talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don't have a problem with Maddison getting stick off of our supporters and then giving it back after he scored....but he's just posted a clip of his post-match interview talking about giving one back to opposition fans, the goal and his celebration on TikTok. That's his first goal in 16 Premier League games...xD

so?  

He was getting stick from your fans and gave a bit back.

What's the issue?

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

so?  

He was getting stick from your fans and gave a bit back.

What's the issue?

Nothing against the in stadium celebrations or the actual interview, having enjoyed the shithousery of Neal Maupay I can enjoy it when it happens against us. But the fact that his goalscoring ability fell off a cliff for a period of 16 games prior, to go home, get it clipped together and post it on his socials....It's very Arsenal taking selfies after scoring a goal whilst simultaneously not being good enough to win anything and a little bit Crystal Palace having a goal of the month competition when they haven't scored a goal in that month

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Nothing against the in stadium celebrations or the actual interview, having enjoyed the shithousery of Neal Maupay I can enjoy it when it happens against us. But the fact that his goalscoring ability fell off a cliff for a period of 16 games prior, to go home, get it clipped together and post it on his socials....It's very Arsenal taking selfies after scoring a goal whilst simultaneously not being good enough to win anything and a little bit Crystal Palace having a goal of the month competition when they haven't scored a goal in that month

I think you're making a massive deal about it.

He's stated he suffered from low confidence really due to recurring injuries, took a break out the team, returned last week and has vastly improved his performances, culminating in a goal and assist. He's just happy I guess he's found his form and is feeling more confident.  

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you're making a massive deal about it.

He's stated he suffered from low confidence really due to recurring injuries, took a break out the team, returned last week and has vastly improved his performances, culminating in a goal and assist. He's just happy I guess he's found his form and is feeling more confident.  

I was more just having a laugh mate but not always easy to portray that without the use of a billion emojis xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Been a topic of debate among my fellow Chelsea fans trying to work out why your Maddison did not start against us on Saturday?

Is there a known reason you guys are aware of?

Given the line-up, it looked like we set up to play defensive (5 defenders incl. 2 WBs) and then Soumare and Ndidi to sit deep as 'protection'.

The protection was about as useful as a chocolate teapot and the front 3 as a 'counter' didn't really work either. The supply to them was non-existent.

Said a lot that when Maddison came on, he was getting in decent positions and it gave us another player in your half/final third. 

I think it was just general mindset and showed way too much respect to your team. It was very easy to overcome given your talent of midfield (Jorginho/Kante ran us ragged). In the first minute the wing-backs (Chilwell especially) kind of had a free license to just run forward and get on the end of/create opportunities without being marked or followed. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Given the line-up, it looked like we set up to play defensive (5 defenders incl. 2 WBs) and then Soumare and Ndidi to sit deep as 'protection'.

The protection was about as useful as a chocolate teapot and the front 3 as a 'counter' didn't really work either. The supply to them was non-existent.

Said a lot that when Maddison came on, he was getting in decent positions and it gave us another player in your half/final third. 

I think it was just general mindset and showed way too much respect to your team. It was very easy to overcome given your talent of midfield (Jorginho/Kante ran us ragged). In the first minute the wing-backs (Chilwell especially) kind of had a free license to just run forward and get on the end of/create opportunities without being marked or followed. 

Thanks for the answer Stan. He always plays well against us pushed up on Jorginho. Happy we didnt see him till 2nd half.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Big news for us - Lee Congerton is going to Atalanta.

Common consensus, and something I strongly agree is that this is fantastic news. There's no smoke without fire. He's been involved at numerous clubs that have recruited awfully and I think ours has gone backwards in the time he's been here as well. Ahead of what's going to be quite a key period of recruitment for us in the next year or so this is a real stroke of luck. I'm baffled at what Atalanta, a club who recruit well themselves, have seen to do this, but happy days.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Big news for us - Lee Congerton is going to Atalanta.

Common consensus, and something I strongly agree is that this is fantastic news. There's no smoke without fire. He's been involved at numerous clubs that have recruited awfully and I think ours has gone backwards in the time he's been here as well. Ahead of what's going to be quite a key period of recruitment for us in the next year or so this is a real stroke of luck. I'm baffled at what Atalanta, a club who recruit well themselves, have seen to do this, but happy days.

Bit harsh considering he's held some responsibility in bringing the likes of Youri, Castagne, Daka, Justin, Fofana in. Not saying it's all been great as there's been some shockers, but it's not like it's been totally horrid here.

Do agree that we're about to enter a huge period of recruitment though - the likes of Vardy, Kasper, Evans, Youri potentially leaving. Those 4 being big characters and leaders in the team expected to leave/end their careers within the next couple of years.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bit harsh considering he's held some responsibility in bringing the likes of Youri, Castagne, Daka, Justin, Fofana in. Not saying it's all been great as there's been some shockers, but it's not like it's been totally horrid here.

Do agree that we're about to enter a huge period of recruitment though - the likes of Vardy, Kasper, Evans, Youri potentially leaving. Those 4 being big characters and leaders in the team expected to leave/end their careers within the next couple of years.

Tielemans and Justin were before him even if the deals themselves happened happened with him here. It's not as simple as to blame him for every bad deal and credit others for every good one but I have spotted a pattern in our recruitment in the last two years and I've not really liked it - and recruitment is something I think any club should be absolutely thorough with, especially somebody like us who are frequently trying to compete with sides who can outbid us, I just don't think we can afford to get nearly any wrong.

I'm led to believe Castagne was a Rodgers/Congerton pick which I think has been a decent one. Fofana I believe was as well so that's a big tick.

I just don't think he was a good move at all from us bringing him in. Thought it from day one, based on previous warnings but seen very little to change my mind. This is a good move and I'm quite confident of that. We really need to get this next year right.

• Administrator

Hope Morton is proud of himself. Leg-breaker of a challenge, confirmed. 

Would be nice if he or Klopp even gave an apology for the tackle. Take some responsibility and accountability. 

• Administrator

Ndidi and Amartey off to AFCON this week. 

Soyuncu and Evans out injured for a few weeks. Fofana and Justin still injured. 

We literally only have Vestergaard as a fit centre back xD

• Subscriber

I don't like the idea of throwing a 17 year old into this but Nelson is meant to be decent and I guess sometimes you do have to go for the deep end.

It's shambolic stuff. We're gonna end up with a back three of Castagne, Vestergaard and Bertrand aren't we. Some kind of incarnation of that and it's going to be every bit as ghastly as feared.

This season's just a damp squib. Go for the conference league and FA Cup. We're doing nothing in the league.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't like the idea of throwing a 17 year old into this but Nelson is meant to be decent and I guess sometimes you do have to go for the deep end.

It's shambolic stuff. We're gonna end up with a back three of Castagne, Vestergaard and Bertrand aren't we. Some kind of incarnation of that and it's going to be every bit as ghastly as feared.

This season's just a damp squib. Go for the conference league and FA Cup. We're doing nothing in the league.

Even Bertrand went off injured in the warm-up today...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This probably won't mean a lot to anyone at all (apart from @Dan) but one of our most loyal fans passed away at the age of 33 yesterday :(

He was in care recently but reading some of his last tweets is also very said. 

RIP Liam. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

This probably won't mean a lot to anyone at all (apart from @Dan) but one of our most loyal fans passed away at the age of 33 yesterday :(

He was in care recently but reading some of his last tweets is also very said. 

RIP Liam. 

That's awful. 

RIP Liam 🙏 

• Subscriber

He was brilliant really. He was one of those part of the furniture types, I don't think anybody could've really had any kind of gripe with him. Became known for tracking planes of potential signings which he got laughed at for initially but everyone started loving it xD I've seen him before, not many times, but I think he's somebody that truly deserves some kind of tribute in my opinion, huge huge fan of the club.

I actually read that tweet at the time as well, was not expecting it to happen so soon after. I hope it was peaceful. Would be a fitting one to win this weekend.

RIP Liam.

• Subscriber

I'm massively concerned by how we've performed this season and it's so much worse than the last two seasons but I'll be amazed if we're dragged into it.

Got to address what's been served up this season though. It's been miles off our best. We're 10th and we probably ought to be lower.

On 06/02/2022 at 00:52, Dan said:

I'm massively concerned by how we've performed this season and it's so much worse than the last two seasons but I'll be amazed if we're dragged into it.

Got to address what's been served up this season though. It's been miles off our best. We're 10th and we probably ought to be lower.

Do you think Rodgers is in danger this season? 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Do you think Rodgers is in danger this season? 

I thought he was going to be fine and we'd get enough wins to keep any serious heat off him, but it's getting embarrassing now and I think there's a chance he does go. It's a very costy exercise for us to sack him and that's the main reason he's safe.

For all the excuses I hear, injuries, fatigue etc... well I don't see terrible players in the sides we're naming. The capitulations are a result of a lack of the basics. There is no way the defenders yesterday should be performing that badly yet it's the same virtually every game these days.

That game against you was a real turning point I think now. I can't see us winning any of our next three in the league.

• Upvote 1