talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I think that if 'Dark Rey' is a vision then it's most likely Kylo's vision - given that the apparel she's wearing is similar to his and the saber seems to be unstable too with all those crackling sounds. There was a suggestion (or a "leak" if one believes it) on fan boards a while ago that

Hide contents

Kylo will visit some sort of Oracle in Episode IX so this could potentially be what he sees there

I agree. It's also worth noting that rise of Skywalker, as a title, relates to Ben Solo and not Luke or Leia. I'm almost certain this is his redemption movie. Why else bring back such an iconic villain as Palpatine. Also, props to Iain McDairmid! Such an underrated actor, even if he does ham it up now and then. I still get chills when he says in the Revenge of the Sith

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

• Subscriber
Just now, Batard said:

I agree. It's also worth noting that rise of Skywalker, as a title, relates to Ben Solo and not Luke or Leia. I'm almost certain this is his redemption movie. Why else bring back such an iconic villain as Palpatine. Also, props to Iain McDairmid! Such an underrated actor, even if he does ham it up now and then. I still get chills when he says in the Revenge of the Sith

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Yes we discussed it briefly a few posts above as well and I fully agree. It has to be Ben Solo; nothing else makes sense really. Him defeating Palpatine would be the perfect ending and pretty much the fulfillment of the prophecy about a Skywalker being the "chosen one" to bring the peace to the galaxy - Anakin was the starter of the bloodline hence being the one through whom the ultimate balance in the Force will be restored but the final act of the prophecy belongs to his grandson.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes we discussed it briefly a few posts above as well and I fully agree. It has to be Ben Solo; nothing else makes sense really. Him defeating Palpatine would be the perfect ending and pretty much the fulfillment of the prophecy about a Skywalker being the "chosen one" to bring the peace to the galaxy - Anakin was the starter of the bloodline hence being the one through whom the ultimate balance in the Force will be restored but the final act of the prophecy belongs to his grandson.

Ah! I really should have read the previous posts hahaha

When I was at school in the early 90s, my friends were into Star Wars much more than I and l always stated that in the novels outside of the movies, it was Han and Leia's son that brought balance to the force and not Luke. Although I find this somewhat at odds with what Disney did when they bought the rights to Star Wars, they rendered almost all of that material non-canonical. That said, it does seem JJ is trying to bring the fans back on side so maybe he's lifting ideas from that. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Batard said:

Ah! I really should have read the previous posts hahaha

When I was at school in the early 90s, my friends were into Star Wars much more than I and l always stated that in the novels outside of the movies, it was Han and Leia's son that brought balance to the force and not Luke. Although I find this somewhat at odds with what Disney did when they bought the rights to Star Wars, they rendered almost all of that material non-canonical. That said, it does seem JJ is trying to bring the fans back on side so maybe he's lifting ideas from that. 

Hmmm I'm a big fan of the Expanded Universe/Legends novels and I'm still reading them but I'm struggling to think of the one where Han and Leia's son brings balance to the force? Can't be Jacen as he turned to the Dark Side (and I think he's the inspiration for Ben Solo too!). 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Hmmm I'm a big fan of the Expanded Universe/Legends novels and I'm still reading them but I'm struggling to think of the one where Han and Leia's son brings balance to the force? Can't be Jacen as he turned to the Dark Side (and I think he's the inspiration for Ben Solo too!). 

To be fair, I'm recalling something from over 25 years ago. I've probably horribly misremembered it hahaha

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Batard said:

To be fair, I'm recalling something from over 25 years ago. I've probably horribly misremembered it hahaha

I'm genuinely curious now; if I dig something up while I'm slowly progressing through the novels chronologically I'll let you know :D Could have also been the son of Luke and Mara Jade maybe (also named Ben haha). 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm genuinely curious now; if I dig something up while I'm slowly progressing through the novels chronologically I'll let you know :D Could have also been the son of Luke and Mara Jade maybe (also named Ben haha). 

Please do, just to make sure I'm not totally losing my mind haha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Don’t think one film can redeem this poorly written trilogy. Will still see it though 

Same. And that trailer left me terribly underwhelmed. I don't know if that's because the trailer was poor, or because I've been quite disappointed with the last film. Loved to hear Palpatine talk though.

• Subscriber

Sometimes I wish they'd do shorter trailers and not leak anything to the public. Sadly, using a hype engine is so common these days. Imagine going to the theater and then finding out that Palpatine is around? Totally baffles me how the movie-makers feel when they see their surprises turned to shit by the companies that fund these movies.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I really like the trailer; visually it is stunning and it feels very grandiose and epic. It finally feels Star Wars-like for me. Not sure how good the movie will be and whether or not it will bring a satisfying ending to the saga but one thing for sure it's going to be a feast for the eyes. 

That C-3PO scene though... :61_sob:

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Sometimes I wish they'd do shorter trailers and not leak anything to the public. Sadly, using a hype engine is so common these days. Imagine going to the theater and then finding out that Palpatine is around? Totally baffles me how the movie-makers feel when they see their surprises turned to shit by the companies that fund these movies.

It would be great but I think it's impossible these days with so much information being leaked on social media and whatnot. And I'm not even talking small details; whole plot lines are being leaked and it just takes so much fun away if you don't manage to stay away from it. This trailer I think was one of the better ones in terms of not revealing too much and it seems they're saving the big ones for the big screen.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, nudge said:

It would be great but I think it's impossible these days with so much information being leaked on social media and whatnot. And I'm not even talking small details; whole plot lines are being leaked and it just takes so much fun away if you don't manage to stay away from it. This trailer I think was one of the better ones in terms of not revealing too much and it seems they're saving the big ones for the big screen.

This is why I actively avoid people discussing trailers just because you know someone is going to say "Oh this is what they are going to do" and then you think to yourself that its ruined and all they'll really do on release day is say its a crappy movie when they spend months prior to it discussing the outcome they want based on information that would have made it a great watch had they not known.

Edited by Mel81x

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I'll be watching it on opening day as my cousins will be in town and they are really young and huge fans so I'll take them out.

That's very nice of you. I just bought the tickets for the first day first show too ^_^

• Upvote 1