talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he's just bullshitting that he was in contention for the job, because he's Rodgers and he likes to big himself up every chance he gets

Bullshiting about what? He was literally asked about the link and he refused to comment on it xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's talking about how great he and Leicester are, instead of just saying "there's nothing to talk about it". I get it, you both like Rodgers and I fucking hate the cunt, so you're going to see it differently to me.

xD agree to disagree on that front then!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's talking about how great he and Leicester are, instead of just saying "there's nothing to talk about it". I get it, you both like Rodgers and I fucking hate the cunt, so you're going to see it differently to me.

Gonzo I honestly dont see what you are. He never once mentioned Spurs (totally dismissed it) and never once talked about how great he is. He literally just talked about loving life in Leicester mate.

Also dont get why you would 'fucking hate the cunt' either?

What did he do that was so bad for you to have such deep rooted hatred for the bloke?

Edited by LFCMadLad

Obviously on average their squad is much more talented now but the individual quality shown by the title-winning side was ridiculous at points. I think the thing that made them was the defensive solidity combined with several key creative players just having bewilderingly good seasons.

Leicester now are better systematically in terms of manipulating the opposition and creating chances, but the title-winning side just consistently found a way of ripping open teams at crucial points with a moment of magic, and if not then Vardy would somehow grab a goal out of the slightest opening. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

By the way, the article states he said he never considered leaving but if you look at the quotes in the article, no mention of those words xD

He was asked if he was approached by Spurs. He said theres nothing to talk about.

I'm absolutely lost as to what hes done wrong?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf is he talking about lol. I don't think Spurs were ever in for him for a second - they sacked Poch and promptly went for Mourinho.

Granted, this is the man who said that Milner joined his Liverpool side "because he wanted to win the Champions League" - and it's all well and good saying that after we've just won the Champions League with Milner and we're about to play Leicester... other than the fact that when Milner joined us, Rodgers had fucking ruined the side and we were total dogshit and nowhere near being a Champions League winning side.

He's a man of baffling media quotes.

I haven't seen a single word from him there about Tottenham. That's been spun somewhat.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Obviously on average their squad is much more talented now but the individual quality shown by the title-winning side was ridiculous at points. I think the thing that made them was the defensive solidity combined with several key creative players just having bewilderingly good seasons.

Leicester now are better systematically in terms of manipulating the opposition and creating chances, but the title-winning side just consistently found a way of ripping open teams at crucial points with a moment of magic, and if not then Vardy would somehow grab a goal out of the slightest opening. 

That team continues to not get the respect it deserves. We actually got slated for winning 1-0 xD

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.d0925886802e9f32005dd77d7292d9a9.png

Premier League stats: Why Leicester are title challengers again

_109816177_leicester_getty.jpg

We need to talk about Leicester.

Much of the recent media focus has been on the fascinating battle between Liverpool and Manchester City, the managerial turmoil at Tottenham and the developing crises at Arsenal, Everton and West Ham.

Away from all that noise though, Brendan Rodgers' side has continued to go about their business quietly (barring one headline-grabbing result), ruthlessly and quite superbly - with Saturday's 2-0 win at Brighton keeping them second in the table, a point above the reigning champions and behind only Jurgen Klopp's unbeaten leaders.

You don't need us to remind you what happened the last time Leicester were as well-placed at this stage of a Premier League season.

And while we wouldn't suggest the Foxes book, Andrea Bocelli, again just yet, the stats behind their impressive start to this campaign do hint at something special brewing once more at the King Power Stadium.

Out-foxing opponents

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

I think it's Liverpool's but we shouldn't be discounted. We are winning routinely at a canter. We have scored 17 goals since we last conceded. We've won 5 in a row with a very decent chance given the fixtures that we make it 9. We have the leagues top scorer, the leagues best defence, the leagues second best attack.

We've been utterly brilliant. We've taken the start of picking results up without the performances to getting even better results with the performances to match.

It's an exceptional Leicester side.

• Subscriber

As much as I dislike VAR, league tables 'without VAR' are on a par with combined XIs, It's just meaningless drivel. Goals totally alter games. You cannot draw a definitive result based on one decision unless it was effectively the last kick of the game.

Example - Leicester v Tottenham. Non VAR table gives Tottenham the win as they go 0-2 up through Aurier - goal is chalked off for offside. This doesn't factor in that Tottenham have thrown away 0-2 leads on several occasions, nor did it factor in that VAR actually stopped Leicester going 1-0 up in the first half. How can you possibly say for sure?

I absolutely admit we've been one of VAR's main beneficiaries but those kinds of tables are just absolute drivel and typical of the excuse making culture of today.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't give a fuck about what happens to Sterling tbh as long as the shitbag never plays for us again lol

You sound like our son, if I mention Stirling to him he throws a tizzy and calls him a "fucking turncoat little bastard  :40_rage:"  :4_joy:

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ae3c3b1867f2e55a7caf37ab0e3eddb5.png

Leicester's new training ground is on course to be completed by next summer despite recent bad weather proving an "absolute nightmare" for contractors, Buddhist monks have blessed the new training ground in an elaborate ceremony. (Leicester Mercury)

0_Monks.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)