talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber

Production of Disney's upcoming 'Star Wars' movie delayed

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Production of Walt Disney Co's next "Star Wars" movie has been delayed because director Patty Jenkins is juggling other projects, a source close to the production said on Monday.

AAQsET5.jpeg

© Reuters/Henry Nicholls FILE PHOTO: Premiere of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" in London

"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" is still currently scheduled to reach theaters in December 2023, the source said, but it is possible that date could change.

Jenkins, who directed two "Wonder Woman" movies for Warner Bros, is working on a third movie about the superhero as well as a film about Egyptian queen Cleopatra.

"Rogue Squadron" filmmakers had hoped to complete production in 2022 but realized it would not be possible to meet that timeline due to Jenkins' schedule, the source said. Production has been removed from the 2022 calendar.

Representatives for Jenkins did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Disney has other "Star Wars" movies in the works, including one being developed by Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

The company also plans to release several "Star Wars" TV series on the Disney+ streaming service. Among them, "The Book of Boba Fett" will debut in December and "Obi-Wan Kenobi" is expected next year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/production-of-disneys-upcoming-star-wars-movie-delayed/ar-AAQsJ3F?li=AAnZ9Ug

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

There are rumours that Lucasfilm are developing an Old Republic movie for 2023 instead. Honestly, with so many Star Wars coming up, especially all the new TV series, I really don't care if a Rogue Squadron gets delayed... And I would definitely prefer an Old Republic movie!

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

No trailer :( just the same sizzle reel that leaked yesterday...

The books are cannon, correct? In which ones do they have Obi-Wan and Vader fight a third time? Judging by the dialogue in a New Hope, it's as if they hadn't seen each other in years. So this third fight had to have taken place maybe months or only a few years after Revenge of the Sith?

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The books are cannon, correct? In which ones do they have Obi-Wan and Vader fight a third time? Judging by the dialogue in a New Hope, it's as if they hadn't seen each other in years. So this third fight had to have taken place maybe months or only a few years after Revenge of the Sith?

This fight isn't in any of the books; neither old Legends nor the new Canon! And yes, the new series will be set 10 years after the ROTS, so if this new fight between Obi-Wan and Vader is actually real (as opposed to being a Force Vision or something), then it happens about 9 years before their final fight on the Death Star. 

I'm really eager to see what they have planned. The fight could make sense, especially if it would make Vader and Palpatine believe Kenobi is finally dead - otherwise, I don't think he would have been able to hide in plain sight on Tatooine for another decade, haha.

Looking at the concept art from the sizzle reel, it appears that we'll be seeing Inquisitors again. If Kenobi battles one of the Inquisitors and wins, that would surely attract Vader's attention and I can imagine that he would be eager to find him and get his revenge. Surely not on Tatooine though, it has to be some other planet?...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If "only" a sith deals in absolutes... and that's a pretty absolute statement...

is Obi-Wan a Sith lord?

A random shower thought?... xD 

de0.jpg

Although I'd say that it does hint nicely at the downfall of the Jedi and them losing their way. A bunch of hypocrits. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Anyone else got a Star Wars collection? :4_joy:

20210203_220226.jpg

20210108_154933.jpg

20210109_143026.jpg

20210115_113812.jpg

That's a lot of work put into it... Good stuff.

The only Star Wars collection I have is e-books on my e-reader. 270 old Legends books, 65 new Canon books, and a few standalone/reference ones.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's a lot of work put into it... Good stuff.

The only Star Wars collection I have is e-books on my e-reader. 270 old Legends books, 65 new Canon books, and a few standalone/reference ones.

Think i've shown it you before haven't i? :35_thinking: ..i could be cracking up :4_joy:  ..cool, that's a lot of books, have you read them all? lol  ..i have the old star wars comics (more my level 😋) in PDF if you want them sending to you? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Think i've shown it you before haven't i? :35_thinking: ..i could be cracking up :4_joy:  ..cool, that's a lot of books, have you read them all? lol  ..i have the old star wars comics (more my level 😋) in PDF if you want them sending to you? 

Yep, I've seen it before, as well as your website; you even offered me a discount on any future orders B| xD 

Oh no, haven't read them all yet! Slowly working my way through, haha. I'd say I've read about 50 in total so far... Some of it is absolutely brilliant, some just meh, some utter shite xD 

Thanks for the offer, but I actually read all the comics online :D 

Archived