talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Great news. The only bummer is that we started with the training facilities first rather than this as we've just happened to have the one-off perfect opportunity to expand the ground over the past year and a bit, but never mind, just sods law

Would have been a bit odd expanding the ground without knowing when fans would be back though. Training ground was in the planning for a good few years so I guess they took the sensible option. 

I'd also imagine that work on expanding the ground will probably occur even when fans have come back to the stadium. And perhaps finished in summer ready for next season. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Would have been a bit odd expanding the ground without knowing when fans would be back though. Training ground was in the planning for a good few years so I guess they took the sensible option. 

I'd also imagine that work on expanding the ground will probably occur even when fans have come back to the stadium. And perhaps finished in summer ready for next season. 

That is true, but I'm not saying we made an error - I think we all knew we'd eventually be back. I just think it was sods law with the timing. We'd committed to starting the training ground pre-covid.

I don't know how long the ground itself will take. Will feel quite surreal thinking about it. I'm so used to our place.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fofana apparently fucked up his leg. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've just seen the challenge on some Facebook group. Disgusting challenge for a pre season game

The absolute cunt that is Fer Nino. Utterly disgusting as you say. Revenge for a small tackle Fofana did moments earlier. Nino did the standard Spanish thing of writhing around as if suffering an injury that Fofana did. Then comes back on totally fine and does that. 

It's fucking horrendous. 

Actually sickened me watching it. Clear ankle or leg break by looks of it. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That will be Leicester going hell bent for a new centre back now. No way he plays for the majority of the season.

I think we'd be extremely fortunate to see him this season.

Tarkowski's price probably just inflated a little. I think even getting someone like Cahill on a free would be worthwhile. At least until Evans comes back. 

We've been heavily linked with Kabak, too. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seen the reaction. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not good but it’s not worth the reaction so far. 

Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse to be honest. People are just up in arms because of the injury, as opposed to it being a bad tackle - bit over the top to be honest.

It's not a great challenge, but it's the awkward footing that does the damage, nothing you won't see again and again across the season.

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think we'd be extremely fortunate to see him this season.

Tarkowski's price probably just inflated a little. I think even getting someone like Cahill on a free would be worthwhile. At least until Evans comes back. 

We've been heavily linked with Kabak, too. 

I think Kabak's some ways behind Fofana in quality, unfortunately.

I think Tarkowski would be the best out of those names, but the price is probably too high.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seen the reaction. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not good but it’s not worth the reaction so far. 

39 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse to be honest. People are just up in arms because of the injury, as opposed to it being a bad tackle - bit over the top to be honest.

It's not a great challenge, but it's the awkward footing that does the damage, nothing you won't see again and again across the season.

Weirdos. It's a fucking dirty challenge in a friendly. Not necessary at all. He's scissored his leg and it was totally unavoidable. 100% that happens to an Everton player and you would not have the same reaction. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Kabak's some ways behind Fofana in quality, unfortunately.

I think Tarkowski would be the best out of those names, but the price is probably too high.

Not saying Kabak is mate but right now we only have Soyuncu as a reliable CB. Evans is injured, Amartey isn't that great, Nelson is very young despite highly-rated. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weirdos. It's a fucking dirty challenge in a friendly. Not necessary at all. He's scissored his leg and it was totally unavoidable. 100% that happens to an Everton player and you would not have the same reaction. 

Not saying Kabak is mate but right now we only have Soyuncu as a reliable CB. Evans is injured, Amartey isn't that great, Nelson is very young despite highly-rated. 

If Schalke do end up releasing Kabak, he's worth a punt on a free transfer...

... but honestly as someone who's been a fan of a club in a similar position (but with even fewer senior CBs to call on at times), honestly think going with kids (even if they're a bit shit like Rhys Williams) could be a better option than spending money on Kabak.

Not that Kabak is totally shite or anything, he's got potential. I just think he's got plenty of flaws you'd... almost sort of expect in a CB of his age... and that's probably true of CBs you have at Leicester already. It might be better for players already at Leicester than trying to buy Kabak and polish him into something better.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Absolutely agree with you both. When I saw the comments I was expecting a horror tackle and while it’s not great it’s also nowhere near as bad as being made it. Unfortunate more than anything. That’s the emotion of losing a player to injury talking though 

• Subscriber

I am just absolutely fucking sick tonight. Think I'm more gutted than any loss last season for example. The third absolutely crucial player gone to a horror injury in under 18 months. It's horrendous luck.

We'd been excellent tonight before that. You could tell it totally knocked everything out of us. Could tell very early on it was a bad one. Was really good to be back but feels like we've lost a meaningful game 6-0. Gutted for him and a massive loss for us.

• Subscriber

For what it's worth - he definitely went in a bit hard deliberately, in retaliation to this:

I don't think he intended that outcome but there was definitely some malice in it.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't think he intended that outcome but there was definitely some malice in it.

Don't be silly. Just a normal tackle mate. Obviously. Happens every game. Fofana should have just got straight back up. 

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

For what it's worth - he definitely went in a bit hard deliberately, in retaliation to this:

Forgetting the context of the situation, personally, I think if any one of our players get's sent off for that challenge, we'd be livid.

I can understand the anger and frustration of losing a top player in a friendly but when the dust settles, I think most Leicester fans will see it was unfortunate.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Forgetting the context of the situation, personally, I think if any one of our players get's sent off for that challenge, we'd be livid.

I can understand the anger and frustration of losing a top player in a friendly but when the dust settles, I think most Leicester fans will see it was unfortunate.

I agree somewhat but there was definitely malice. Like I say, I don't think the intention was for him to break Fofana's leg at all, I don't think it was quite that sinister, but there was definitely a bit of revenge in it. It's far too coincidental to not have.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. 

This 'unfortunate' aspect people keep bringing him. Think about why? 

He's flown in in a scissor motion which isn't really allowed in any game, let alone it being a friendly. It was vengeful. And malicious. I don't get what else people are seeing? 

Even if it's emotion talking now I don't see how it'll ever just be 'unfortunate'. It was deliberate even without the context of what happened a few minutes before. Nino embarrassed himself with his feigning agony and then miraculously recovered to do that. 

It actually disappoints me people just see it as unfortunate. If he doesn't go flying in like that there's no talk of fortune, or lack of. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. 

This 'unfortunate' aspect people keep bringing him. Think about why? 

He's flown in in a scissor motion which isn't really allowed in any game, let alone it being a friendly. It was vengeful. And malicious. I don't get what else people are seeing? 

Even if it's emotion talking now I don't see how it'll ever just be 'unfortunate'. It was deliberate even without the context of what happened a few minutes before. Nino embarrassed himself with his feigning agony and then miraculously recovered to do that. 

It actually disappoints me people just see it as unfortunate. If he doesn't go flying in like that there's no talk of fortune, or lack of. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

I think what you have is those of us judging the challenge for the first time from the outside looking in, verses Leicester fans such as yourself that are extremely emotional losing a big player, have watched a bit of context to go with the game, scrolled countless social media posts relating to it and really built up a venomous reaction to it which doesn't totally relate to what we're seeing on first time view.

I totally get it, I'm sure any of us would be the same if it happened to one of our own, you convince yourself it was reckless, nasty, premeditated etc because you are protective of your own.

But judging the challenge on a first time glance without any of the other bits influencing our judgement, it doesn't feel like one of those really bad one's IMO.

Not on a wind up here either, genuinely feel for you losing a quality player but for me it's just really bad luck.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

So annoying though. Everything about the night had gone as well as you could've hoped up until that. Was fantastic being back there again, best atmosphere I've been to for a friendly, actually felt like a league game for large parts. We played some great stuff at times. Just sickening to lose one of the key men yet again. Three seasons in a row FFS.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's the fact Fofana 'hurt' (definitely didn't) him about 5 minutes before. It's just too big a coincidence.

Yeah, I've no doubts he's probably waited to see when Fofana is next on the ball to give him a bit back but it's not reckless.

It's just horribly unlucky it's turned into a bad one for Fofana. Could easily have walked away from it with nothing and for all the hate the Villarreal bloke received, he did win the ball. It was just a bad tangle.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I've no doubts he's probably waited to see when Fofana is next on the ball to give him a bit back but it's not reckless.

I dunno that it's not reckless.

3-0 down in a pre-season friendly (a truly meaningless match, other than to get the players on the pitch closer to match fitness prior to the season). He didn't need to leave his feet, let alone scissor Fofana.

Context is important, this wasn't a match with anything on the line. A challenge like that in a friendly is a pretty reckless thing to do, because it's not really necessary and it's the sort of challenge where there's a higher chance of injury.

• Upvote 1