The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just watched The Duel, the first episode of the Star Wars: Visions anime anthology series. Nothing short of amazing; I really dig the art style and general atmosphere. Shows how much influence old samurai movies had on the franchise, and the transition is impeccable.

star-wars-visions-ronin-the-duel-2986212

star-wars-visions-sith-bandit-leader-the

Screen-Shot-2021-08-17-at-9.16.16-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-07-08-at-9.17.33-PM.png

Apparently there's a graphic novel coming out in October that will expand on this particular story.

41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just watched The Duel, the first episode of the Star Wars: Visions anime anthology series. Nothing short of amazing; I really dig the art style and general atmosphere. Shows how much influence old samurai movies had on the franchise, and the transition is impeccable.

star-wars-visions-ronin-the-duel-2986212

star-wars-visions-sith-bandit-leader-the

Screen-Shot-2021-08-17-at-9.16.16-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-07-08-at-9.17.33-PM.png

Apparently there's a graphic novel coming out in October that will expand on this particular story.

I’ve watched four of them and this is by far the best one. Absolutely stunning. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Rick said:

I’ve watched four of them and this is by far the best one. Absolutely stunning. 

I watched them all after work last night! In general, really enjoyed the whole series - the different art styles, the stories, the anime take on Star Wars. Thought it's just incredible how every episode managed to tell a story in less than 20, sometimes even less than 15 minutes. Amazing.

If I had to rank them, this would be my list:

Loved:

The Duel

The Ninth Jedi

The Village Bride

The Elder

Liked:

Lop and Ochō

Tatooine Rhapsody

Didn't really care for:

Akakiri

T0-B1

The Twins

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I watched them all after work last night! In general, really enjoyed the whole series - the different art styles, the stories, the anime take on Star Wars. Thought it's just incredible how every episode managed to tell a story in less than 20, sometimes even less than 15 minutes. Amazing.

If I had to rank them, this would be my list:

Loved:

The Duel

The Ninth Jedi

The Village Bride

The Elder

Liked:

Lop and Ochō

Tatooine Rhapsody

Didn't really care for:

Akakiri

T0-B1

The Twins

I watches T0-B1, Tatooine Rhapsody, The Twins & The Duel. I feel the exact same about them all as you. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge what is your favourite star wars film? I'm not massively into star wars. If you asked what my favourite one was though  I would actually say rogue 1.

The original trilogy for sure, can't choose a single one from those though, as they all are important to the story!

Rogue One is good, probably the best one out of the new Star Wars movies. 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

The original trilogy for sure, can't choose a single one from those though, as they all are important to the story!

Rogue One is good, probably the best one out of the new Star Wars movies. 

I like the empire strikes back out of the old ones although I prefer rogue one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2021 at 14:01, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge what is your favourite star wars film? I'm not massively into star wars. If you asked what my favourite one was though  I would actually say rogue 1.

I know I'm not nudge, however, I'd ranked the top 5 as the following, and I think there is gap between 5 and the rest. 

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Last Jedi
  5. Rouge One

Then maybe Revenge of the Sith, but afterwards it's just into a muddled mess. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

The Last Jedi

This is the only Star Wars movie that made me fall asleep in the middle of it xD And that says a lot, considering that I also watched The Star Wars Holiday Special! :ph34r:

• Subscriber

This is probably how I'd rank the movies, personally:

A New Hope/Empire Strike Back/Return of the Jedi (I refuse to choose favourites when it comes to the OT)
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Rogue One
The Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi/Attack of the Clones

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is probably how I'd rank the movies, personally:

A New Hope/Empire Strike Back/Return of the Jedi (I refuse to choose favourites when it comes to the OT)
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Rogue One
The Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi/Attack of the Clones

My days...The Phantom Menace drove me nuts. JarJar being an instant headache. 

I rather enjoy TLJ, so I'm not sure how you feel asleep during it...maybe should have watched it with better company! 😄

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rogue One

5. A New Hope

6. The Phantom Menace

7. Attack of the Clones

8/9/10 - New Trilogy. 

Regarding a New Hope, I hope they make another Special Edition and include this scene in it. 😅

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

My days...The Phantom Menace drove me nuts. JarJar being an instant headache. 

I rather enjoy TLJ, so I'm not sure how you feel asleep during it...maybe should have watched it with better company! 😄

I liked the last 30 minutes or so, but among other things, I found the whole Kylo acting like an emo bitch, his and Rey's psychic connection, the side story at Canto Bight quite boring and annoying at times. 

Also, company??? In general, I prefer watching movies alone, to be honest, as then I can fully focus on the movie xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Interesting watch. 

And in the end, not being selected is the best thing that ever happened to him... The abuse Jake Lloyd got (as a kid!) is fucking crazy. Star Wars fanbase is probably the worst there is.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

And in the end, not being selected is the best thing that ever happened to him... The abuse Jake Lloyd got (as a kid!) is fucking crazy. Star Wars fanbase is probably the worst there is.

Yea, Jake Lloyd's demise is really tragic. Got bullied to no end, got arrested for reckless driving etc. later on, and then he's been institutionalized with paranoid schizophrenia last I've heard. I've seen interviews with him like 10 years back, and he really looked sad and troubled. Poor guy. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I liked the last 30 minutes or so, but among other things, I found the whole Kylo acting like an emo bitch, his and Rey's psychic connection, the side story at Canto Bight quite boring and annoying at times. 

Also, company??? In general, I prefer watching movies alone, to be honest, as then I can fully focus on the movie xD 

That Canto Bight was a bit...forgettable. I'll forgive you if that's why you napped. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, Jake Lloyd's demise is really tragic. Got bullied to no end, got arrested for reckless driving etc. later on, and then he's been institutionalized with paranoid schizophrenia last I've heard. I've seen interviews with him like 10 years back, and he really looked sad and troubled. Poor guy. 

You could almost say he fell to the Dark Side... :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, that's awful. The actor who played JarJar Binks also admitted years later that he even considered suicide because of the abuse he got. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Honestly though, that's amazing. We get to see Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and Hayden as Anakin again! Must be a force ghost, surely? Or flashbacks. :35_thinking:

Hopefully both! Flashbacks to the Clone Wars, and then Ahsoka finally reconciling with him as a force ghost. That would be fun...

I'm also very curious about his role in Kenobi and about that advertised "rematch of the century"...

Archived