talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, I've seen it before, as well as your website; you even offered me a discount on any future orders B| xD 

Oh no, haven't read them all yet! Slowly working my way through, haha. I'd say I've read about 50 in total so far... Some of it is absolutely brilliant, some just meh, some utter shite xD 

Thanks for the offer, but I actually read all the comics online :D 

Oh yes, I remember now 😊 ..discount still stands B| ..well it is a lot of books to get through, good luck haha ..just painting this Falcon for a customer 

20220519_105748.jpg

20220519_105810.jpg

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/05/2022 at 10:40, Happy Blue said:

i have the old star wars comics (more my level 

I used to collect these ones back in the day... Had loads in the loft but my Mum threw them out without asking me first.. 

See the source image

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I used to collect these ones back in the day... Had loads in the loft but my Mum threw them out without asking me first.. 

See the source image

These are the ones i have on PDF if you want them ;) ..my mum did the same with my star wars toys from the 1980's :4_joy: worth thousands now 🙈

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

They're really throwing everything at us now. xD

Now that Obi-Wan Kenobi is out, The Acolyte is the one I'm most looking forward to. About time to have a series from the Sith perspective in a timeline we don't know much about...  The show creator is apparently also a massive fan of old Legends books, and will be incorporating some elements into the series! :D 

If the spin-off films and these series have shown us anything it's that Star Wars is filled with so many stories and thrilling action moments that they did not need to release 3 more films directly related to the previous 6. The last two specifically were just boring, the second was essentially the first one re-written and the kids taking over from the previous generation was a stifling choice to take the series forward.

If they ever do release a Star Wars film again, that isn't a spin off as such, they need to take it in a completely new direction and re-imagine the universe rather than wrangling out old storylines further down the family tree.

• Subscriber

...while most of the Star Wars activity currently in the works right now is taking place in proximity to the original trilogy and the prequel movies, it seems there’s more to come from the sequel era of the Star Wars timeline too – with Kathleen Kennedy stating that the upcoming movies will be set closer to the time of Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren than to young Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan.

Speaking to Empire at Celebration, Kennedy confirmed that the sequel era will be explored in the upcoming movies. “We’re moving further beyond the existing sequels as we look to our movie space,” she said. “The sequel era is what we talk a lot about in terms of where we’re going with our movies, and just how far out from that we’ll go. That’s very much the space we’re concentrating on.” The next confirmed Star Wars movie will be Taika Waititi’s as-yet-untitled film, co-written by Krysty Wilson-Cairns, while Patty Jenkins’ Rogue Squadron movie is currently undated, but still in the ether. Kennedy also reiterated that Rian Johnson’s trilogy, announced a long time ago (and very possibly in a galaxy far, far away) is not happening any time soon. “Rian had such a gigantic success with Knives Out that he’s very committed to trying to get that done. So it’ll be a while,” she said. “As you know, we have to work three, five years in advance on what we’re doing. So that’s where that sits.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-upcoming-movies-set-around-sequel-era-kathleen-kennedy-exclusive/

On 27/05/2022 at 11:39, Danny said:

If anyone can bring a dull series back to life then it's Waititi I suppose.

Oh boy I can't wait till he cameos himself as a Space Kiwi and then makes mediocre jokes that people laugh at because he has a funny accent. 🥷

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Been thinking about watching the original trilogy lately. Love those movies, especially the first one, less so Empire and Return.

Don't know if you're aware of it, but Internet Archive site has Harmy's Unspecialized Edition of the original trilogy, which is basically a fan-made recreation of the original theatrical releases in HD. You might prefer it over the altered ones.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't know if you're aware of it, but Internet Archive site has Harmy's Unspecialized Edition of the original trilogy, which is basically a fan-made recreation of the original theatrical releases in HD. You might prefer it over the altered ones.

What’s different about it?

Also, Jedi Tales apparently a Qui-Gon Jinn/Dooku prequel?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I just saw that they are already filming Ahsoka, but it comes out in 2027? What the hell? That's one hell of a post-production. 🤔

No, it's supposed to come out in 2023. Where did you get the 2027 date from? 😅

1 minute ago, nudge said:

No, it's supposed to come out in 2023. Where did you get the 2027 date from? 😅

I think he might have got confused with the release date and when you might finally get round to watching it.... :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I think he might have got confused with the release date and when you might finally get round to watching it.... :ph34r:

It's Star Wars, so that doesn't apply xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, must be some shitty edit, because the actual release date is not yet set, but during the Celebration, Disney confirmed it will be streaming next year :) 

Good. I need more Hayden as Anakin in my life. xD

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I'm more interested in finding out who will play Grand Admiral Thrawn 😅

I saw that some fans want Benedict Cumberbatch, but I don't think they'd get an A-Lister like that for the show. 😬

Archived