The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Star Wars story or a complete franchise reboot of the new trilogy?

A standalone new movie. Details are very sparse at the moment though.

Just now, Vader said:

He's a decent option, though I hope he doesn't turn Star Wars into a comedy like he did with Thor Ragnarok (even if that movie was excellent)

Haven't seen Thor Ragnarok but loved the Season 1 finale of The Mandalorian that was directed by him so I'm cautiously optimistic!

• Subscriber
On 17/01/2020 at 21:49, nudge said:

A standalone new movie. Details are very sparse at the moment though.

Think he got a taste with Favreau and now has an idea he wants to implement. With most of the main story stuff out of the way I think it might be nice to see a fresh take on Star Wars. Granted its Disney so you won't see anything they don't allow or can't market but I think he'd be good for a movie in the likeness of Rogue One.

Would anyone else like to see the story of Leia? It's something I would be keen on. What happened to her on Alderaan before A New Hope, how she got involved in the wars etc.

It would be a cool thing to see but I also feel it would do worse than the Solo movie, which already did below expectations.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Vader said:

Would anyone else like to see the story of Leia? It's something I would be keen on. What happened to her on Alderaan before A New Hope, how she got involved in the wars etc.

It would be a cool thing to see but I also feel it would do worse than the Solo movie, which already did below expectations.

IDK how fans would honestly react to Skywalker lineage characters anymore but if they were to do some cross-over work with the Obi-Wan series it would make a lot of sense. But, for me personally, I'd like to see a Sith Lord series versus all this good character stuff. There's so much in the lore about how the Sith operate and I think it would be a good show just because you know you'd get deception, death and some killer light-saber work just because the only time you ever see any blade work is when a Sith and Jedi face off. Sadly, this is Disney and they screwed over Dr. Strange for the very reasons a Sith series would be cool so that will clearly never happen.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Vader said:

I personally would struggle with anyone else but Carrie Fisher playing Leia. That said, the story is definitely interesting but there's already a book (Leia, Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray) that tells exactly the same story; I listened to it as an audio book a while ago and absolutely loved it... If you're interested in the story, give it a go. Brilliantly written. 

As for the Solo movie, I personally really enjoyed it. Was skeptical about it at first as living up to Harrison Ford is certainly not an easy feat, but I thought Alden Ehrenreich did a great job. The story was also well written. Hope it gets a proper continuation, maybe as another mini series in the future. 

• Subscriber

Kenobi miniseries has been put on hold :( Hossein Amini's scripts and the story have reportedly been rejected and Lucasfilm are now looking for a new writer. Additionally the reports say that the episode count has been reduced to 4 and that they're even considering making it into a movie instead of a series after all. 

I swear Obi-Wan is cursed.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

OMG.

Do you reckon I could put it in my carry-on or would they make me buy extra seat for it in a flight? xD 

I reckon you get arrested for child trafficking and the person doing the arrest quietly smuggles it out for themselves. This is worse than a ring from those f'ing Tolkien books. 

• Subscriber

Just look at this:

Released test footage from 2010 of the cancelled Star Wars TV show "Underworld," which was to take place in the lower levels of Coruscant. The series was set after the events of Order 66. The video game "1313" was to be a tie-in of this series. Due to the immense cost of shooting the series, as well as the selling of Lucasfilm to Disney, "Underworld" was delayed and eventually cancelled. This footage was produced by Stargate Studios (whose VFX resume includes Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, The Orville) in partnership with Lucasfilm. The VFX technology displayed in the making-of portion is Stargate Studios' impressive real-time rendering Virtual Backlot Live technology.

Why did they have to cancel it; it looks great! 

@Mel81x @Tommy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I'd like to see a story centered around non-Jedi/Sith problems and I think Taika will do exactly that. Of course they'll be around just not central to the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Favreau really is the new hope to saving this main story franchise. Hopefully he and Lucas can make drastic changes. 

First piece of good news is that they're rumored to changing Rey's character. A complete reboot and removing the 'chosen one' title away from her. Lucas and Favreau also intend on utilising Anakin more. 

Thank goodness for that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Jon Favreau really is the new hope to saving this main story franchise. Hopefully he and Lucas can make drastic changes. 

First piece of good news is that they're rumored to changing Rey's character. A complete reboot and removing the 'chosen one' title away from her. Lucas and Favreau also intend on utilising Anakin more. 

Thank goodness for that.

Huh? The Skywalker Saga is over. The new movies are supposed to be a completely new story in the Star Wars Universe with new characters... 

Archived