talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

It’s certainly the case. First film 6pm, quick break, 2nd at 9ish and then release at midnight.

I have to say that is some dedication. It makes sense to watch them one after the other though as you can play catchup and the continuity helps.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yup. Always do it when it’s sequels/trilogies etc. We did Avengers/Age of Ultron/Infinity War/End Game back to back last year!

That's quite extreme! I usually re-watch the previous ones at home before going to watch the new one; don't think I could handle 9 hours at the cinema :7_sweat_smile:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mel81x said:

I have to say that is some dedication. It makes sense to watch them one after the other though as you can play catchup and the continuity helps.

Just now, nudge said:

That's quite extreme! I usually re-watch the previous ones at home before going to watch the new one; don't think I could handle 9 hours at the cinema :7_sweat_smile:

I go probably 3 times a week. I’ve got a limitless card for my local, so it’s only £18 a month and it’s luxury recliner seats. Watched Zombieland on Sunday, going to Midway tomorrow and Frozen 2 Saturday, followed by Le Mans 66 on Sunday!

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I go probably 3 times a week. I’ve got a limitless card for my local, so it’s only £18 a month and it’s luxury recliner seats. Watched Zombieland on Sunday, going to Midway tomorrow and Frozen 2 Saturday, followed by Le Mans 66 on Sunday!

Le Mans 66 is class; watched the premiere last week! 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Who did you have to hold at gun-point to get that kind of a deal?

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I'd get behind that. I watch enough movies per month to think that would work out to be a good deal. Sadly we don't get anything like that here. Not that I am complaining as ticket prices are generally cheap.

• Subscriber

Yeah that sounds like an amazing deal... 

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd get behind that. I watch enough movies per month to think that would work out to be a good deal. Sadly we don't get anything like that here. Not that I am complaining as ticket prices are generally cheap.

How much are the tickets there usually?

25 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Don't you have a family? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Frozen would be £15.75 for an adult ticket on release! It’s well worth it over here.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Walk outs reported 

Well if the movie's rubbish then at least the sequels trilogy is very consistent at being crap xD

Honestly it doesn't even bother me anymore. With The Mandalorian streaming and the Fallen Order game released and both of them being good there's enough Star Wars to be happy about and be hopeful for the future. We can just pretend the sequels never happened...

That said I'm still definitely going to watch it on the release. Want to see the saga end even if it's unsatisfying and plain stupid...

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Walk outs reported 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well if the movie's rubbish then at least the sequels trilogy is very consistent at being crap xD

I never intended going to the cinema to watch it, so I dug a little deeper. And the 'leaked' or alleged ending indicates Disney really don't give an arse. I genuinelly think they will reboot this trilogy. 

Alleged ending

Rey is Palpatine's great grandaughter. Kylo Ren goes back to the light and joins Rey to fight Palpetine. Kylo Ren gets killed off by Palpetine. Rey kills Palpetine and takes on the Skywalker name.

The old Jedi Master's couldn't kill Palpeltine.

Vader couldn't kill Palpetine.

Luke couldn't kill Palpetine.

What kills Palpentine? The darkest and most powerful Sith lord of all time? Feminism.