talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I wonder if any of those players were caught up in quarantine rules though that changed while they were out on holiday? Or have they gone out to those countries knowing there are quarantine rules to face when they come back?

Which six players anyway? 

I don't know which players but had it confirmed that it's happened so we can put two and two together on Wednesday - Rodgers is apparently absolutely furious, which he has every right to be. Given he's supposedly angry I'm imagining somebody has dropped a clanger and broken some sort of rules. For all I personally think the restrictions are over the top (totally different debate to be honest) you simply can't get away with it in the public eye.

I really thought we'd have a signing in by now. I think we need about 4 signings and that's at a minimum.

I don't get the delay in the Maddison news, I mean good news of course but why has it taken six months to announce it xD

Mendy has also signed a new deal today (well announced, could've signed it any time in the last decade), I don't mind but do you think three years is slightly excessive? For somebody I had as basically nailed on to leave that just seems a bit over the top to me.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't know which players but had it confirmed that it's happened so we can put two and two together on Wednesday - Rodgers is apparently absolutely furious, which he has every right to be. Given he's supposedly angry I'm imagining somebody has dropped a clanger and broken some sort of rules. For all I personally think the restrictions are over the top (totally different debate to be honest) you simply can't get away with it in the public eye.

I really thought we'd have a signing in by now. I think we need about 4 signings and that's at a minimum.

I don't get the delay in the Maddison news, I mean good news of course but why has it taken six months to announce it xD

Mendy has also signed a new deal today (well announced, could've signed it any time in the last decade), I don't mind but do you think three years is slightly excessive? For somebody I had as basically nailed on to leave that just seems a bit over the top to me.

Rodgers probably has extra reason to be furious given he's had COVID himself and doesn't really want to face it again, not least at the hands of his own players!

I've got a feeling we'll get a signing done this week. Maybe Tagliafico? One can hope.

3 years for Mendy is definitely excessive. It wouldn't surprise me if he had other deals on the table then we rock up with 3 years and he's like 'fuck it I'll stay then' xD. Surely he'll only play in cup games and the odd European game? I guess central-midfield isn't really a position we need to strengthen and he's not the worst back-up player to have. As long as other players like James and Amartey don't bag contracts. Then something definitely is up.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rodgers probably has extra reason to be furious given he's had COVID himself and doesn't really want to face it again, not least at the hands of his own players!

I've got a feeling we'll get a signing done this week. Maybe Tagliafico? One can hope.

3 years for Mendy is definitely excessive. It wouldn't surprise me if he had other deals on the table then we rock up with 3 years and he's like 'fuck it I'll stay then' xD. Surely he'll only play in cup games and the odd European game? I guess central-midfield isn't really a position we need to strengthen and he's not the worst back-up player to have. As long as other players like James and Amartey don't bag contracts. Then something definitely is up.

More the fact that they aren't going to be allowed to train or play in friendlies is why he's livid I think. Not setting ourselves up nicely early doors. I'll be interested to know who these players are.

Tagliafico would ease a lot of my fears, would be a really good signing, exactly the type I think we need - experience of winning trophies, European football and quite possibly an upgrade on Chilwell.

I thought Mendy was basically off. I don't mind Mendy as an option especially we have the Europa League but another three years seems well over the top to me for somebody who'll do well to start 20 league games in that time - this isn't somebody who came in on the cheap either so I'd imagine he's not on a bad wage. Then again he's probably too young to be accepting just a year. Two would've made sense but three is just excessive.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

With the deadline 4 or 5 games into the season I reckon some clubs are waiting to see what they can get away without doing.

We've got a relatively generous opening 5 games (bar Man City away thrown in there) but it's worth pointing out we are pretty thin already, are without Evans for the first three games, Morgan limped off today. I do think we're probably doing what you have said.

I just don't get it with us, we surely have some money, our net spend last summer was about £10mil (if that), we've just taken in £50mil or so for Chilwell. I get there's a pandemic but we're one of three clubs to bring in nobody and with the Europa League coming we're one of the sides in most need of strengthening. Unless they really back a couple of our youngsters to come through.

I'm not demanding an overhaul but I can't believe we've done nothing.

• Administrator

Looks like we might sign Castagne from Atalanta to give us a bit more cover. Can play left or right side but mostly right. 

Which gives me the impression Ricardo is out longer than we thought or he'll be played further up. 

• Administrator

Not sure about extremely close regarding Gosens but Castagne is pretty much done.

Weird (but good) if we got 2 Atalanta FBs in one window.

Definitely points to Castagne to play RB and Pereira to be pushed further up field on his return. And also so we have a replacement for when Pereira goes which will be a very sad day :( 

• Subscriber

That's interesting and like Stan says I think that effectively proves Castagne is a contigency plan for Ricardo leaving, but what about Justin?

I'd have Gosens over Castagne though. I'd be well happy if we got him as well really.

It would definitely hint to me three at the back. Maybe he prefers Justin RCB. He was pretty good there tbh, better than at full back arguably. Definitely means we need to buy a centre half, or maybe two. It does however alleviate the need for a winger, but instead definitely a striker.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Future Ballon d'Or winners :ph34r:!

What can you tell us about them :) @nudge?

All part of the new exciting generation of Thai footballers, especially Suphanat who is Thailand's biggest hope and arguably the most promising player in the whole region. All under 23, attacking players, fast, good technique. Will be interesting to see if any of them manages to make a breakthrough in Europe. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

All part of the new exciting generation of Thai footballers, especially Suphanat who is Thailand's biggest hope and arguably the most promising player in the whole region. All under 23, attacking players, fast, good technique. Will be interesting to see if any of them manages to make a breakthrough in Europe. 

Nice. 

Does this make you a Leicester fan if you start following these guys :P?

• Subscriber

I watched a 10 minute video of him yesterday so I'm massively informed on him in my eyes :D

To be honest what struck me about that video was that he's really quite tough. Not only does he look pretty good on the ball, quick, and versatile (playing on either side at full back too) but he is so combative and I like that, I still think that's a fundamental part of being a centre back that it's trendy to overlook. Possibly another Soyuncu, which is good as I think Soyuncu has a very high ceiling.

I'd much sooner this than Tarkowski. @...Dan's comment just backs up what I thought I'd seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ndidi out for between 6-12 weeks for us. 

Absolute killer blow for us. Colossal player on his day and gives us that much needed defensive presence in midfield. Will be a huge loss with him absent from the team. Very short on central defensive options as well which makes me think we'll have to spend a lot of money on a centre back. We needed to buy for that position anyway but this very much forces our hand.