talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Doesn't get the credit he deserves for that run. Add in knocking out Sevilla, the fact we had to contend with a pretty tough run of fixtures with a squad that wasn't really prepared for it (which I can't put down to him). I know I sound like I'm making excuses for him but we prepared for last season so terribly that we didn't react to our setbacks as well as we always used to. Ranieri was dismantling the whole model, and Rudkin twice failed to bring in the right targets - I can't blame Shakespeare for having to field a defence of Simpson, Benalouane, Fuchs and Chilwell, we're bound to struggle.

I totally accept it could go wrong but that is the case no matter who we appoint. I've been impressed with the kinds of things he says - he's a realist and given his snipe at our poor recruitment it looks like he knows exactly what needs fixing.

I would not be disappointed if he ended up being an assistant to someone like Roger Schmidt. I think that could work.

He was one of the architects of a management team that continuously improved this club. The team, the backroom staff, the facilities (which you can credit the owners too) and eventually I think the academy, he's made noises about wanting to improve that too.

If he takes us over I think we'll have a good season.

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We're bound to have money to spend. Likely to take in some money for Mahrez, Musa as well by the sounds of things, as well as the CL revenue on top of the Sky TV money. We're definitely going to spend some.

I don't know what to make of Evans. Don't know how good he is.

• Subscriber

Surprised me too although there are apparently a few issues at Oxford.

Worked with Shakespeare before and was quoted as saying his contacts at Leicester helped us get them in a friendly last year.

• Administrator

No complaints about this. He and Shakespeare obviously get on well with each other but will be interesting to see how Shakespeare does as being the main man and the one mainly in the spotlight. Wonder how much and what Appleton will do as well as assistant managers at different clubs have varying roles and importance. 

• Subscriber

We are definitely looking to expand our ground. We've been in consultation with the same bloke who's designing Everton's new ground. The plan is to add another 10,000 seats onto the East Stand so it'll hold 42,000+.

Would be a great move for us I think. Sold out pretty much every game since we've come up (granted what's happened has helped) and I've always said there is potential here, county of a million people with very little competition. Get it done.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Matty James has signed a new contract til 2021.

Been like a new signing so far this season after his return from injury. He and Ndidi look a good pairing and if Drinkwater does leave, may not be so bad with ready made replacement in James. Also got Iborra to start playing when he recovers from his groin injury.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Iborra would have been perfect for the 2 away games we've lost. 

Said the same after both. Absolutely infuriating that he's missed those two, I'd imagine those scenarios were the exact kind of game he'd have come on for.

Doesn't get any easier for us with Chelsea next, can see another narrow loss to be honest, but Huddersfield I fancy us to get something at. I think they've done very well but they aren't THAT good.

• Administrator

Hahahahahaha was waiting for you to pipe up about that. 

EVERY single keeper in the world comes off their line for penalties. Adrian at West Ham was the worst for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:
Why Leicester City fan who shouted homophobic slur was not banned from matches

He was put on a course to 'rehabilitate him and prevent further offences'. 

wow they are okay with homophobic chants and they are okay with fans beating up police and tearing up towns. 

Fella, you said in a thread about same sex marriage that it was a shame. Don't  be a tit all your life. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

1) im only against gay marriage. i dont care what they do in their own time, just dont try to force it down other people's throat that are not okay with it.

2) im completely against politicizing any sport. 

How is getting married forcing it down other people's throats? I know this isn't the thread but if two guys down the road start dating and/or shagging it has absolutely no effect on my life. If they later decide to get married, it still has no effect at all on my life. I've never understood why quite a few people think there's a line to be drawn between the two situations unless you have religious beliefs that say so.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I never understand that argument. I don't want straight people fucking each other in the street but when I don't want that to happen between two blokes suddenly I'm a homophobe?

Society isn't half going downhill.

I mean it's not directed at people fucking in the street is it? It's directed at people who kiss in public or hold hands and generally show affection, because gay people don't run around the streets giving blow jobs left right and centre.

17 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

1) im only against gay marriage. i dont care what they do in their own time, just dont try to force it down other people's throat that are not okay with it.

2) im completely against politicizing any sport. leave all the extra bs out of the game, i couldn't enjoy watching a spurs game bc of this:

59bb0d00f0465_TottenhamHotspurvSouthamptonPremierLeague827ipx55gr3l.jpg.a51d9bf4856a35b3d1eb9344ff1533ea.jpg

If a banner leaves you deeply uncomfortable,  then you have some unresolved issues.  Better get them treated sooner.

• Subscriber

Storts edited one comment I made towards Teso once on an old forum to make it a bit more aggressive. The result of that action was a Mexican who supports 5 clubs absolutely hates Leicester more than anyone in the world hates anything else. Simple but effective.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Yeah I've probably missed a couple off actually.

No, I think there was a case to ban.

But why are you taking the moral high ground? You have shown yourself in this thread to be in no position what so ever to be acting high and mighty. You're just showing that bizarre hatred for Leicester again. If it was Watford there wouldn't have been a word.