talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thats an interesting one but do you have anything to support it? 

Rey is seduced by the answers she desires while Ben becomes repulsed by the answers he's found. Kylo is not going through with killing his mother (Leia), but the first order (General Hux maybe?) will kill her anyway, pushing Kylo more and more away from them. 

Luke is going to refuse to train Rey once he realizes how powerful she is. But now she knows too much and wants to know MORE, which makes her a perfect candidate for the dark side, like Anakin. 

But I don't know if Disney would allow their most iconic female lead to turn evil. 

4 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Why aren't you discussing this, you fucks? I have no friends to discuss this with. Pls, I need you! 

Well I liked the look of the trailer. Have to say that out of all the characters, Kylo Ren is the one I am most intrigued by. I love a real badass guy that 'feels' almost unbeatable and I felt that in the first film he was made to be a bit too weak, especially given Rey got the upper hand on him.

That said, I understand that they did this probably because he is at the start of his own journey and is still developing his skills. Also realistically, he was shot by Chewie so the injury obviously impacted him during his fight with Rey.

It also could be to show that he still has that 'human' side in that he still feels a little good in his heart, remorse etc which was hinted at in the trailer with Princess Leia. You would imagine she will definitely be killed off, it's just a question of whether it's by Kylo or by someone else that upsets Kylo.

• Upvote 1

STAR-WARS-8-POSTER-1090884.thumb.jpg.7a6e3ee8c1ff5afadc1a11bf4dcbb77a.jpg

Been looking at the new film poster and can't help but feel like there's something prominent about Luke being made to look quite dark.

What if he changed to the dark side and Kylo teamed up with Rey to try defeat him? That could be quite the curveball.

I don't think Luke would turn to the dark side, instead I could see him becoming a Gray Jedi. Only on my 10th re-watch I realized that the scene where we see his mechno-arm coming out of the rubble is from a flashback from when Kylo destroyed his Jedi temple. 

16 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I hope these porg fuckers dont have a lot of screentime

Were they already in The Force Awakens? People seem to know what they are, even though I don't remember seeing them before. Seems like a thing Disney brought in for the toy sales lol. 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:48 PM, Lucas said:

Was going to stick this in the trailer thread but given how big the franchise is, I thought it probably deserved it's own thread seeing as it's likely to be the highest grossing/most talked about film of the year.

First official trailer is released. Thoughts?

Who is luke referring to about their raw power? Kylo? Vader? Yoda?

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Rey or Kylo I presume. Trailer has been designed well to reveal lots of teasers including that question. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ren or Kylo I presume. Trailer has been designed well to reveal lots of teasers including that question. 

I made it that Luke was saying to Rey that he'd only ever seen her levels of raw power once before.... i think it cold be yoda.

Also are we settled that Rey is luke's daughter?

Edited by Harry

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

My guess would be Kylo. I think he's referring to the time when he destroyed Luke's Jedi Temple. 

But it could be Vader as well. Remember young Luke in the old movies saying he's not afraid of the dark side? And Yoda tells him "You will be".

16 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

My guess would be Kylo. I think he's referring to the time when he destroyed Luke's Jedi Temple. 

But it could be Vader as well. Remember young Luke in the old movies saying he's not afraid of the dark side? And Yoda tells him "You will be".

Reckon it's Kylo.

On a side note, sometimes  I wonder how awesome Dane Dehaan would have been as Kylo. 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

On a side note, sometimes  I wonder how awesome Dane Dehaan would have been as Kylo. 

I like Dane Dehaan but I think Adam Driver is perfect as Kylo Ren. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Holly Molly! Tsubasa is now Dusseldorf fan and film critic at the same time, wow?!! Maybe I'm losing my mind or I'm not coming often enough here to understand all those transformations. What is next? Probably Kartoffel Soup will change his name to Fender Bender or Leek Salad or something.....