talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

To be honest the Fofana challenge before looks a bit naughty too. Raking his studs down his Achilles. 

Yeah I agree with that as well.

There's really no need for this kind of shitty behavior in pre-season friendlies when the job of all players is meant to be "just get into match fitness" - doesn't really justify retaliating like that after being on the receiving end of something dirty like that, but it does give a little bit of insight as to why the fuck he's done that in a friendly.

• Subscriber

I am just so fucked off. Even now. Been sick to death of having to clump together a team on what feels like their last legs for so much of last season. Felt like one after another we'd just lose players, forcing others to play too much to the point they'd end up pulling up too. We'd never needed a pre-season as much as this one. A real sense of recharging, getting virtually everyone back and looking fresh - Ricardo and Barnes, two post injury players, both looked back to their best for large parts tonight.

We'd been excellent. We were taking them to pieces. Were well on course to stick 5 or more past them given the way the game was going.

Then bang. One of the top 3 crucial players breaks his leg in a friendly. An enormous blow to our season.

Fucking furious. We're never ever going to have a fit squad again.

Edited by Dan

• Subscriber

Just trying to wonder what the contingency plan is in this instance. I think you've got to write him off until February at the absolute earliest and even that's probably optimistic - could easily be the whole season.

It would be a blow anyway, but we've still not seen Evans once this preseason. I don't know where he is, what's happened to him, or why he's out. It's not like you can even say it's linked to the Euros either.

As it stands Saturday we're going to probably end up with Amartey and Soyuncu at centre half and to say that fills me with confidence would be a big lie. It's either going to be that, Ndidi / Soyuncu with probably Soumare in midfield (possibly my preferred option but unsure if it would leave us a bit weak in defensive midfield), or even a back three (sighs) of Amartey, Soyuncu and Bertrand.

It's imperative we get a centre half in now. I think that was rising as a priority position before tonight given Evans absence but we might even need two now. I wonder if it'll force us into selling Maddison you know, essentially selling him to fund two, maybe even three signings. I got the impression we'd spent most of our budget to get Daka & Soumare in and this will force our hand somewhat. Could be talking rubbish but our bargaining position in this one went down a bit as a result of tonight as we need the money a bit more.

All speculation but we've got to make a move now. I thought this before even this injury but I have a feeling we'll sign Gary Cahill. He seems probably the nearest thing to Evans we could bring in. Would say the chances of Kabak coming in grew tonight too, that may have been a contingency.

Edited by Dan

Accusations of intent like it’s Keane on Haaland doesn’t sit right with me, either. It’s quite a big statement and it’s not as though the lad stood over Fofana like Keane did. The reaction would not be the same had the lads Achilles ruptured but that’s the emotion of following a team. 

It’s the clichèd “strikers challenge”, not a lot more. Accusations of intent are unfounded too when it’s two lads playing directly against each other. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Storts said:

To be honest the Fofana challenge before looks a bit naughty too. Raking his studs down his Achilles. 

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Accusations of intent like it’s Keane on Haaland doesn’t sit right with me, either. It’s quite a big statement and it’s not as though the lad stood over Fofana like Keane did. The reaction would not be the same had the lads Achilles ruptured but that’s the emotion of following a team. 

It’s the clichèd “strikers challenge”, not a lot more. Accusations of intent are unfounded too when it’s two lads playing directly against each other. 

It was just 'unfortunate', right? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, it was. Bit daft but hardly worth the reaction that’s come from it. 

Whatever. Don't think we'll agree so will just leave it there. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Have to say that I'm amazed that some think it's just 'unfortunate'. It's a really poor challenge and endangers the safety of the opponent.

I think Fofana's earlier challenge can be described as unfortunate.

I can't comprehend it. If any of the players they support get snapped like that in any game this season I just can't imagine they'll be saying how 'unfortunate' it is. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Have to say that I'm amazed that some think it's just 'unfortunate'. It's a really poor challenge and endangers the safety of the opponent.

I think Fofana's earlier challenge can be described as unfortunate.

There’s more intent in Fofana trying to turn the lads Achilles into cheesestring than the one on him. 

• Facepalm 1

Funny thing is nobody mentions that Fofana stamps on the lads Achilles just moments before. 

Doesn't excuse going after him of course, but just feel this has turned into a bit of a pantomime. Calls for the Villareal lad to be banned for a year ffs, seen worse all around the leagues last season - just an unfortunate coming together which has caused such an extreme injury.

• Subscriber

I’d be reacting the same as Stan if one of our key players got injured in a Pre season friendly got injured from a bad tackle, no doubt about it. Means you can’t look at it from an objective standpoint though. Fofanas rake down the Achilles wasn’t great, the tackle on him wasn’t either, and the outcome is definitely unfortunate. But I’ve seen a lot lot worse

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Whiskey said:

Funny thing is nobody mentions that Fofana stamps on the lads Achilles just moments before. 

Doesn't excuse going after him of course, but just feel this has turned into a bit of a pantomime. Calls for the Villareal lad to be banned for a year ffs, seen worse all around the leagues last season - just an unfortunate coming together which has caused such an extreme injury.

I mentioned that actually as did Gonzo ha

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

I’d be reacting the same as Stan if one of our key players got injured in a Pre season friendly got injured from a bad tackle, no doubt about it. Means you can’t look at it from an objective standpoint though. Fofanas rake down the Achilles wasn’t great, the tackle on him wasn’t either, and the outcome is definitely unfortunate. But I’ve seen a lot lot worse

aherm Josh Dasilva aherm :ph34r:

Edited by Danny

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Stan said:

The absolute cunt that is Fer Nino. Utterly disgusting as you say. Revenge for a small tackle Fofana did moments earlier. Nino did the standard Spanish thing of writhing around as if suffering an injury that Fofana did. Then comes back on totally fine and does that. 

It's fucking horrendous. 

Actually sickened me watching it. Clear ankle or leg break by looks of it. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. 

This 'unfortunate' aspect people keep bringing him. Think about why? 

He's flown in in a scissor motion which isn't really allowed in any game, let alone it being a friendly. It was vengeful. And malicious. I don't get what else people are seeing? 

Even if it's emotion talking now I don't see how it'll ever just be 'unfortunate'. It was deliberate even without the context of what happened a few minutes before. Nino embarrassed himself with his feigning agony and then miraculously recovered to do that. 

It actually disappoints me people just see it as unfortunate. If he doesn't go flying in like that there's no talk of fortune, or lack of. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

10 hours ago, Dan said:

For what it's worth - he definitely went in a bit hard deliberately, in retaliation to this:

I don't think he intended that outcome but there was definitely some malice in it.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

It's the fact Fofana 'hurt' (definitely didn't) him about 5 minutes before. It's just too big a coincidence.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I've no doubts he's probably waited to see when Fofana is next on the ball to give him a bit back but it's not reckless.

It's just horribly unlucky it's turned into a bad one for Fofana. Could easily have walked away from it with nothing and for all the hate the Villarreal bloke received, he did win the ball. It was just a bad tangle.

9 hours ago, Storts said:

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I agree with that as well.

There's really no need for this kind of shitty behavior in pre-season friendlies when the job of all players is meant to be "just get into match fitness" - doesn't really justify retaliating like that after being on the receiving end of something dirty like that, but it does give a little bit of insight as to why the fuck he's done that in a friendly.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s more intent in Fofana trying to turn the lads Achilles into cheesestring than the one on him. 

Yeah no-one mentioned the tackle before.

Stamps xDxDxD. A stamp is is what Joey Barton does ffs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The performances over a longer period do concern me I can't lie. Last night was a disaster in isolation but it's not the first time it's happened. 3rd game in 6 that we've shipped 4+ in the league. It's sort of inevitable when you lose defenders at the rate we seem to but we've clearly not found the answer to it either.

I think some of those who've been here a while need to look at themselves. Soyuncu I'm running out of patience with. Maddison hasn't had a good game in 6 months. Perez is totally out of his depth and shouldn't play against anybody above the Championship in a cup game this season.

I want to think it's just a dip but performance wise we seem to have picked up where we left off last season. We did win the FA Cup which to me made all of these things irrelevant at the time but you don't live in the past. We need to sharpen our act. Slightly concerned for Saturday - what I'm noticing under Rodgers is that we do have particular sides we struggle to perform against. West Ham have become the obvious one but we were shocking against an abysmal Norwich in 2019/20 in both games. I would not be surprised if they took something.

• 2 months later...

I don't have a problem with Maddison getting stick off of our supporters and then giving it back after he scored....but he's just posted a clip of his post-match interview talking about giving one back to opposition fans, the goal and his celebration on TikTok. That's his first goal in 16 Premier League games...xD