The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

That'd be awesome, but I don't think Disney would make their heroic female lead turn to the dark side. 

She does have a lot of anger which is the path to the darkside and Ren seems conflicted when he comes up against his mothers ship!   ...your right though, everything is too PC for that twist to happen, i bet they make her a lesbian next :coffee:

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Going to see the Last Jedi on Friday. I swear to god, if I read any spoilers here, I'll ban you from the internet entirely. 

Ditto. IMAX at 17:00. Leaving work early to watch it. Can't fucking wait. 

I wasn't a big fan of The Force Awakens. I felt there were way too many recycled plots from the older Star Wars and was completely unoriginal. Sure, the rules to film was there most tid bits were great but the similarities to the original trilogy really annoyed me. I mean Kylo Ren was the son of Han Solo who turned to the dark side? Come on...

Still, I'll definitely see The Last Jedi as a Star Wars fan and hope it introduces new elements rather than just recycle older plots.

Speaking of, I rewatched Rogue One on the plane the other day. Has a few dull moments but I still really enjoy it and think it was a really good film. My only 2 complaints from that was the CGI Tarkin and Darth Vader's voice being off.

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Hate to say it. Was disappointed. 

Same. I loved the first hour or so, and I thought this could potentially be my favourite Star Wars movie so far, but torwards the end it became very predictable and flat and it just sort of...ended. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

Same. I loved the first hour or so, and I thought this could potentially be my favourite Star Wars movie so far, but torwards the end it became very predictable and flat and it just sort of...ended. 

I just left thInking “Oh no. Rhian Johnson is being lined up for more of these”. For all the flak The Force Awakens gets, that and Rogue One were superior to this. 

7 minutes ago, Batard said:

I just left thInking “Oh no. Rhian Johnson is being lined up for more of these”. For all the flak The Force Awakens gets, that and Rogue One were superior to this. 

Agreed. 

Spoilers:

- What was up with that weird dead floating Princess Leia? That was so weird. 

- The Finn/Rose subplot was so pointless. 

- Some of the comedy was out of place and really forced. 

- Benicio del Toro's character was a waste of a great actor. 

- Captain Phasma was once again pointless. 

Anyway, it had it's positives too, mostly Adam Driver and his performance. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Agreed. 

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Completely agree with all that. Plus I’d like to add, and it isn’t a spoiler, but so many of the characters established in the last film are just undermined here.

I was disappointed at the lack of lightsaber action. 

Still. I’ll watch the next one and the one after gladly. It can only get better. I hope.

I found this pretty interesting:

After reading the script for the film, Mark Hamill told director Rian Johnson, "I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you've made for this character [Luke Skywalker]. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you've created and do my best to realize your vision."

• Administrator

Just finished watching this. 

The first 2 points in Tsubasa's spoiler were the points I'd raise too. So out of place. 

Having said that, I enjoyed it on the whole. Probably a bit too long but the good outweigh the bad overall. 

Archived