talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Does it really need one? His back story after Return of the Jedi could be referenced in the Mandalorian. 

My guess is they want to tell more of his story, but don't want him to steal the show in The Mandalorian. Also, it appears that it is supposed to be a mini series that would air before Season 3 of The Mandalorian, so likely an interlude of sorts. I'd personally prefer a new show with new characters (or a Vader series, if we have to return to the old ones), but wouldn't say no to more quality Star Wars content either way...

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

My guess is they want to tell more of his story, but don't want him to steal the show in The Mandalorian. Also, it appears that it is supposed to be a mini series that would air before Season 3 of The Mandalorian, so likely an interlude of sorts. I'd personally prefer a new show with new characters (or a Vader series, if we have to return to the old ones), but wouldn't say no to more quality Star Wars content either way...

I'd agree. Give me a Vader series that takes place straight after Revenge of the Sith. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I'd agree. Give me a Vader series that takes place straight after Revenge of the Sith. 

I think a lot of people would love to see this honestly but I think Disney will wait and slowly milk the cow. The Kenobi series and now this Fett spin-off will keep the money coming in for a while.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think a lot of people would love to see this honestly but I think Disney will wait and slowly milk the cow. The Kenobi series and now this Fett spin-off will keep the money coming in for a while.

Plus the Cassian Andor series that is currently being developed and another untitled new series that is supposed to be an action thriller with martial arts elements written by Leslye Headland.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave Prowse, the Bristolian former bodybuilder best known for playing Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, has died aged 85.

Prowse was cast as Vader for his imposing physique, even though the role was voiced by James Earl Jones.

But the weightlifter-turned-actor was most proud of playing the Green Cross Code Man. The role, promoting road safety in the UK, earned him an MBE.

"May the force be with him, always!" said his agent Thomas Bowington.

R.I.P :(

David Prowse, who portraited Darth Vader in the original SW saga passed away. RIP

Dave Prowse as Darth Vader in Star Wars

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Dave Prowse, the Bristolian former bodybuilder best known for playing Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, has died aged 85.

Prowse was cast as Vader for his imposing physique, even though the role was voiced by James Earl Jones.

But the weightlifter-turned-actor was most proud of playing the Green Cross Code Man. The role, promoting road safety in the UK, earned him an MBE.

"May the force be with him, always!" said his agent Thomas Bowington.

R.I.P :(

David Prowse, who portraited Darth Vader in the original SW saga passed away. RIP

Dave Prowse as Darth Vader in Star Wars

RIP... :( 

I remember people were having issues of Ben not remembering R2D2, but after rewatching the scene, I think it works? The way Ben states "I don't remember ever owning a droid", seems like cheeky dig at R2 regarding the fact he was Anakins' droid and not his. 

• Subscriber

A lot of Star Wars news coming from the Investor Day today.

@Tommy I bet this one is going to make you excited...

Wait for it...

Other news:

Over the next few years, roughly 10 Star Wars series will be released on Disney+.

Ahsoka TV series has been announced, as expected. Another new show, titled Rangers of the New Republic, will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian. Both in the hands of Filoni and Favreau!

f90xu2vazf461.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

The previously announced Cassian Andor series will be released in 2022.

qr6vlwyszf461.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Another one, called The Acolyte, will be a mystery thriller following the Dark side emerging during the end of the High Republic era. Think @Mel81x will be looking forward to this... I know I will.

92b6yxbu1g461.jpg?width=949&auto=webp&s=

One more: Lando gets a TV series too!

2tl7jcc61g461.png?width=924&auto=webp&s=

New animated series/movies:

A Droid Story

Visions (animated short stories - anime)

Patty Jenkins will direct a new Star Wars film called "Legends of Rogue Squadron", coming out Christmas of 2023.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, nudge said:

Another one, called The Acolyte, will be a mystery thriller following the Dark side emerging during the end of the High Republic era. Think @Mel81x will be looking forward to this... I know I will.

92b6yxbu1g461.jpg?width=949&auto=webp&s=

This why i both appreciate and loathe Disney. Hey guys we've got a new franchise lets just overload everyone with as many shows as we can till they are sick of them.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This why i both appreciate and loathe Disney. Hey guys we've got a new franchise lets just overload everyone with as many shows as we can till they are sick of them.

I get your point, but I'm a simple person - I see new Star Wars content, I get excited xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Oh don't get me wrong. A Sith-based show trumps anything else in the SW universe for me.

Have you read the Darth Bane trilogy and the Darth Plagueis novel? Both not canon anymore, but one of the finest SW books ever, and both tell the story from the Sith point of view! The audiobooks are even better.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

Have you read the Darth Bane trilogy and the Darth Plagueis novel? Both not canon anymore, but one of the finest SW books ever, and both tell the story from the Sith point of view! The audiobooks are even better.

God bless you. I just added them to my iPad for my week long trip. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

For a moment there, you got me very excited as I thought it's the "real" full trailer :7_sweat_smile:

The concept art at the end of the teaser looks very good... I'm looking forward to this show; loved Rogue One and think a Star Wars spy thriller series has a lot of potential...

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

For a moment there, you got me very excited as I thought it's the "real" full trailer :7_sweat_smile:

The concept art at the end of the teaser looks very good... I'm looking forward to this show; loved Rogue One and think a Star Wars spy thriller series has a lot of potential...

Yeah Rogue One probably the stand out of any of the new Disney Films. Why? Probably because Tony Gilroy told Kathleen Kennedy to fuck off. xD

Glad she got sacked. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah Rogue One probably the stand out of any of the new Disney Films. Why? Probably because Tony Gilroy told Kathleen Kennedy to fuck off. xD

Glad she got sacked. 

Sacked? Isn't she the president of Lucasfilm? xD 

Just now, nudge said:

Sacked? Isn't she the president of Lucasfilm? xD 

Her contract won't be renewed for 2021. She's gone. 

It's no surprise really when you think about it. The only real success of the new Star Wars Universe came in projects she either had a minor role in (Rogue One) or had nothing to do with it (The Mandalorian)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Her contract won't be renewed for 2021. She's gone. 

It's no surprise really when you think about it. The only real success of the new Star Wars Universe came in projects she either had a minor role in (Rogue One) or had nothing to do with it (The Mandalorian)

I liked Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian, and I also enjoyed The Rise of Skywalker.

The only one I truly disliked was The Last Jedi.

Who's set to replace her? 

Archived