• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Started rewatching the original trilogy today. Still love it haha. Will move to the prequels and the sequels afterwards!

If into the sequels you go, only pain will you find! 

Prequels master race! They're corny, the dialogues are often terrible, but it sticks true to the story, and Episode III is still my favourite Star Wars movie. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Tommy said:

If into the sequels you go, only pain will you find! 

Prequels master race! They're corny, the dialogues are often terrible, but it sticks true to the story, and Episode III is still my favourite Star Wars movie. 

Yeah. I'm not expecting much, and it will take some time before I'm done with the originals and the prequels anyway... Watched Episode IV yesterday, haven't seen it for over twenty years haha. Still as good as ever.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Has any of you gotten into Star Wars books? I just picked up a few audiobooks; The Dark Lord Trilogy which consist of three novels telling the story of the final days of the Republic and the transformation of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader (so basically events between the Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith and the immediate aftermath); and Darth Plagueis, a novel that tells the backstory of well, Darth Plagueis...

First one in the Dark Lord Trilogy:

610i51IbYiL._SL500_.jpg

Loving it so far; the narration is brilliant and the audiobooks all have classic sounds, voices and music integrated into them :o 

• Subscriber

So I'm done with the Labyrinth of Evil and now halfway through Revenge of the Sith (the novelisation of the Episode III) which is over 800 minutes, and I must say it's absolutely incredible. @Tommy you should definitely check it out, especially since you like Episode III and Anakin so much! I must say the audiobooks completely changed my stance on him as it stays true to the movie, but delves much deeper and thus makes the transition of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader completely understandable and believable for me. Love it. The third part of the trilogy, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, will be the next one to complete the story.

After that, I'm going into Darth Plagueis trilogy that explores the Old Republic and the rise and fall of the first order of the Sith roughly 1000 years before A New Hope; Darth Bane trilogy telling the story of the master of Darth Sidious; Kenobi that covers the events after he moves to Tatooine after Episode III; and Han Solo Trilogy that chronicles the life of young Han. That should cover me for the next few months xD 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Danny said:

Are they stopping the spin off films to focus on the actual Star Wars films? The spin offs have been the best so far

The spin offs are apparently "on hold" after Solo didn't do as well as expected at box office... So they are apparently focusing on the Episode IX and the concept of the next trilogy after that. Which is a shame. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They are inevitably flushing the franchise down the toilet. Think the only film that was bearable was Rogue one. 

I thought the first half of Rogue One was boring and mediocre at best, but it got much better afterwards and I quite enjoyed it. Have you seen Solo? I loved it.

I'm currently deep into the Extended Universe (mostly the old Legends instead of the new Disney Canon), and there's so much good material that would make brilliant stories for any spinoff  standalone movies... 

I wonder who is starring in this show though. Some people mentioned Pedro Pascal. I was surprised that Bryce Dallas Howard is co-directing. I think she never directed before. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wonder who is starring in this show though. Some people mentioned Pedro Pascal. I was surprised that Bryce Dallas Howard is co-directing. I think she never directed before. 

Pedro Pascal rumour has apparently been denied; but nothing official of course. John Leguizamo has been rumoured too. The series premise sounds promising; hope they manage to pull it off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Prequel Series Announced for Disney Streaming Service

Yet another brand new live-action Star Wars series is coming to Disney’s streaming service and will serve as a prequel to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Disney Chairman Bob Iger revealed the new series on the fourth quarter earnings call for investors. The series will feature Diego Luna’s Cassian Andor in the early formation of the Rebel Alliance, set before the events of Rogue One, and will premiere exclusively on Disney+, which is the newly revealed name of the company’s upcoming streaming service.

The official Star Wars website described the series:

“The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced.”

Luna addressed returning to the character of Cassian Andor in a statement to the site.

“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

https://talkiesnetwork.com/2018/11/08/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-prequel-series-announced-for-disney-streaming-service/

• Subscriber

This series looks good so will have to keep an eye out for it and try not to miss it, but I got hooked on Star Trek, The Next Generation series that anything else really went on the back burner as that (TNG) came first before anything else.  

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

PEDRO PASCAL REVEALED AS THE MANDALORIAN

Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian.

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

“We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to,” says Executive Producer Jon Favreau.

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019.

https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pascal-revealed-as-the-mandalorian

That's quite the cast! :o 

Archived