Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
18 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Stan! 

Does this mean you've left TFF?

lol that's gonna die out anyway.

18 hours ago, Dan said:

The absolute mercenary. Straight on here the second he was offered an admin role. Is this basically Red Bull TFF?

haha apart from being one of the original members who clubbed together to start this!

• 3 weeks later...

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy says he has received death threats and his family have been targeted since Claudio Ranieri was sacked as manager.

The 30-year-old blamed "hurtful" and "false" accusations he influenced the club's decision to sack the Italian.

Ranieri left in February, nine months after winning the Premier League, with the club 17th in the table. His successor, Craig Shakespeare, later denied reports of a player revolt.

"It is terrifying," Vardy said.

"I read one story that said I was personally involved in a meeting after the Sevilla game when I was actually sat in anti-doping for three hours.

"But then the story is out there, people pick it up and jump on it and you're getting death threats about your family, kids, everything."

Vardy said he was able to "get on with it" but added: "When people are trying to cut your missus up while she's driving, with the kids in the back of the car, it's not the best."

BBC Sport understands some Leicester players were summoned to meet the club's chairman after a 2-1 Champions League defeat by Sevilla, and Ranieri's fate was sealed by the negative reaction.

With Shakespeare in charge - first as caretaker and later on a deal until the end of the season - the Foxes have won four successive matches, moving up to 15th, six points above the relegation zone.

That run includes a 2-0 victory in their last-16 second leg with Sevilla which leaves them as England's only representative in the quarter-finals.

"If there was an issue, you went and did it in the gaffer's office or you went and did it on the tactics board, because he was happy for you to come in and put your opinion across," Vardy added of Ranieri's time in charge.

"The stories were quite hurtful to be honest with you. A lot of false accusations were being thrown out there and there was nothing we, as players, could do about it.

"We just had to put it to the back of our minds and concentrate on the football."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39334196

Mafia wars

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Now he wants to sue for the media reporting his arrest.

Lol.

/thread back alive 

can we sue for his shiteness this season :ph34r: 

• Administrator
Just now, HK85 said:

The someone behind me comment was interesting. Shakespeare? 

who knows. Claudio is classy enough to not throw anyone under the bus and I love that he's not given Sky what they seemingly want. 

And he denied all concept or notion of a 'player revolt' as was so focussed on by the media so I hope that that stops getting reported. 

I doubt Shakespeare did to be honest. But he says he spoke with them face to face anyway. What's done is done. If Claudio can get over it then so should everyone else!

• Subscriber

Teso's just bitter because ever since he's supported Man Utd (probably since they signed Di Maria) they've been outdone by some nobodies. It's natural.

Ranieri's how I expected him. Not giving too much away. Disagree with some of the things he said, for example Sevilla away being a turning point - we were lucky that wasn't about 7-1.

But his relationship with the fans, by and large, will never be tainted. I'm glad we sacked him. Because not only would it have been bad for us, it would've been a massive blot on what happened last year. No-one on the planet can convince me we were doing anything but going down under him this season. I'm glad that it was never allowed to happen.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Since di maria xD please, i was a member of TFF way before stan came around, when they had decent people running it like Lucas the juventus fan and guess what? I was a man utd fan back then, nice try though 

what do you want? A cookie?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wilfred Ndidi insists there is “something special” about Leicester City and believes the club will keep hold of their star players.

The 20-year-old has quickly established himself as a key member of Leicester’s first-choice line-up following his £16million move in January.

So impressive have his performances been that there has already been speculation that City will face a battle to hold on to the Nigeria international in the summer.

Kasper Schmeichel and Riyad Mahrez have also been linked with moves away in recent weeks, but Ndidi believes City will keep the squad together despite being unable to offer European football next season following their Champions League exit at the hands of Atletico Madrid.

“I think our best players will stay,” said Ndidi. “I am very happy here, it is more than I expected.

“I’ve not known a team like Leicester before, we are something special. The team is doing good now and we are happy about it.”

Ndidi has been active in killing off speculation about his future. Earlier this month, reports from Nigeria claimed to have quoted Ndidi’s agent as saying the midfielder would leave if Manchester United came knocking.

Ndidi took to Twitter to quash the speculation, saying he had never heard of the agent who was quoted and insisted he was “200 per cent behind Leicester”.

City captain Wes Morgan also believes the squad will stay together, saying that “everyone loves it” at the club.

He's making the right noises in the media and making the right moves on the pitch. He's not been faultless, but there's obviously a big talent there and I expect him to have a very strong year next time out.

I hope there's something behind what he's saying as well. We'd do well to hold onto the likes of Schmeichel now.

Edited by Dan