talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I never intended going to the cinema to watch it, so I dug a little deeper. And the 'leaked' or alleged ending indicates Disney really don't give an arse. I genuinelly think they will reboot this trilogy. 

Alleged ending

Reveal hidden contents

Rey is Palpatine's great grandaughter. Kylo Ren goes back to the light and joins Rey to fight Palpetine. Kylo Ren gets killed off by Palpetine. Rey kills Palpetine and takes on the Skywalker name.

The old Jedi Master's couldn't kill Palpeltine.

Vader couldn't kill Palpetine.

Luke couldn't kill Palpetine.

What kills Palpentine? The darkest and most powerful Sith lord of all time? Feminism.

I mean if you want to read the most detailed alleged leak of the whole plot then this latest PDF by JediPaxis (updated for the recent reshoots) is the one to go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGjmRF0glCopCotQY807SzdssdF_B7OA/view?usp=sharing

I've downloaded it but I'm not opening it until I've seen the movie as I want to still give it a chance but I also want to see how real the leak was afterwards xD 

Be warned though - it's supposedly gives out the whole plot of the movie scene by scene so if you don't want to be potentially spoiled then certainly stay away! Could well be that it's just the Disney people feeding bullshit to the leakers but I'm not taking a risk myself...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean if you want to read the most detailed alleged leak of the whole plot then this latest PDF by JediPaxis (updated for the recent reshoots) is the one to go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGjmRF0glCopCotQY807SzdssdF_B7OA/view?usp=sharing

I've downloaded it but I'm not opening it until I've seen the movie as I want to still give it a chance but I also want to see how real the leak was afterwards xD 

Be warned though - it's supposedly gives out the whole plot of the movie scene by scene so if you don't want to be potentially spoiled then certainly stay away! Could well be that it's just the Disney people feeding bullshit to the leakers but I'm not taking a risk myself...

Just read it. So it's true with the one I read :dash3:

Unbelievable. Those 'walk outs' are 100% justifiable. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

I feel like the series has given too much attention to the Jedi order and not enough backstory to the Siths so when the Skywalker saga is done maybe it would be prudent to show a struggling Sith apprentice (Galen perhaps) as he/she finds their way through a universe that no longer makes sense with the loss of Palpatine. I may be in the minority here but all this force balancing gets a little silly after a while and some chaos over a sustained period adds a fresh take on the entire thing.

A Jedi as an antagonist sounds very appealing to me.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I feel like the series has given too much attention to the Jedi order and not enough backstory to the Siths so when the Skywalker saga is done maybe it would be prudent to show a struggling Sith apprentice (Galen perhaps) as he/she finds their way through a universe that no longer makes sense with the loss of Palpatine. I may be in the minority here but all this force balancing gets a little silly after a while and some chaos over a sustained period adds a fresh take on the entire thing.

A Jedi as an antagonist sounds very appealing to me.

I would love a movie focused on the Sith. Preferably based on the Darth Bane story during the Dark age of the Old Republic. Him being the sole survivor of the Jedi-Sith war, struggling to survive, understanding the weaknesses of the Sith that led to their demise and then reforming the Sith by instituting the Rule of Two, and also devising and initiating the Grand Plan to eradicate the Jedi Order using stealth by infiltrating the Republic and destroying it from within - even if it took a thousand years for the followers of his line to achieve that. I know the Drew Karpyshyn's novel trilogy is not canon anymore but the story still is so it would be great to see it on the big screen. Darth Bane would be a perfect anti-hero. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, nudge said:

I would love a movie focused on the Sith. Preferably based on the Darth Bane story during the Dark age of the Old Republic. Him being the sole survivor of the Jedi-Sith war, struggling to survive, understanding the weaknesses of the Sith that led to their demise and then reforming the Sith by instituting the Rule of Two, and also devising and initiating the Grand Plan to eradicate the Jedi Order using stealth by infiltrating the Republic and destroying it from within - even if it took a thousand years for the followers of his line to achieve that. I know the Drew Karpyshyn's novel trilogy is not canon anymore but the story still is so it would be great to see it on the big screen. Darth Bane would be a perfect anti-hero. 

I can even see the title of the first EP - "The Apprentice" and they could run it as a 2H+ movie with the hunt for an apprentice outside the Old Rep to find someone who Bane thinks will follow the Sith Order and more importantly the rule of two. The only sad thing about all this is that Disney cant market it to little kids so its no go from the start. However, making this into a TV series with impact across older stories filled with laughter and joy is a possibility. 

Realistically you could also run it as a show and have him axe the many characters he meets along the way who he thinks can be his apprentice. Interesting, but I still don't think Disney has the balls to even think this way.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And THAT'S a FACT! 

Hayden Christensen was great; it's just that the script and the dialogues he was given weren't great to work with (to put it mildly) and so Anakin's character was handled clumsily; it lacked nuances and a proper examination of his transition to the dark side. My view of him changed completely after reading (well actually listening to) the novelization of Episode III as it added the whole new level of depth to his character that should have been part of the movie screenplay. I highly recommend it to anyone who haven't read it yet - or even better listen to the audiobook. And then continue with the other two novels that belong to the Dark Lord trilogy together with Revenge of the Sith novelization (Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hayden Christensen was great; it's just that the script and the dialogues he was given weren't great to work with (to put it mildly) and so Anakin's character was handled clumsily; it lacked nuances and a proper examination of his transition to the dark side. My view of him changed completely after reading (well actually listening to) the novelization of Episode III as it added the whole new level of depth to his character that should have been part of the movie screenplay. I highly recommend it to anyone who haven't read it yet - or even better listen to the audiobook. And then continue with the other two novels that belong to the Dark Lord trilogy together with Revenge of the Sith novelization (Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader). 

Have you always been a Star Wars fan? To me it feels like you got into it recently (or just started posting about it recently), but you already know everything about it. xD

I really need to catch up on all of these non main-stream things that went on about Star Wars. But I really hope I get to see a Hayden Christensen cameo as Anakin somewhere in the future. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Have you always been a Star Wars fan? To me it feels like you got into it recently (or just started posting about it recently), but you already know everything about it. xD

I really need to catch up on all of these non main-stream things that went on about Star Wars. But I really hope I get to see a Hayden Christensen cameo as Anakin somewhere in the future. 

I loved the original trilogy as a kid, the prequels not so much and then I kind of forgot all about it and so I didn't bother about the sequels when they were released. Then at some point about two years ago when Episode VIII was released (or was about to be released; I'm not sure anymore) I decided that I wanted to catch up with it after all. So I re-watched the original trilogy and fell in love again. So I continued with the prequels after that and accidentally stumbled upon that Revenge of the Sith novelization audiobook I mentioned in my previous post. It blew me away completely and that was what pushed me into the whole lore of expanded universe of novels, comics, games, animated series etc. - especially since the new sequels turned out to be so disappointing. Since then, I've read around 40+ novels and continue to work my way through the rest in chronological order in both Legends and the new canon simultaneously; I also keep an eye on the comics releases and reference books occasionally. Finished both KOTOR games and am currently in the process of completing the new one (Jedi: Fallen Order). Tried to watch animated series but that's not really my cup of tea. Anyway, in short, I pretty much re-discovered and fell in love with the whole Star Wars universe after some 20 years of not caring about it at all.

It's one of my character traits I guess; when I truly enjoy something I get into it fully and become slightly obsessed and soak in all available information xD 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

I loved the original trilogy as a kid, the prequels not so much and then I kind of forgot all about it and so I didn't bother about the sequels when they were released. Then at some point about two years ago when Episode VIII was released (or was about to be released; I'm not sure anymore) I decided that I wanted to catch up with it after all. So I re-watched the original trilogy and fell in love again. So I continued with the prequels after that and accidentally stumbled upon that Revenge of the Sith novelization audiobook I mentioned in my previous post. It blew me away completely and that was what pushed me into the whole lore of expanded universe of novels, comics, games, animated series etc. - especially since the new sequels turned out to be so disappointing. Since then, I've read around 40+ novels and continue to work my way through the rest in chronological order in both Legends and the new canon simultaneously; I also keep an eye on the comics releases and reference books occasionally. Finished both KOTOR games and am currently in the process of completing the new one (Jedi: Fallen Order). Tried to watch animated series but that's not really my cup of tea. Anyway, in short, I pretty much re-discovered and fell in love with the whole Star Wars universe after some 20 years of not caring about it at all.

It's one of my character traits I guess; when I truly enjoy something I get into it fully and become slightly obsessed and soak in all available information xD 

You missed adding that you've also got a pre-order in on a baby Yoda doll.

Jokes aside, that is some serious reading and research. I can do maybe 20 novels but after that my interest starts to wane unless its all tied together and sometimes its so off-base that you have to forget everything you know and try to enjoy what you're reading.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You missed adding that you've also got a pre-order in on a baby Yoda doll.

Jokes aside, that is some serious reading and research. I can do maybe 20 novels but after that my interest starts to wane unless its all tied together and sometimes its so off-base that you have to forget everything you know and try to enjoy what you're reading.

I most definitely would if it was available for pre-order already xD 

I do a lot of audiobook listening while working...and then I read ebooks whenever I have more free time. I obviously skip the novels that are poorly written or those that fail to keep my attention. Some people tend to think that the Expanded Universe/Legends was a convulated mess; sure there are some contradictions in the stories given that there are hundreds of books written by different people so it's impossible to make sure there are no discrepancies in the details, but I think overall they did a very good job in maintaining continuity and eliminating the inconsistencies through retconning. They  even continue doing that now and often try to refit and reformat the old material into the new one when releasing new canon novels - whenever it's possible. Some new novels are still written in consideration for the old stories. For example,  I've already read the old Thrawn trilogy and now it's been rewritten for the new canon by the same author (Timothy Zahn) who deliberately wrote his new trilogy so that it wouldn't clash with any of his Legends works. That's pretty cool I think. 
The era after Return of the Jedi is obviously problematic now because of the new movie sequels as they wanted to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers who chose to tell the story very differently from how it was told in the Legends in the past (even if they mined a lot of ideas from the old EU for their version of the story - e.g. Ben Solo/Kylo Ren in the new movies is pretty much based on Jacen Solo from the old Legends). I like to consider the differences in events after RotJ in Legends and the new canon simply as two alternative versions of events and so I read both simultaneously and I do think they can co-exist. I personally prefer the old Legends version but there are some great novels in the new canon as well that also make the new version of events much better than the portrayal of those events in the new movies. Currently listening to Claudia Gray's Bloodline audiobook which centers around Leia as a senator 6 years before The Force Awakens and actually explains how the New Republic started to fall apart and how the First Order came into existence. It's fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Not gonna lie, when I read this I immediately thought of this:

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Talking of merchandising... 

Columbia are launching a limited edition 'Light' and 'Darkside' jacket... 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/columbia-launches-limited-edition-star-wars-jackets-dark-side-light-side-colours-11255258/

Star Wars comp

Think whoever comes out with a Baby Yoda outfit for the holiday season is going to make a killing in stores selling them for kids. Then they can do an overstock and sell it again for Halloween and you can recycle that merchandise and make a serious profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@nudge @Bluewolf @Tommy @Mel81x

Quote.thumb.png.c9befd06cd2d3cc0452e15e09906fb3e.png

How Much Would It Cost to Insure Star Wars', Millennium Falcon?

AAK6uZv.img?h=449&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

In the Star Wars movies, we learn that Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon in a card game against Lando Calrissian. That sounds like a good deal—until you consider the cost of insuring one of the fastest starships in the galaxy. Ahead of the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on December 20, 2019, InsuretheGap.com has estimated the annual insurance payments for the Millennium Falcon.

To calculate the interstellar vehicle's value, the insurance company considered a number of factors, including size, weight, modifications, and owner details. It concluded that Han would have had to pay $544,339 a year to fly his ship safely across the galaxy.

The occupational hazards that come with his work are the main reasons for the high number. InsuretheGap.com lists Han Solo as a smuggler and a Rebel, which means that he's more likely to use his vehicle to flee Imperial starships than take a leisurely cruise. The question remains whether Han is the type of owner who would worry about insurance in the first place, but if he were a responsible pilot, the fee he charges Luke and Obi-Wan for passage to Alderaan would only cover a fraction of the annual bill. You can check out the full breakdown in the graphic below.

AAK6mhh.img?h=410&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The Star Wars universe is filled with spacecraft that would take an impressive amount of credits to maintain. The Death Star may be the most expensive piece of technology in the franchise. In 2016, a math professor at Dartmouth College determined that operating the structure would cost the Empire £6.2 octillion a day.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/how-much-would-it-cost-to-insure-star-warss-millennium-falcon/ar-AAK6VUJ

Edited by CaaC (John)
Add tags
  • Haha 2