirror-effect scene she has when she touches the light-saber which eventually goes to Luke is a recall on all the possibilities of the cloning process. This then leads back to Palpatine and how he has successfully managed to clone Rey and thus we're seeing a Sith version which she will fight eventually with the help of Ren. 

Yes, I've also read about the fan theory of Rey being a clone (or rather one of the many clones); quite a bit of it makes sense as it's very unlikely it's the "real" Rey that has turned to the Dark Side (regardless of how much I would like that to happen) + that vision of hers after touching the lightsaber in the previous movie definitely provides some support for it + the fact that her parents are pretty much non-existent + the Empire having cloning technologies. Another suggestion is it being a sort of a force vision again; especially since the visuals look a bit weird and her saber is crackling like Kylo's - maybe indicating it could be a vision that Kylo is having? But at this point I'm actually leaning more towards the clone theory as it would make a good plot line and it's also cooler haha. 

As for the title of the movie, I'm also pretty sure it indeed alludes to Kylo Ren - after all, he's the only one in the Skywalker line that's still there, I believe? Him redeeming himself and finishing the evil/Palpatine/whatever would kind of be a fitting ending to the 'Skywalker Saga'.

What I'm very intrigued about is Darth Vader's breathing that can be heard in the new trailer. I think it might confirm my previous theory that it's Palpatine who manipulated Ben Solo into turning to the Dark Side and becoming Kylo Ren by giving him those 'grandfather' Vader visions through the mask (which we also see again in the new trailer). 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, I've also read about the fan theory of Rey being a clone (or rather one of the many clones); quite a bit of it makes sense as it's very unlikely it's the "real" Rey that has turned to the Dark Side (regardless of how much I would like that to happen) + that vision of hers after touching the lightsaber in the previous movie definitely provides some support for it + the fact that her parents are pretty much non-existent + the Empire having cloning technologies. Another suggestion is it being a sort of a force vision again; especially since the visuals look a bit weird and her saber is crackling like Kylo's - maybe indicating it could be a vision that Kylo is having? But at this point I'm actually leaning more towards the clone theory as it would make a good plot line and it's also cooler haha. 

As for the title of the movie, I'm also pretty sure it indeed alludes to Kylo Ren - after all, he's the only one in the Skywalker line that's still there, I believe? Him redeeming himself and finishing the evil/Palpatine/whatever would kind of be a fitting ending to the 'Skywalker Saga'.

What I'm very intrigued about is Darth Vader's breathing that can be heard in the new trailer. I think it might confirm my previous theory that it's Palpatine who manipulated Ben Solo into turning to the Dark Side and becoming Kylo Ren by giving him those 'grandfather' Vader visions through the mask (which we also see again in the new trailer). 

I'd personally like some clone-wars closure and also you're right they've never alluded to Rey having any kind of Skywalker lineage so she might just spawn a brand new arc for them to take into future movies (we all know they want to do more). I figured Palpatine was just done with at the end of Episode 6 but it seems like they want to milk that angle again to see how much they can squeeze out of it. Also makes sense why we've never seen the true hand running the entire set of events either. 

They've got a lot of closing to do in this one movie but I think its possible and the only downside is that JJ Abrams is doing the directing so we'll see some unwanted twist only to run it to resolution and maybe some unanswered questions. The other thing that they've alluded to in the previous movies is non-Jedi people having abilities like Finn using the saber as well and he is the sem-Hans Solo of this movie with a different entry so that will also play a part in all of this more on the Rey side than the Ren side. 

As for the Vader reference its all being used to setup Ren for failure and drive him to do better which is what he showed in EP7 and then runs it to EP8 with more failure on his head. This is what they'll use to turn him to the light is my guess and that little character change will not be brought about by Rey but more-so by finding out that the emperor is still around running the show and his realization that both his parents are no longer around to help him. Classic Star Wars.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Okay. I'm excited for star wars again.

Honestly that's exactly how I feel. I mean I still enjoyed the novels as well as stand-alone movies but was very disappointed with the sequels - but now I have a good feeling that The Rise of Skywalker will actually manage to tie all nine movies together and bring a satisfying end to the Skywalker Saga. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

I'm almost certain, much like with Finn wielding a light saber was misdirection, I think the scene with Rey is almost certainly the same. Maybe similar to Empire Strikes back where Luke faces his fears. Personally I hope not, dark side Rey would make so much more sense than Mary Sue arse kicking nobody.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'm almost certain, much like with Finn wielding a light saber was misdirection, I think the scene with Rey is almost certainly the same. Maybe similar to Empire Strikes back where Luke faces his fears. Personally I hope not, dark side Rey would make so much more sense than Mary Sue arse kicking nobody.

I think that if 'Dark Rey' is a vision then it's most likely Kylo's vision - given that the apparel she's wearing is similar to his and the saber seems to be unstable too with all those crackling sounds. There was a suggestion (or a "leak" if one believes it) on fan boards a while ago that

Kylo will visit some sort of Oracle in Episode IX so this could potentially be what he sees there