talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Knowing the FA it's probably because he criticised women's football.

Neville did the same and ended up getting the England Women's manager job xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Neville did the same and ended up getting the England Women's manager job xD

Should just pretend he's never heard of women's football. That'll probably get him off it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 06/03/2019 at 19:04, Dan said:

Extremely concerned at the strong rumours about us replacing Eduardo Macia (who nobody in the press seems to have realised has gone to Bordeaux) as head of recruitment with Lee Congerton, currently at Celtic and worked with Rodgers there.

He is largely slated by fans of both Celtic & Sunderland.

Having looked at Sunderland's business under him I'm a bit bemused that we'd go near him even despite Rodgers' recommendation. Millions thrown away on ageing players with no resale which has contributed somewhat to the demise of that club.

It would be extremely Leicester though. Spend a shit load on a top class training facility, pay a decent compensation package to get a good manager in and then bring in someone with an abysmal track record as head of recruitment.

If Leicester ever want to make waves again then they have to get these things right. If not we'll not achieve anything.

This dreaded news has now happened.

Absolutely ridiculous move from us. I just don't get it. I really don't.

It's killed a lot of my excitement to be honest. The only chance a club like ours has of ever succeeding towards the top beyond a tycoon takeover is to get the recruitment dead on. This couldn't be more opposed to that if we tried to be.

Piss poor.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

This dreaded news has now happened.

Absolutely ridiculous move from us. I just don't get it. I really don't.

It's killed a lot of my excitement to be honest. The only chance a club like ours has of ever succeeding towards the top beyond a tycoon takeover is to get the recruitment dead on. This couldn't be more opposed to that if we tried to be.

Piss poor.

Think there's a bit of an OTT reaction on the whole with his appointment. It's not that  bad. For all the shite he signed at Sunderland there's several signings he was responsible for at Chelsea which equal it out. 

I'll at least give him a chance but it can't be worse than signings like Slimani, Musa, Ghezzal etc?

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

Think there's a bit of an OTT reaction on the whole with his appointment. It's not that  bad. For all the shite he signed at Sunderland there's several signings he was responsible for at Chelsea which equal it out. 

I'll at least give him a chance but it can't be worse than signings like Slimani, Musa, Ghezzal etc?

It could be every bit as bad I worry. I can't ignore what his previous clubs' fans say about him. There's no smoke without fire.

We can do better and I'm sure of it.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

The reliable people think that we've got another signing minimum coming in. The target is two more, both of them for pretty good money as well. Largely rumoured to be Dennis Praet and Suso.

Tarkowski our target if Maguire goes.

Edited by Dan

6 hours ago, Dan said:

The reliable people think that we've got another signing minimum coming in. The target is two more, both of them for pretty good money as well. Largely rumoured to be Dennis Praet and Suso.

Tarkowski our target if Maguire goes.

Hope so as that means we get a cushty sell on

Edited by Danny

• Administrator

Can confidently say at the point of any of these signings, we never actually needed the money. For all the bad business we've done (Slimani, Musa, Ghezzal to name a few), there can't be any complaints at how well we've done with these players:

EBD65yRUIAU7-kT?format=jpg&name=medium

• Administrator

Vichai's son, Aiyawatt, takes over officially as chairman from today. His dad would be extremely proud as to how he's handled things since the tragedy. I can see him taking us forward how his dad would have wanted :x

• Subscriber

Think it's easy to forget at times that it's the very site his Dad died. It must be hard to go there at times.

Fair play to him though for picking it up. He'll do well, I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b478e219986420eff3d84083a106fbbc.png

Shinji Okazaki: Ex-Leicester forward leaves Malaga after 34 days

Former Leicester City forward Shinji Okazaki has left Malaga after 34 days.

Reports in Spain say the Japan international, 33, has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent because the Spanish second-tier club are unable to fit his wages within their budget.

Okazaki won the Premier League with Leicester in 2016 and left this summer after scoring 19 goals in 137 games.

He did not feature in Malaga's three league matches this season and is now a free agent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49562947

• Administrator
Just now, True Blue said:

How do you sign a player without knowing his wages, or the fact that you can't afford them. So he will sit out this season?

They knew his wages but clearly didn't plan for it. Bad decisions by the board or hierarchy there. 

He's been released as a free agent so can play for any side that chooses to take him on.

I sympathise with him though as he's such a nice guy and been done out of a move due to carelessness by other people out of his control.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

They knew his wages but clearly didn't plan for it. Bad decisions by the board or hierarchy there. 

He's been released as a free agent so can play for any side that chooses to take him on.

I sympathise with him though as he's such a nice guy and been done out of a move due to carelessness by other people out of his control.

I doubt he will struggle to find a new team, he did seem as a genuinely good guy. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Rodgers has criticised the lack of goals from our wingers. For me he's spot on and it's exactly what we're missing - in 9 games, they have one goal between the four of them. I don't think we can sustain a top four bid without a significant improvement in this area.

However if we do address it I think we'll do it.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Rodgers has criticised the lack of goals from our wingers. For me he's spot on and it's exactly what we're missing - in 9 games, they have one goal between the four of them. I don't think we can sustain a top four bid without a significant improvement in this area.

However if we do address it I think we'll do it.

How does he normally line you lot up? I haven’t seen too many of your matches this year, really just the match against us and I doubt you’re usually that shithousey because I imagine at this point you’re favourites against your opponents.

I notice you said “wingers” so I’m assuming he’s not going with the 442 diamond he loved so much with us.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How does he normally line you lot up? I haven’t seen too many of your matches this year, really just the match against us and I doubt you’re usually that shithousey because I imagine at this point you’re favourites against your opponents.

I notice you said “wingers” so I’m assuming he’s not going with the 442 diamond he loved so much with us.

Schmeichel

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi

Maddison - Tielemans

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Or

Schmeichel

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi - Choudhury 

Perez - Tielemans - Maddison

Vardy

Where he's played Maddison out left, it's almost shooting ourselves in the foot. It's not his best position and we don't get the best out of him when he's there.

Centrally, and the stats back this up, he and the team are so much more cohesive and creative. It's quite obvious centrally he's so influential. The beauty of the rest of the midfield is that they are all capable and very good at what they do - Ndidi with his Kante-esque performances this season (no exaggeration, honest). Tielemans did start off a bit slow this season but he's finally having more of a say in some games and producing decent performances as expected. When Choudhury comes in he's effective as a defensive midfielder, ball-winner (I know you don't like him but fuck it xD

Vardy is just top class and is delivering under Rodgers - 17 goals since he took over and it's the most out of anyone else in the division in that time-frame.

Pereira is the best right-back in the league - defensively sound. Again the stats for tackling back it up. Gives us another dimension when attacking as well. Virtually plays as a winger and has been better than any other winger anyway.

Soyuncu and Evans have a great solid partnership together. The former has stepped in to Maguire's shoes and then some. It was good recruitment from us last summer to get a replacement in at that time knowing that Maguire might leave then. 

I’d like Choudhury if he wasn’t so fucking reckless. He’s young though, so he can learn that you can be physical as fuck and also not dangerous to play against. He’s also going to pick up a few red cards while he learns that I imagine.

Playing Maddison on the left got you a goal against the joint best defense in the league (no not Sheffield United, but us) - so it can’t be all bad. Granted you lot hardly created a thing against us, which might have meant maybe he’d have had more chances centrally.

So I’m guessing it’s the 4231 when Rodgers thinks you need to control a match, 433 when you’re expected to beat a side?

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’d like Choudhury if he wasn’t so fucking reckless. He’s young though, so he can learn that you can be physical as fuck and also not dangerous to play against. He’s also going to pick up a few red cards while he learns that I imagine.

Playing Maddison on the left got you a goal against the joint best defense in the league (no not Sheffield United, but us) - so it can’t be all bad. Granted you lot hardly created a thing against us, which might have meant maybe he’d have had more chances centrally.

So I’m guessing it’s the 4231 when Rodgers thinks you need to control a match, 433 when you’re expected to beat a side?

Thing is, Choudhury isn't that reckless. He just puts a lot more tackles in than anyone else. Too much gets made out of the way he plays the game because so many people are so soft these days. The Ritchie tackle against Newcastle was another talking point - Ritchie went in half-arsed and came off worse - it's what you're taught in Sunday League football; go in 100% and you're less likely to get hurt. 

I still maintain the Salah incident was more unfortunate than anything else. Look at Fabinho on James - he's absolutely poleaxed him and nearly knocked him out as he's challenged. I'd be more inclined to say that's more dangerous than what Choudhury did.

Salah's foot is caught under Choudhury's thigh - there's the unfortunate side. It was cynical. Choudhury did something similar last season when he tracked back against Mane, tackled from behind, got the ball and carried on. It was a cynical from Choudhury, no doubt.

Regarding the formation - pretty much. Perez is the inverted winger on the right hand side which helps create space for Pereira to join attacks. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thing is, Choudhury isn't that reckless. He just puts a lot more tackles in than anyone else. Too much gets made out of the way he plays the game because so many people are so soft these days. The Ritchie tackle against Newcastle was another talking point - Ritchie went in half-arsed and came off worse - it's what you're taught in Sunday League football; go in 100% and you're less likely to get hurt. 

I still maintain the Salah incident was more unfortunate than anything else. Look at Fabinho on James - he's absolutely poleaxed him and nearly knocked him out as he's challenged. I'd be more inclined to say that's more dangerous than what Choudhury did.

Salah's foot is caught under Choudhury's thigh - there's the unfortunate side. It was cynical. Choudhury did something similar last season when he tracked back against Mane, tackled from behind, got the ball and carried on. It was a cynical from Choudhury, no doubt.

Regarding the formation - pretty much. Perez is the inverted winger on the right hand side which helps create space for Pereira to join attacks. 

Fabinho’s was dirty but I’m pretty sure it was right after James had faked a head injury which wound us up. The thing is what Fabinho didn’t wasn’t a foul, but what Choudhury did was definitely a foul.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fabinho’s was dirty but I’m pretty sure it was right after James had faked a head injury which wound us up

In a totally different game to be fair...

Choudhury's was a foul, for sure. Just don't think it was as bad as was made out after. It was only exacerbated because of Salah getting injured from it. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

In a totally different game to be fair...

Choudhury's was a foul, for sure. Just don't think it was as bad as was made out after. It was only exacerbated because of Salah getting injured from it. 

Nah like a few minutes before Fab did his challenge. He lay there rolling his head until the ref blew the whistle and then he immediately popped back up and wanted to get on with the match - at least the ref made him get to the sidelines. But if he’s got a history of doing that, well I’m not surprised. He’s got that Rivaldo quality of making a meal of every touch, the little cunt