talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge @Bluewolf @Tommy @Mel81x

Quote.thumb.png.c9befd06cd2d3cc0452e15e09906fb3e.png

How Much Would It Cost to Insure Star Wars', Millennium Falcon?

AAK6uZv.img?h=449&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

In the Star Wars movies, we learn that Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon in a card game against Lando Calrissian. That sounds like a good deal—until you consider the cost of insuring one of the fastest starships in the galaxy. Ahead of the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on December 20, 2019, InsuretheGap.com has estimated the annual insurance payments for the Millennium Falcon.

To calculate the interstellar vehicle's value, the insurance company considered a number of factors, including size, weight, modifications, and owner details. It concluded that Han would have had to pay $544,339 a year to fly his ship safely across the galaxy.

The occupational hazards that come with his work are the main reasons for the high number. InsuretheGap.com lists Han Solo as a smuggler and a Rebel, which means that he's more likely to use his vehicle to flee Imperial starships than take a leisurely cruise. The question remains whether Han is the type of owner who would worry about insurance in the first place, but if he were a responsible pilot, the fee he charges Luke and Obi-Wan for passage to Alderaan would only cover a fraction of the annual bill. You can check out the full breakdown in the graphic below.

AAK6mhh.img?h=410&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The Star Wars universe is filled with spacecraft that would take an impressive amount of credits to maintain. The Death Star may be the most expensive piece of technology in the franchise. In 2016, a math professor at Dartmouth College determined that operating the structure would cost the Empire £6.2 octillion a day.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/how-much-would-it-cost-to-insure-star-warss-millennium-falcon/ar-AAK6VUJ

Yea, right!!! as if Han Solo the smuggler is going to bother with Insurance... xD

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oh I can't watch it; don't want to spoil it for myself! Just wondering where does this come from; I think it hasn't premiered yet anywhere?

Anyway only two days to go! I'll know on Wednesday either way haha.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.d31884ae84bb940f979189c770f48a93.png

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker first reactions: 'Blown away...'

BBY4qt3.img?h=531&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Editor’s note: The opinions in this article are the author’s, as published by our content partner, and do not represent the views of MSN or Microsoft.

The first spoiler-free reactions are in from the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker world premiere in Hollywood.

On Monday night, celebrities, power players and select media got their first look at the film, which concludes the Skywalker Saga after 42 years.

BBXtGD4.img?h=420&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The first-blush tweets are rather adoring raves, with viewers praising The Rise of Skywalker as an emotionally powerful film that’s hugely satisfying despite being a bit overly complicated and imperfect. Here are the first reactions:

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

I actually really liked it. Went in without any expectations because of the two previous movies (especially The Last Jedi) and having read the early reviews I was prepared for the worst. I was positively surprised though. Is it perfect? No. There were a few things that I wish they'd done differently but overall I can't complain. Is it enjoyable? Absolutely. For me it was a really good damage control after the previous two and I'm glad I went to watch it in the cinema. Got some serious Return of the Jedi vibes at times.

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

I actually really liked it. Went in without any expectations because of the two previous movies (especially The Last Jedi) and having read the early reviews I was prepared for the worst. I was positively surprised though. Is it perfect? No. There were a few things that I wish they'd done differently but overall I can't complain. Is it enjoyable? Absolutely. For me it was a really good damage control after the previous two and I'm glad I went to watch it in the cinema. Got some serious Return of the Jedi vibes at times.

Can you put a spoiler tag and tell me if it’s the same as what was leaked? I don’t intend on seeing it until it’s inevitably on the Disney app 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can you put a spoiler tag and tell me if it’s the same as what was leaked? I don’t intend on seeing it until it’s inevitably on the Disney app 

I just read all 18 pages of Jedi Paxis leaks with the updates after reshoots: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGjmRF0glCopCotQY807SzdssdF_B7OA/view to check it haha. It's pretty much spot on but misses a few details; especially a key one regarding the fate of Kylo Ren. Honestly it reads worse than it actually is... I personally didn't like two things only - a lack of proper explanation of how Palpatine "survived" (although there's hints of what happened but it's not specific enough imo) and one scene were Rey hands a lightsaber to Ben through a Force bond (thought that was a bit too much). Other than that I think it was really good. Enjoyed the ending too. The final "fight" against Palpatine felt especially epic and wasn't over the top; visually it was stunning too. Kylo got a satisfying closure. Rey wasn't portrayed as a flawless heroine who saves them all. There were quite a few throwbacks to the original movies without it being too much of a fan service. Good action sequences and no boring unnecessary sub-plots. A hugely superior movie to The Force Awakens and especially The Last Jedi; and I'm sure I will re-watch it at some point. 

• Subscriber

That's the two grandsons been and saw it but Connor (13) wasn't impressed with this one and said the others were better but our son is taking wee Alexander to watch it tonight so I will go by his judgment as an adult and wee Alexander (12). 

Archived